• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's top 25 PSN games

SelfCon

Needs more PixelJunk.

On a side note, I'm happy to see mushroom wars on the list. I've never seen or heard anyone mention it. It's such a good game.

Gez said:
That list is missing

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game

Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
Section 8: Prejudice

Speaking of, am I the only one that found Scott Pilgrim incredibly difficult?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yoshiya said:
Flower, Wipeout HD and Lara Croft are too low. Flower for #1!

I'm a big fan of Flower but it doesn't deserve no. 1. It's very pretty and relaxing, but there are better games on the service. Wipeout HD and Joe Danger were the two PSN games that I felt truly rivaled, or even surpassed, most full priced games on the system.

Sew

Shatter is nicely done, but it's just another Breakout descendant with the wrong controls. There's only one correct way to control a paddle, and no one has done it since the 80s :-(

Love Shatter and Super Stardust.

Wipeout HD is at least a nice showcase for 1080p graphics.

Need to try Pacman DX again.

Don´t like Joe Danger. Collecting stuff is just not fun.

Felt Flower was a pointless game with annoying controls.

Battlefield 1943 and Lara Croft: GoL are brilliant, and needs to be higher on the list.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed looks more fun than it is to play.

Puzzle Quest is really a horrible horrible game. It disguises itself as good game quite well, but then turns out to be a repetitive, boring, grinding chore of a game, which takes forever to get anywhere, and the story is one the worst in any game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
black swordsman said:
Yes, I have one and will play them soon :)

You better. Maybe it depends on region, but you should have a free copy of Wipeout HD to download. Better get on it, son.

Pixeljunk Eden is the best Pixeljunk game; yes even better than the awesome Monsters. My bet is they weren't skilled enough to figure out how to fly around like a muthufucku.

boingball

I do not completely agree with the list but the list is not bad at all (especially considering that it is from IGN:)).

I got 19 of those games (yeah, I am buying to much).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
TekkenMaster said:
Pixeljunk Eden is the best Pixeljunk game; yes even better than the awesome Monsters. My bet is they weren't skilled enough to figure out how to fly around like a muthufucku.

This is what I've been saying. More importantly, Baiyon crafted a god-tier soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N794Lih2O-s&feature=related <- holy shit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgkODdJi6lk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOGSPwptPrg

one of the all time greatest VG soundtracks, no doubt

why is it I find the PSN so much less appealing than my Pad App store or XBLA for games. Its not even close to either in selection. I was hoping for so much more when I got the PS3.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
HenryGale said:
why is it I find the PSN so much less appealing than my Pad App store or XBLA for games. Its not even close to either in selection. I was hoping for so much more when I got the PS3.

have you tried playing any of the games?

kassatsu

Banned
Here is our list of PSN exclusives...

http://www.psnstores.com/2011/06/psnstores-top-25-psn-exclusives/

1. PixelJunk Shooter 2
  2. Critter Crunch
  3. Super Stardust HD
  4. Flower
  5. Wipeout HD
  6. Shatter
  7. Hoard
  8. PixelJunk Monsters
  9. SlamBolt Scrappers
  10. Gravity Crash
  11. Dead Nation
  12. Joe Danger
  13. Explodemon!
  14. Everyday Shooter
  15. echochrome
  16. PixelJunk Eden
  17. PixelJunk Shooter
  18. Mushroom Wars
  19. Beat Sketcher
  20. Fat Princess
  21. Spelunker HD
  22. Noby Noby Boy
  23. Tales From Space: About A Blob
  24. Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty
  25. Blue Toad Murder Files

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
11 out of 25 (from both OP's and kassatsu's list). Not bad. Though Flower should have won and one of my favorites, Linger in Shadows, is absent.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
kassatsu said:
Here is our list of PSN exclusives...

You've trumped IGN, but I have a hard time accepting Wipeout below Critter Crunch and Flower, even though I love both of those games. I would try to say the same about PJS2, but I haven't played it yet. I thought Shooter 1 was just 'okay'.

