• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Illusory Revelations#FE (SMTxFE) - First Trailer, Winter 2015 [Up: Screenshots]

duckroll

Wow, the staff is kinda surprising. Mitsuru Hirata is the chief director and game designer, Eiji Ishida is the development director and chief battle designer. Both are Atlus game design vets, so the system design should be pretty great. Zero concerns about the battles being really fun. Apparently they're going to be introducing non-Atlus staff working on the game after this, so we'll find out who the outside collaborators are soon.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Wow, the staff is kinda surprising. Mitsuru Hirata is the chief director and game designer, Eiji Ishida is the development director and chief battle designer. Both are Atlus game design vets, so the system design should be pretty great. Zero concerns about the battles being really fun. Apparently they're going to be introducing non-Atlus staff working on the game after this, so we'll find out who the outside collaborators are soon.

good to know.
look forward for the IS staff.
Btw, I like those two screens.

GSR

Hirata directed Radiant Historia and was assistant director on SMT: Strange Journey, if folks want a JRPG point of reference.

I'm still kind of put off by the overall concept of the game, but it's good to hear they've got solid gameplay devs on the resume.

Hatchtag

Banned
I really hope they can get this out in the US within the first half of 2016. Since Zelda's been delayed and Splatoon and Smash are out, this is easily the Wii U game I'm most hyped about.

randomkid

Eiji Ishida directed Strange Journey and was the art director of Nocturne, this is my nightmare scenario :(((

casiopao

So this going to be Duckroll wet dream collaboration right?^_^

NEO0MJ

Hirata directed Radiant Historia and was assistant director on SMT: Strange Journey, if folks want a JRPG point of reference.

I'm still kind of put off by the overall concept of the game, but it's good to hear they've got solid gameplay devs on the resume.

Wow, that's solid. Hype up to 6.9

Gambit

Hype rising to infinity. Radiant Historia is serious predigree in my book.

I still hope we will one day get another protagonist half as interesting as Stocke.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Just like many love Igarashi, I believe u would love Radiata Historia developer making game with DeSu producer there.^_^

Did he even end up liking Radiant Historia? The game went largely unnoticed on GAF before it came out in English.

Edit:
What are you talking about? I've never even played Radiant Historia...

Oh, well that's that.

Anyway, that staffing arrangement makes me think the full Growlanser vet team at Atlus is might be working on this including Yoh Haduki who worked with Hirata on Radiant Historia instead of Devil Survivor 2. Eiji Ishida is a bit surprising, though it is a console game so I'm not going to complain about more talent, hopefully it's all for the best.

Kazer

Oh wow. I guess I'm officially excited for this game then!

Officially on this hype train. RH and Strange Journey are two of my favourite RPGs.

Dingens

I've been sold on the game from the second I got to hear that song. Glad to know that there are even more competent people behind it.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Ah, ok, so there's a fair amount of new foilage and rocks, a new bridge by the corner of the building, hanging paper lanterns to the right and alpha textures (am I using this right?) on the rock paths.

It's also easier to see strings on the clouds in the new image. It looks like a set?

Etria

Wow, reallly?! Radiant Historia is so, so good on many different levels. Stocke was an awesome silent protagonist as well.

Just like many love Igarashi, I believe u would love Radiata Historia developer making game with DeSu producer there.^_^

Colour me interested by the mention of the DeSu producer.

You made a thread for it and you couldn't even get the information right? The game has two directors. They're both significant. That's why there were two blog updates in one day.
Oops, sorry. Just made the thread based on what I heard on Twitter and the siliconera article. Forgot about the other director. Thanks for the mod edit.

Top Bottom