• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The Last Guardian cancelled, mayhaps; Sony: Nope - Stage XI: Mole Hunt

Who should be banned from NeoGAF?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spongebob

Banned
It all happened so fast.
ejo1DGY.jpg

lol

Rohde's tweet is pretty damn arrogant in actuality.

"Oh yes, Yosp and I had a hearty laugh that people might think a game we haven't shown or discussed in any substantive way for nearly five years might be canceled. Silly little plebeians!!"

It's actually nearly more infuriating than IGN's article given the tone deafness of it.

What are you talking about?

Amikami

Banned
Yeah, I'm surprised Gaf survived. What could this mean for the future of gaf during E3. Honestly going down is part of the gaf experience,

Eusis

So gromph finished up maintenance in the blink of an eye, actually.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we are well-prepared for E3 this year.

famous last words?!
The inevitable re-reveal of Last Guardian as a PS4 game will definitely kill the forum now, like a slingshot that just got pulled back. And I don't even want to think about if it's STILL on PS3 or now a crossgen title.

Hoje0308

Banned

"Oh yes, Yosp and I had a hearty laugh that people might think a game we haven't shown or discussed in any substantive way for nearly five years might be canceled. Silly little plebeians!!"

It's actually nearly more infuriating than IGN's article given the tone deafness of it.

Entitledbratgamer.com/suckitupson/conspiracy

I mean, it's a game they worked on for 8 years and have sent people from various studios to help work on it full time. That was something that was always made very clear. The idea of them not delivering something out of all of this is kind of ridiculous.

As for the radio silence, Sony is a Japanese company after it was clear TLG needed to be overhauled they never wanted to speak about it again, the game being delayed for so long is likely seen as a huge embarrassment for the company. We won't hear about the game until it's nearly finished.

Also, c'mon man, whenever I see your icon I know it's going to be an anti Sony post.

Zabuza

Banned
I'm loving all this, but truth be told I was devastated when I first read that it was cancelled. So fuck you IGN, and I love you GAF.

Amir0x

Banned
IGN is IGN

but why are we giving Sony the benefit of the doubt here?

we haven;t seen shit on this game in a loooooong time.

No company on Earth would be stupid enough to take to twitter and say something is not cancelled knowing it really was. Do you know how big the shit storm will now be if the game is cancelled?

What really makes me wonder is, how much money has Sony put into this game? Cost of the staff, equipment, rent, etc. Can they even imagine making up 1% of the cost this game has caused over the last 8+ years?

I think the handling of this game is a prime example of what's wrong the overall Sony situation.

Hold on to your Steve Butts...

Might have bit off more than he can chew. I've always liked his commentary since back when he was with Escapist. Hopefully this doesn't get too ugly.

No company on Earth would be stupid enough to take to twitter and say something is not cancelled knowing it really was. Do you know how big the shit storm will now be if the game is cancelled?

Couldn't Sony cover by saying "Well it wasn't cancelled at the time!"?

I-hate-u

webm uploaded by demonite. the 5 beeps has been taken as 5 megatons or 5 beeps and one last beep as 5 good announcements and 1 major megaton. (was in the project beast thread)

Can a SCEE employee really have access to all information Sony is going to show at the conference? I mean, Adam Boyes, who is the VP of third of party relations, didn't know the PS4 price until the night before the show.

No disrespect to Demonite ofc.

IGN is IGN

but why are we giving Sony the benefit of the doubt here?

we haven;t seen shit on this game in a loooooong time.

Because if it really was cancelled they wouldn't have been so quick to deny it. They would have just stayed silent. And we all know Sony isn't afraid of scrapping projects. Look at what happened with Santa Monica recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom