• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Insider Masterbit Theater NCAA 360 HD videos

Mrbob

The onfield action looks a HELL of a lot better than Madden 06 360, but still slightly jerky. The crowd is also only 2D in ncaa I noticed, but from a distance looks cool. Stadiums are awesome. About 30 minutes total of 720P video to watch.

One thing that annoys me though is I can see some screen tearing in these 720P vids! -___- I don't know if this is the game or the capture footage though.

Juice

Hmm, well I suppose I should trust this impression. Afterall, the OP is known for being extremely rational and consistent in his views.

Mrbob

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?! :D

The Auburn/LSU video gives me a little hope. QB throws a deep pass towards the middle in double coverage and the ball was picked off by the safety and returned for a TD. That never happened in madden 06 360!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?! :D

The Auburn/LSU video gives me a little hope. QB throws a deep pass towards the middle in double coverage and the ball was picked off by the safety and returned for a TD. That never happened in madden 06 360!

YES! They covered atleast one of my problems (hopefully)

Mrbob

ZOMG another INT by the safety on a medium range pass forced into double coverage in the LSU/Auburn video. *passes out*

There are still some problems, like I mentioned before. With the tearing and the 30FPS-ness of the onfield action, but this seems like a huge step up from Madden 06 360. As a first effort by the NCAA team it truly seems like it bitchslaps Madden 06. Perhaps Tiburon hasn't squandered next gen completely yet.

It definitely looks better than Madden did, but I'm still seeing backs run towards the sidelines instead of upfield, and some questionable blocking AI, especially in the Ohio State/Michigan game. About 2:45 into the clip, the OSU DB gets a jump on the snap and ghost tackles Henne while Hart stands and watches. And unfortunately, the players still run too upright.

All that said, some of my fears have been allayed.

Mrbob

Those of you on the fence should watch this videoooo.

It doesn't look as smooth as current gen, but it isn't the abomination that Madden 06 360 is. I guess that is some sort of ringing endorsement.

hgplayer1

yeah that definitely looks playable. I dont get the feeling I got when watching Madden06 vids back before it came out.

watch the OU vs Texas vid and see the guy playing as Texas cheese it up on his first offensive drive.

vision cone is in the game right? Ive only watched the one vid so far but I dont think Ive seen anyone using it in any vids before.

i'm in process of DL the vids. here are my impressions so far:

Positives:
----------
+ DB play is a step up from madden. Seemed like CB's were "in the right place" as they should be.
+ Nice new animations
+ Thank CHRIST the game looks playable. passing seems to be fixed (madden 06 360 had horrible passing game... it stuttered so much when the ball was in the air)

Negatives:
---------
- DB's are in the right place but don't make the easy picks?
- PA Passes are USELESS it seems! Everytime the SC/ND QB did a PA, there was a lineman in his face by the time the fake handoff animation finished. come on now. this is an issue of the offensive lineman moving at one speed, and the defensive line at another.
- Overall the offensive line play seemed poor in those vids

more impressions to come (for those who care!)

DMczaf

- PA Passes are USELESS it seems! Everytime the SC/ND QB did a PA, there was a lineman in his face by the time the fake handoff animation finished. come on now. this is an issue of the offensive lineman moving at one speed, and the defensive line at another.

My only offensive weapon, dead?!?!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm in process of DL the vids. here are my impressions so far:

Positives:
----------
+ DB play is a step up from madden. Seemed like CB's were "in the right place" as they should be.
+ Nice new animations
+ Thank CHRIST the game looks playable. passing seems to be fixed (madden 06 360 had horrible passing game... it stuttered so much when the ball was in the air)

Negatives:
---------
- DB's are in the right place but don't make the easy picks?
- Overall the offensive line play seemed poor in those vids

more impressions to come (for those who care!)

They are probably playing it on the easiest mode

wow these vids are impressing the shit out of me. here are some things ive noticed:

* in the texas vs. oklahoma video we see a playaction pass. the qb escapes the rush and finds a WIDE open TE. at this point im discouraged and say wtf. i rewind and look, the MLB is supposed to cover the TE, but on the PA he completely bites on it and rockets himself at the RB (effectively taking the RB out of the play compeltely, but also leaving the TE open). if it were a running play it probably would have resulted in a fumbled he jumped the gun so fast, but the PA meant big yardage.

* in the same game, texas lines up in 3 wide. the slot receiver is running that ****ing dirty ass play that all the madden league players know and love (the one where he runs up and out at an angle, an outside post). i expected the CB covering him to bite and allow the big gain (which happened even in madden 06), but he played it perfectly as did the safety. should've been picked off but it was broken up by the wr

* texas QB scrambles around, RB is one on one with a LB or CB (didn't see) WAY down field. texas QB bombs it, and it is played perfectly by the defender who swats it away.

i have really looked at the logic in the DB's and why receivers are making catches when they are, and i can't see anything horribly illogical. yes WR's are catching the ball in open space, but why? because the D is playing its zone the way it should. it is just a good eye by the QB. i have yet to see a complete blown coverage or a play that really shouldn't have happened. not to get everyones hopes up, but i can only tell you what i see

p.s. i have seen a decent share of overthrown/underthrown balls when the qb is under pressure :D :D

DCX

DCX
Color me excited! Watching the vids i do have alot of hope for both football games this season, NCAA looks great and the gameplay looks tight...as of now of course...anything can happen between now and retail...but leauge play seems on!

DCX

Mrbob

The Texas/OSU video is gold, as it looks like it highlights many fixes to the problems which occurred in madden 06 360. I have hope now. I really, really do. The dark clouds finally seem to be starting to part and sunlight is starting to peak through. I don't expect it to be the ultimate experience yet, as that will take another 2 or 3 years, but this seems like a great foundation to build off of.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Guys, there is a feature in the game which lets you jump the snap. That might be why some PAs get owned and the play which FMT mentioned the RB gets hammered while the TE runs free for the catch.

The feature itself was influenced by the famous Penn State Lavar Arrington play.

Mrbob

Yeah I saw that, you can hit Y to jump the snap. Pretty cool feature, and hopefully it isn't easy to abuse.

DMczaf

Oh great, why dont we give CK more weapons on the defensive line while us LB users in the league can't manual blitz! BS!

Top Bottom