Also, Joe Danger at 12? Am I the only one who thinks that game is downright awesome? Seriosuly, it was probably in my top 3 of last year.

At least you listed Eden, though

Wipeout HD
Siren
Joe Danger
Shatter
Lara Croft Guardian of Light (I played PC version though)

that would be my top 5 easily. From Dust and Amy will probably replace some of these hopefully, I got high expectations here.

IrishNinja

added_time said:
3. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

This is one of my games of the generation. A true classic.

can't be said enough. lotta good titles on there, this is king for me.
sad to see everyday shooter not make it up there somewhere.

MrSerrels

Flower is one of my favourite games this generation. Not just PSN.

I have most of the games on that list, and I think Flower is easily number 1. Shatter just never really clicked with me at all.

But, yeah, subjective list. Most likely made by one dude, etc.

Adamm

Wow Shatter at number 1?

I downloaded it because it was free on PS+ a while back but have yet to play it. I take it that its good then?

The_Technomancer said:
I'm kind of surprised at how many multi-plats are on there. I think it would be more interesting without Puzzle Quest, PvZ, MvC2, Battlefield, Lara Croft, Mega Man 9, Tetris, Castle Crashers, Stacking and Peggle. (not counting Shatter cause it started out PSN exclusive)

Uhh... what does it change?

It is BEST PSN games not BEST exclusive PSN games. A multiplatform game can be better than an exclusive one, you know...

I have 6 of them and the list is a pretty good choice.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Spotless Mind said:
Top 25 PSN games.

Meh, it had gameplay. And it's awesome. Played it a dozen times or so. Usually play it every now and again late at night. Great game.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Wow, PixelJunk getting completely shafted. The Shooters unquestionably deserve to be high up on a list like this

Chuck

Still without luck
L6lww.png

IGN : "Posting top-ten lists since we realized fanboys gave a shit about our opinions."

5a4k6.png

The_Technomancer said:
I'm kind of surprised at how many multi-plats are on there.

It's nominally a best-games-on-the-service list, not a snuggle-up-tight-to-your-platform-exclusives-so-they-keep-you-warm-at-night list (or, as admittedly would be useful to me in particular, a you-already-had-a-360-for-a-long-ass-time-so-this-is-just-the-stuff-to-buy-now-that-you-got-a-PS3-with-that-GameStop-coupon list.)

kassatsu said:
[*] Shatter

Console exclusive? :p

Also, Quest for Booty stinks pretty bad so it's kind of sad if you have to make a best of anything list that includes it. :(

kassatsu

Banned
charlequin said:
Console exclusive? :p

Also, Quest for Booty stinks pretty bad so it's kind of sad if you have to make a best of anything list that includes it. :(
List says not on 360, Hoard is on steam too :p

I wanted it, R&C, off the list but other people on the site liked it =\

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
charlequin said:
It's nominally a best-games-on-the-service list, not a snuggle-up-tight-to-your-platform-exclusives-so-they-keep-you-warm-at-night list (or, as admittedly would be useful to me in particular, a you-already-had-a-360-for-a-long-ass-time-so-this-is-just-the-stuff-to-buy-now-that-you-got-a-PS3-with-that-GameStop-coupon list.)

that's alotta dashes

QFB isn't that bad, but it's a top 25 list so a few questionables are bound to show up. It's after Noby Noby, though, so at least it's not ranked above any games.

That being said, anyone who doesn't agree that Joe Danger is awesome shall be cast into the pits of heck.

Bowdz

Pretty great list IMO. Order will vary from person to person, but personally, Flower, Wipeout HD/Fury, and SSHD are my top three titles.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
No Siren or Trash Panic = fail.

I'd also shove LittleBigPlanet on there since it's on PSN and has a surprisingly friendly download size.

Trash Panic is one of the worst games on PSN. Horrible and annoying game.

Top Bottom