• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN First: Bloodborne Story Trailer

Must..stay..strong....

snl-so-freakin-excited.gif

Trace

Banned
This game is going to be something special.

Nothing really new in the trailer, but damn that atmosphere is god tier.

grimmiq

I told myself I'd go on media blackout so I don't spoil any areas/enemies/bosses...but fuck it..I'm probably going to need as much help as I can possibly get to understand the story..

Vena

I think I may be achieving "ruined city, much mystery, corrupting mcguffin" fatigue with this series, lol. Take out the word "blood" and replace it with "souls" and you may as well have just described the setting of Dark Souls 1.

Oh well, still pretty hyped for the gameplay if nothing else!

aly

For people that have seen the trailer and the 18 minute video:
Was that girl talking a big version of the doll from hunters dream refuge? She looked like it.

Niiice.

There was a lot of shimmering in the video. Is that the IGN player, or the game?

It's the game. Been there from the start, keep hoping they'll fix it but maybe not.

Oh well if the game can hold a decent framerate I'll take some shimmering. Souls games were never looks anyway.

Speevy

Banned
That is a thing I wonder since this is not a decayed world full of castle ruins and underground caves.

You know the locations are gorgeous, but do you think they'll be extensions of what we've already seen, or be based on some gameplay theme?

Wabba

I have never played a souls game? is there any ABC on how to be good at this? and does the game (maybe previous games) have a end boss that follows you through the campaign?

the mark

So "Welcome home good hunter. What is it you desire?" might be the new "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended."
Sounds like the maiden.

I think I may be achieving "ruined city, much mystery, corrupting mcguffin" fatigue with this series, lol. Take out the word "blood" and replace it with "souls" and you may as well have just described the setting of Dark Souls 1.

Oh well, still pretty hyped for the gameplay if nothing else!

What I took away from this was that some mysterious disease appeared and began morphing people into these violent zombies, in an effort as an attempt to try to develop a vaccine I understand that the Doctor(that does the transfusion to you and others in the murals on the wall in the trailer), develops some kind of transfusion process that induces some some sort super mutation if the person gives into the nightmare. If the person can fight the off the nightmare, they become a Hunter.

What being a Hunter really means is interesting, as they are meant to hunt beasts implying some form or level of immunity to whatever disease that happens to be spreading into Yharnam. That also implies there is some upper level limit to how much infected blood you can come into contact with or perhaps... Consume? As it implies that you can use it to gain power at a cost, once again implying a correlation between those awful monsters and the hunters and blood transfusion process.

Most of all, The Doctor.

I take it the basic guys we see that are fairly normal, are just standard infected, but the other ones and the bosses are probably Ex Hunters turned beasts.

It's the game. Been there from the start, keep hoping they'll fix it but maybe not.

Oh well if the game can hold a decent framerate I'll take some shimmering. Souls games were never looks anyway.

Okay thanx. I think the looks of Souls look great (in art-direction). But maybe the iQ could be better, yes.

Top Bottom