• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Weekly (Madden 07' 360, God Of War 2?)

squicken

The God of War bit was actually pretty funny. Otherwise, bleh. Interviews with celebrities/athletes isn't my thing.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Shaun Alexander is a strange cat.

i'm still cautiously optimistic about madden 360. while the game looks good from those shots (especially the viscious crackback block on that DB!) it looked "good" last year also. plus the video didn't show any shots from gameplay angles.

Mrbob

That video footage does look awesome.

HOWEVER....you can tell by the way things move it is going at 30FPS. I'd like to see how things look in a real gameplay screen.

u know imo it looks a bit better then 2k5, and alot better then madden on xbox.

have you played madden 06 360? it is basically the game NFL 2k6 would have been. not sure why EA feels the need to degrade it's next-gen product in the manner that it has. hopefully 07 360 gets back into shape

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm still cautiously optimistic about madden 360.

Same here.

The running animations didn't look as stiff as they did last year, but they need to iron out the transitions and add some more weight to their steps.

Kittonwy

Banned
squicken said:
The God of War bit was actually pretty funny. Otherwise, bleh. Interviews with celebrities/athletes isn't my thing.

It was too distracting, I don't know why they keep having these acting bit, I don't care about the people at IGN, I just want to see the games. Games>people who cover them.

Mrbob said:
That video footage does look awesome.

HOWEVER....you can tell by the way things move it is going at 30FPS. I'd like to see how things look in a real gameplay screen.

60fps whores need to pick their battles and Madden really isn't worth putting you chips on.

Mrbob

meltpotato said:
60fps whores need to pick their battles and Madden really isn't worth putting you chips on.

I'm not a 60FPS whore, and Madden (the greatest franchise of all time this side of Ninja Gaiden) *is* worth the 60FPS fight.

Kittonwy

Banned
Mrbob said:
I'm not a 60FPS whore, and Madden (the greatest franchise of all time this side of Ninja Gaiden) *is* worth the 60FPS fight.

What more can one do with videogame football? I'm not sure how they can make it better, the graphics might be better, characters might tackle better, but it's still the same game over and over. When I got up to Madden 2005, I was simply burnt out, now I can't play videogame football anymore, I can't even watch real football anymore.

first

I'm not sure how they can make it better,

then you answer your question!

the graphics might be better, characters might tackle better

but it's still the same game over and over. When I got up to Madden 2005, I was simply burnt out, now I can't play videogame football anymore, I can't even watch real football anymore.

:lol wtf? that is probably top 20 most ridiculous things i've heard of here at gaf. you can't watch football anymore because of madden, or are you fed up with football in general? in either case there is something wrong with you. whether you like madden or not is moot, but to not want to watch real football anymore? hmmmm...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
That's it I'm buying Madden 07 for the PS3 this year. That video did it for me.

Zep

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
That's it I'm buying Madden 07 for the PS3 this year. That video did it for me.

Thats the 360 version.

Madden Event N.Y = Playable 360 version. WEllington went.

Kittonwy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
first

then you answer your question!

:lol wtf? that is probably top 20 most ridiculous things i've heard of here at gaf. you can't watch football anymore because of madden, or are you fed up with football in general? in either case there is something wrong with you. whether you like madden or not is moot, but to not want to watch real football anymore? hmmmm...

There IS something wrong with me, I'm burnt out on Madden and I'm burnt out on football too. And I don't know how to get back, I just don't know. T_T

There IS something wrong with me, I'm burnt out on Madden and I'm burnt out on football too. And I don't know how to get back, I just don't know. T_T

there is only one way friend....

1128521659.jpg

he will guide you through the valley of death to salvation....

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
there is only one way friend....

BrettFavreSB.jpg

he will guide you through the valley of death to salvation....

:p

squicken

Kittonwy said:
It was too distracting, I don't know why they keep having these acting bit, I don't care about the people at IGN, I just want to see the games. Games>people who cover them.

Generally, I agree with you. But for some reason I got quite the chuckle from the segment. IGN Insider has run the entire E3 demo of GoW with its Masterbit theater, so I didn't feel like I was being cheated out of gameplay footage.

I don't watch IGN weekly anymore because they talk too much about movies, celebrities and other boring crap. I want to see more videogame related stuff.

Top Bottom