• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEATH OF THE FALLEN (Lords of the Fallen Sequel) coming in 2026

Draugoth

Gold Member
DEATH OF THE FALLEN trademark filed on January 3rd 2024 - sequel to 2023 soulslike game Lords of The Fallen.

- developed by the same studio Hexworks
- release planned for 2026 - Unreal Engine 5
- most likely PC and the latest generation consoles but I couldn't find any official statement
- 'built around more ambitious gameplay options for wider audience appeal'

The future titles of CI Games with details (based on company public presentations, trademarks, job listings, and LinkedIn profiles):

🟪Codename: Project III Sequel to Lords of The Fallen Likely titled: DEATH OF THE FALLEN

🟥Codename: Project Survive New IP, open world survival horror Likely titled: ISLAND: GATE TO GEHENNA

🟦Codename: Sniper Ghost Warrior Next

🟨Codename: Project Scorpio New IP, multiplayer PvE tactical FPS All titles are going to have a multiplayer component

Additionally, in 2023, CI Games filed for the trademark BLADE OF FATE. However, the trademark for Blade of Fate was initially filed in 2016 before the release of the mobile game originally called Lord of the Fallen: Blade of Fates. Since then, they have refiled for this trademark in 2019 and again in 2023. Maybe they have plans for a new mobile title in the future, or they simply want to retain the trademark just in case

R6Rider

Gold Member
I really liked their last two Sniper Ghost Warrior games. Looking forward to that next entry.

As for LotF, I haven't played the new one, but seems it sold well enough for a sequel.

Last edited:

GHG

They are improving with each attempt at a game like this. Glad the latest one did well enough for them to have another attempt. All round I think it was a commendable effort and I feel that of all the souls-likes out there it's the best of the bunch while still managing to do some unique things and improving the formula in certain areas.

Hopefully the next one doesn't launch with the same performance issues that the last one did.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I guess LotF did better than I thought? The response looked pretty damn divisive, though I honestly feel like I saw more negatives than positives. I'll probably check it out myself when the price is right.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God damn that was quick!

Ywap

I just started playing Lords on PC and have been very impressed. The dual world is an awesome idea, bringing almost a horror element to the game 🙀

Not only that but i find it drop dead gorgeous and it runs butter smooth even on my mid range 3080 10g with max settings 👍

Shubh_C63

I like the naming convention.

I know LotF was mid but did its ending had any implications for "Death of the fallen lords" ?

ssringo

I guess LotF did better than I thought? The response looked pretty damn divisive, though I honestly feel like I saw more negatives than positives. I'll probably check it out myself when the price is right.
It was divisive but the negatives largely boiled down to a couple points. First is performance which wasn't too great around launch. It got better but I dunno where it's at now as I've moved on. The other is the Umbral Realm enemy spam. It consistently spawns lesser enemies and eventually tougher ones as you're not supposed to dick around there more than necessary. Even as someone that enjoyed the game it did get irritating.

Other complaints were more personalized like "cheap" enemy placement and multiplayer not working well/at all.

Had fun with it. I'll grab it. They'll have time to hone in on what worked and tweak what didn't work as well. Umbral lamp was an awesome feature. All these haters thinking a studios first outing is going to outpace the greats from veterans like FROM are naive. Takes times for studios to get their footing, they did great work for their first foray into that very difficult genre.

Bartski

Gold Member
The other is the Umbral Realm enemy spam. It consistently spawns lesser enemies and eventually tougher ones as you're not supposed to dick around there more than necessary. Even as someone that enjoyed the game it did get irritating.
they patched a lot of that in updates. The game is an example of feedback driven post-release support done right and I'm definitely looking forward to he sequel

Reactions: GHG

ssringo

they patched a lot of that in updates. The game is an example of feedback driven post-release support done right and I'm definitely looking forward to he sequel
I know they did some good work with post release patching and I followed them until a bit after the Halloween event when i stopped playing. Didn't know they adjusted Umbral spawns.

Ywap

I bought a ring from a charismatic blue sales person so i can dick around a bit longer 🤣

Last edited:
Just like with the Lies of P studio, I'm hoping for lessons learned and improvements going forward.

I get why people here are saying 'no thanks' at first mention, but for me I'll wait and see because I do see potential.

Reactions: GHG

Hohenheim

Good!
I ranked Lords of the Fallen nr 11 out of the 24 games I finished in 2023, so this is good news here.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I enjoyed LoTF a lot, it definitely grew on me as I kept playing.

It had some fair criticism, but I think if they take some of that to heart the sequel could be really badass.

My main hope is that they have a way for multiplayer progression to be shared. I play all these games coop with a buddy and its annoying as fuck only the host can loot the best items or get boss progression.

You basically have to do everything twice if theres a certain item you want to loot and youre not the host.

MiguelItUp

Still some days left on Epics sale 👍
Good point! will keep that in mind!
It was divisive but the negatives largely boiled down to a couple points. First is performance which wasn't too great around launch. It got better but I dunno where it's at now as I've moved on. The other is the Umbral Realm enemy spam. It consistently spawns lesser enemies and eventually tougher ones as you're not supposed to dick around there more than necessary. Even as someone that enjoyed the game it did get irritating.

Other complaints were more personalized like "cheap" enemy placement and multiplayer not working well/at all.
Ah gotcha, I hear ya. I'm not one to see "bad reviews" and just auto nope it. So I'll still check it out for sure. I feel like I'm usually in the minority when it comes to stuff like that. hell, with performance too. So many games have run just fine for me when others said it didn't, and I don't even have some super computer either, lol.

GHG

Are they done patching the original? Is there expansions in the work?

They are still working on it but the patch frequency has gone down significantly in the last few weeks (it was every day for quite a while after launch).

No idea on paid expansions but they have released this roadmap for free DLC:

lotf_patchNotes_RoadMap_V9_Christmas_Week1-1280x720.jpg

WitchHunter

Banned
Probably more Elden Ring influence. ER had more options to allow for more varied playstyles and made getting help easier with spirit ashes.
So they should kill the only thing that elevated it, besides the looks? Because it was hard, while ER was like a mellow cow dung in a neverending grass field, without dung beetles.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I replayed Elden Ring unhealthy amount and just waiting for its expansion to get released.

As long FROM continues to make games I dont need any other clones.

EDMIX

I replayed Elden Ring unhealthy amount and just waiting for its expansion to get released.

As long FROM continues to make games I dont need any other clones.

They'll be deadass giving them out for free and I'll still have them on backlog lol I fucking barely got time to play all of From Soft games, how the fuck am I going to play the clones then?

I do want to play that Lies Of P game though.

hlm666

'built around more ambitious gameplay options for wider audience appeal'
Were there complaints about the difficulty? Sounds like they intend to go for little tommies 1st soulslike to attract more people/sales. Good luck with that, could backfire with this genres audience.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You check out Remnant 2 yet?
No, that game plays like a shooters similar to Division, I'm not exactly fan of that type of game.....but at least I can respect them for doing something different instead of trying too hard to be like Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

Last edited:

DemWalls

Last we heard it sold around 1 million copies, but I got the impression that sales were very frontloaded, and that after a very strong start they more or less fell off a cliff.

In fact, I was afraid that a sequel would not be greenlit, since by all accounts it wasn't a cheap game to make... but I'm glad a new title is coming. I liked LotF very much, and with some adjustments a new title could be really great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom