• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ilomilo - Get super secret access code right now

Shurs

Played the demo.

Seems okay.

I guess (again, based on the demo) I fail to see what people are finding so special about the game.

see5harp

Great music and style. Really like the menu selection on the main screen. I am currently going off on this theme like I'm Joanna Newsom.

taku

Game freezes sometimes. Oh well, still super fun. But dang, I was aaaalmost finished with that one long puzzle.

jedimike

Shurs said:
I guess (again, based on the demo) I fail to see what people are finding so special about the game.

It's a unique and challenging puzzle game. The presentation is fun and quirky and the puzzles really make you think outside the box. I haven't even finished the first world and I've already come across some head scratchers.

Everdred

Is it different from the Windows Phone version? Like different levels and stuff. I 100% completed that one and loved it. Can't get the trial at the moment.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Everdred said:
Is it different from the Windows Phone version? Like different levels and stuff. I 100% completed that one and loved it. Can't get the trial at the moment.
Yeah, lot more stuff including different cube types.

Rhindle

So I got to Stage 4, and the freezing is now chronic. Unless I manage to finish a level in 5 minutes or less, chances are the game locks up.

I'm going to stop playing until they patch this shit up. Much as I love the game, we shouldn't be paying full price to QA a product.

God, my girlfriend and I love the game.
Gotten to the middle of Chapter 3.

Only problem has been 3 hard locks/crashes so far, which is unfortunate.

Rhindle said:
So I got to Stage 4, and the freezing is now chronic. Unless I manage to finish a level in 5 minutes or less, chances are the game locks up.

I'm going to stop playing until they patch this shit up. Much as I love the game, we shouldn't be paying full price to QA a product.
The two times it froze for me was when I pressed the button to pick up a block, so it might be that it will freeze if you move blocks around a certain number of times. Just a guess since it has only happened on the longer levels where I've moved the blocks around a lot.

Nose Master

So, this isn't going to get a normal release? What's the story with that, just trying out something new?

Game is pretty great, btw. The yellow bonus level (w1) had me walking around in circles for like twenty minutes :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Really liked the demo, bought it like, even before the tutorial was finished :lol

rj118

I bought it, but I wish I would have come here and read the complaints first. I'm only at the first world and it's frozen twice on me. It's really fun and all but with problems like this I am not sure I want to attempt some of the longer levels later on in the game. At least they were the 800 promotional points so it's not like I'm losing anything.

Can't wait to see what other cameos there are in this game! The first one caught me by surprise.

AndyMoogle said:
The two times it froze for me was when I pressed the button to pick up a block, so it might be that it will freeze if you move blocks around a certain number of times. Just a guess since it has only happened on the longer levels where I've moved the blocks around a lot.

The locks almost always happened to me when I tried to do a move that was impossible (bit of a harsh way to punish stupidity, but there you go :lol ) but more irritatingly, if I tried to pick up an elevator block just before it had stopped moving (or just after it had started).

That said, the game was good enough to keep me coming back to it, and not just because I was reviewing it. It's a brilliant game, blighted by this one major problem. Hopefully they'll patch it before release.

Atomski

I am on the 3rd zone and have yet to see a single lockup. I was even stuck on a certain level forever with no problems.

Atomski

Wouldnt the game be hard as hell online. Not being able to see your friends screen the puzzles would seem impossible.

Hige

Gorgeous game, but the freezes are really frustrating. It doesn't freeze if you take your time and try not to make illegal moves or pick up moving blocks before the game prompts you to. But occasionally I'll forget to wait for blocks to stop moving or make an illegal move and it just freezes. :/

Feels like they didn't test the game for even 5 minutes. Also, the grammar could use some proofreading, there are some it's/its mistakes in a few spots.

Malio

It's cute enough I guess, but I didn't like how it was initially made to sound like you got the GAME (and not just the demo) due to the super secret code.

And M$ really whores it during the demo, and at the end when you exit the game. Soured the experience. No thanks.

Kafel

Banned
Malio said:
It's cute enough I guess, but I didn't like how it was initially made to sound like you got the GAME (and not just the demo) due to the super secret code.

And M$ really whores it during the demo, and at the end when you exit the game. Soured the experience. No thanks.

Microsoft seems to like the money, right ? Those greedy bastards tried to fool us with a link to a demo and then we find out we have to pay to get the complete game !

