• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] The Lords of the Fallen: The First 13 Minutes of Gameplay

We shine our umbral lamp on the opening of the upcoming Lords of the Fallen. Find out how it all begins in the first 13 minutes of gameplay from Hexworks' ambitious soulslike. For more Lords of the Fallen, check out all of our IGN First coverage throughout the month of August.
Hexworks, a CI Games studio, invites players to embark on an epic journey across a vast and treacherous world when the highly anticipated, dark-fantasy action RPG, Lords of the Fallen, releases worldwide on Friday, 13th October 2023. A spiritual successor to the original 2014 title, the upcoming game acts as a full reboot for the franchise and will launch on PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S.

I'm not sure if there's something wrong on IGN's end when they did the gameplay recording but the audio sounds a bit over-compressed/lower bitrate (reminds me of the poor audio in AC Valhalla). Other than that it looks great!

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Jesus Christ, the impact feedback is so limp and weak. It's like the player character is using a toy axe.

Jesus Christ, the impact feedback is so limp and weak. It's like the player character is using a toy axe.
The couple previews I watched both specifically mention that they did a great job of making the hits connect and having enemies respond to them and having the weapons feel like they have weight. Wonder if it's just not translating in the videos?

The couple previews I watched both specifically mention that they did a great job of making the hits connect and having enemies respond to them and having the weapons feel like they have weight. Wonder if it's just not translating in the videos?
God I hope so. Hit impact is what makes the From games work so well. Few souls likes do it right

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Who asked for this? Another creativity bankrupt Souls-like clone, really?
This is first post you ever made that I actually agree with. I'm big fan of FROM games but I hate how every devs trying so hard to be like them.

At least Nioh brought their own style to the formula, these guys other hand way past "inspiration" and went straight to copying them.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm so sick of Souls at this point that the similarities are the least appealing parts of this game. The new stuff with the world swapping looks fun.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Alot of impressions , I am highly cautious.. something about the world swapping has me skeptical on its implementation and the overall 1080p 60fps(not a deal breaker) just feel like I'm going to wait to see reviews and GAF impressions(because I enjoy a good laugh) before I buy it. Luckily have starfield / ac to commit time to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom