• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: 5 Video Games That Deserved Sequels.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Sequels are so commonplace in video games, it's a little surprising when a well-received game DOESN'T get a sequel. Surprising, and often frustrating. Here are 5 games that we really want more of.

i can agree with four of them...i never got into Half-life. I would LOVE to see a sequel to Jade Empire or Super Mario RPG though!!

I never really thought about it before but yeah, I DO want a vagrant story 2!!!

Or at least would have during the ps2 era. Fuck modern square though. I dont hate them, I just dont trust them to make great games anymore.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Super Mario RPG is a dumb suggestion (sorry to my fellow Seven Stars fans). That game got not one but two competent RPG spinoffs in the form of Paper Mario franchise and M&L franchise.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I want to see sequel to Kid Icarus Uprising on Switch.
6386a0ff16d688658063daa54a8f01e983c26ca2_00.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
For those who don’t want to waste 5 minutes:

5. Einhander
4. Vagrant Story
3. Super Mario RPG
2. Jade Empire
1. Half Life 2 (Episode 2)

Does Super Mario RPG count? I mean there's Paper Mario and M&L.

Personally, Chrono Cross deserves a sequel.

Belmonte

Bruh, God Hand.

They should put it on the list to redeem themselves after their 3/10 God Hand review. With an open letter asking Shinji Mikami for forgiveness.

Yumi

I like the list. Would personally switch einhander with dragons dogma.

I dont know who to trust with a Vagrant Story sequel. Such a weird game to try and modernize.

Always wanted a sequel to Advent Rising on OG Xbox, but I think I might've heard somewhere that it was like, scientology propaganda or some shit?

klosos

I always wanted a sequel to Bladerunner the pc adventure game from the late 90s however I am still waiting.

Also a LA Noire sequel would be cool as well.

trikster40

I guess since they weren’t direct sequels? And saying the 2nd episode of episodic dlc to a sequel itself should disqualify HL2: Ep2.

How about Shadow of the Colossus? Or even Legend ofDragoon?

Powerslide (sequel was in development, but Ratbag couldn't find a publisher before they got shanked by Midway)
Bloodborne (why not)
Mirror's Edge (Catalyst is a prequel. And it's horrible)
Alien Isolation (search your feelings...)
...and yes, Half-Life 2 (a full sequel)

ROMhack

Powerslide (sequel was in development, but Ratbag couldn't find a publisher before they got shanked by Midway)
Bloodborne (why not)
Mirror's Edge (Catalyst is a prequel. And it's horrible)
Alien Isolation (search your feelings...)
...and yes, Half-Life 2 (a full sequel)

You think? I thought it was pretty good, a lot like the first game albeit with a pretty empty open world that wasn't taken advantage of too well.

Last edited:

Yumi

Or even Chrono Trigger. Chrono Cross was such a loose sequel in my opinion.

Mario RPG counts I think cause it was a collaboration between Square and Nintendo. I want to see Mario jump on Sephiroth's head.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
- Einhandler... yeah, would be nice to have one
- Vagrant Story YES! But maybe a remake first because PSX doesn't hold well
- There's a lot of RPGs with Mario, so there's a lot of sequels and therefore not need for this to be included
- Jade Empire... the game is kinda nice, but not great. Should have a remake to people to know it and to fix some stuff, like the pacing
- Not a single company can do justice for a Half Life 2 sequel anymore. It's too late

Top Bottom