Damn you, M$ !

Oli

Mother, what are you doing in my ilomilo?

fdy8mr.jpg

I love this game so much. :3

MrDaravon

Hmm, I'm halfway through Chapter 3 and haven't had any freezes, and I've spent a long-ass time on some levels, as well as made some "impossible" moves. Must be lucky I guess.

SailorDaravon said:
Hmm, I'm halfway through Chapter 3 and haven't had any freezes, and I've spent a long-ass time on some levels, as well as made some "impossible" moves. Must be lucky I guess.

Same, I am already in chapter 4, spend a loooong time in some levels, made some dumb moves, and the maximum I got was being stuck in a floating cube cause I removed the cube was sustainting it. Not a single freeze.

Broman1978

"Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to announce that there will be a title update for ilomilo, with the main objective being to address the freezing issue. For most users this issue does not occur at all, but it is still naturally an unacceptable issue. We are working hard right now to fix the issue and are aiming to have the title update in place before the holidays.

Concerning the avatar awards not showing, the issue is that they are not compatible with the fall update of the Xbox360 Dashboard. These will be updated shortly and will then work for all users.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this is causing some users, but hope that you are able to enjoy the game despite these issues!

Best regards,
Fredrik Erlandsson
Studio Manager - Southend Interactive"
-

Btw...I love...no..I LOVE Ilomilo!!!
Great game!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Malio said:

As someone whos played the WP7 version that tells you of the demo, it very very clearly states its a demo. You're technically not supposed to be accessing it without owning the WP7 version, so dont bitch about it.

Heres what it says specifically on my phone -

AT&T subscribers and their friends have an exclusive opportunity to be one of the first to download ilomilo for the Xbox 360 console.

Visit the Xbox Live Web Marketplace, at wp7supersecretaccess.ilomilo.com to download a free trial of ilomilo to your Xbox 360

Zerokku said:
As someone whos played the WP7 version that tells you of the demo, it very very clearly states its a demo. You're technically not supposed to be accessing it without owning the WP7 version, so dont bitch about it.

Heres what it says specifically on my phone -

Yes it is a free trial. But the trial comes with the official offer to buy the game. If their intention was just to release the trial, the buy option inside the game could have been disable and/or a message could be displayed. Their clearly allow you to buy the game earlier, it is no mistake, but a marketing plot and a way to maintain the AT&T "exclusivity" until next year.

Alphahawk

So apparently MS is going to include this game in it's "Games for the holiday" promotion. The promotion consists of three games that all interconnect. The other games are Raskulls and World for Kefflings. The example given was that in World of Keflings you'll be able to build houses for the characters from Ilomilo and Raskulls as well as have said characters populate your world.

Linky

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Alphahawk said:
So apparently MS is going to include this game in it's "Games for the holiday" promotion. The promotion consists of three games that all interconnect. The other games are Raskulls and World for Kefflings. The example given was that in World of Keflings you'll be able to build houses for the characters from Ilomilo and Raskulls as well as have said characters populate your world.

Linky
Already have ilomilo, may as well get the other two. :lol

TheOddOne

Malio said:

What a stupid reason to discard a game.

Grisby

Playing this little gem right now and have reached chapter 2. How many chapters are there?

Oh, and Ilomilo shuffle is strangely addictive.

* :( had my first freeze as well on ch3

clav

Just finished the demo. I want to buy it, but I have a few questions.

1. When Sprint receives Windows Phone 7, will ilomilo for WP7 be free? I have to double dip if I own it for Xbox 360?

2. Does this game feature the sync capability as in does it do that patented Microsoft go anywhere feature that if I pause the game on my Xbox and shut it off, can I continue on my Windows Phone 7?

Thanks in advance.

Grisby

Still getting the freezing and I'm near the end. However, the developers apparently told another guy that by turning off the help bubbles in the options menu prevents it. I'm going to try it and see if it works, and also, their still releasing an update later.

^^^^To the guy above I don't know any details about Windows Phone7. Sorry bud.

Love this game, has anyone got any suggestions for me for other games that are puzzlers like this or even like lara croft guardian of light. Prefferably 2p as me and a mate love playing this sort of stuff together. Both 360 and ps3 suggestions are cool.

Thanks!

Top Bottom