• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm addicted to Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
I just rather do something fun like playing games and hanging out with friends etc. and only sleep for 5 hours a night. It's insane how much time you waste if you sleep for 8 hours every day, I just catch up on sleep on friday a bit and sleep for 10 hours.

No you don't. You can't "catch-up" on sleep.

R.I.P

It's like I can feel my teeth rotting away when drinking Red Bull. It's nasty.

This, I used to drink a LOT of energy drinks but I've been cutting down on that a lot this past year. Shit is just really bad for your teeth ( as are other carbonated drinks).

Kater

Banned
Red Bull tastes like Haribo sweets, I can't stand that stuff.
Try normal coffee instead, fits way better with tobacco.
Oh and hi, fellow Austria-GAFer! :)

If you drink enough of these you can actually cause yourself some serious health problems (including certain heart diseases). Drinking 12 in a day is just crazy.

This is not true, by the way. Taurine is almost exclusively made for commercial use through chemical reactions in a factory/lab.

Yeah now! I mean back in the day the guy would go to ox farms and would cut out the stomachs and put it in the drinks. Also the drinks where made for sweatshop workers so that they could do 18 hour shifts. Back in the day when red bull was invented they didn't have taurine factories in Thailand.

Kater

Banned
Yeah now! I mean back in the day the guy would go to ox farms and would cut out the stomachs and put it in the drinks. Also the drinks where made for sweatshop workers so that they could do 18 hour shifts. Back in the day when red bull was invented they didn't have taurine factories in Thailand.
Isn't taurine the stuff found in the testicles of an ox?

Cromat

I always thought it was disgusting. I can't stand the sight, smell or taste of it. There's an antibiotic that tastes exactly like Red Bull.

Duress

I personally can't stand the stuff. It's probably more unhealthy then regular soda; It's a just a guess. On top of that it's pricey.

I have friends who chug them down all the time. I guess only for the benefits of keeping themselves awake.

I would love to try Red Bull but it's so darn expensive at every store I go to. Also they are in small cans whenever I see it. I saw my friend drink one before and he nearly finished it in a few chugs. The price for it usually ranges from $3-$5 whenever I see it.

For now I'll be sticking with Monster and Rip It being my addiction.

railGUN

Banned
A girl I knew dropped dead at a party one night after drinking Red Bull and vodkas. I don't know if it was ever determined if the drinks contributed to her death, but she was only like 25.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
OP, you're a young chap seeking thrills via weed and red bull. This is fine, it's your life (if you don't mind being a walking cliche).

But just be mindful that the things you're doing now are certainly leading you down a ruinous path. By the time you're 25 I can guarantee you're going to wake up and really regret the things you are doing right now. You're doing practically everything you can to develop long-term depression, mood disorders and other health problems. I'd wager this thread is not really about Red Bull, but a cry for help.

dekline

Nicotine and caffeine is a fantastic legal stimulant + stimulant combo. Very addicting. I wish you the best op.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You are 18?

No wonder you think this is fine and think you actually catch up on sleep on Friday.

Wrong:
Mountain Dew - 4.5mg/oz
Red Bull - 9.5mg/oz

Not that it means anything, strong coffee has more than both.

Ok, technically you are right. I drink the 8 oz can of Red Bull or the more common way of drinking Mountain Dew is in a 20 oz bottle. Going by buying stuff at a gas station.

Raiden

Banned
I dont really like Red Bull, and i dont particulary like vodka. But i'll always have one vodka-red bull when i'm going out. Its like getting more drunk and more awake.

Shit gets nasty if you drink more than one though.

I'd advise you to quit drinking the stuff, OP. You're in for a shitty few days/week, but that first day you wake up and aren't in a total haze until you get Red Bull in your system, it's worth it. (There are quite a few health-related reasons to at least drastically reduce your intake, too.)

I understand a lot of people don't like energy drinks for obvious reasons but Red Bull I think is just a good tasting different drink to me. I actually enjoy the taste of Red Bull and it's cold ,slightly carbonated feel. And Red Bull is here to stay. There are plenty of alcoholic drinks that mix with Red Bull. You can't really say that about the other energy drinks.

Burt

When I was in high school, we had to do a senior project. The project didn't really have any outlines, you were supposed to use some initiative and research and design the project on your own for a presentation in front of a panel before you graduated.

I had a lazy, dumbass friend who hadn't completed his project about a week before it was due. So, he decided to do the effects of excessive Red Bull consumption on the body. He skipped breakfast and drank 12 Red Bulls between the time he woke up and about 10 a.m. in school. Got a little dizzy, a little nauseous, asked to go to the nurse's office. Didn't make it. Passed out in the hallway and woke up 36 hours later. He had almost died because (I think, don't totally remember) the amount of Red Bull he drank almost led to kidney failure. So, don't drink too much too quickly.

And if that isn't incentive enough for you to moderate, read up on the heart disease epidemic (and lawsuits) among young people who have been drinking things like 5 hour energy, Monster, and Red Bull on a daily basis for a few years.

Wag

TheDanger

IwwKjZL.gif

Wizman23

Banned
Well I feel better and am happier because of a lot of unhealthy things, like Red Bull, cigarettes, weed etc. Most of the time unhealthy food tastes way better than healthy food and so on. This makes my life more enjoyable, I'll gladly die at 70 for that. If I don't get fat I will always eat what I want.

If you keep these habits up being alive at 40 will be a miracle. Moderation is key.

Forbin5

Banned
I prefer binge drinking coffee.
The diet red bull is the worst tasting drink EVER!
Regular is tasty but I've never been a fan of energy drinks.

Red Bull is certainly my energy drink of choice, but uhh.... be careful there with how often you drink it, that stuff can cause real damage to some of your digestive organs with so much quantity and consistency. My sister knew a kid back in high school that used to drink several Mountain Dews a day (the 1 liter size however), one day he had leave class because he was in so much pain, later found out he had basically burned a hole in his bladder from all that crap.

I've never had Red Bull but I really like Monsters. I don't drink them nearly as much as I used to though.

Maybe I'll pick up a Red Bull this weekend. I have wanted to try one for a while.

I never really cared for them. I don't get any rush from drinking one either, I'm not sure why. I don't drink coffee or anything caffeinated either so I can't see it being a tolerance or anything.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I have a zero sugar one almost every morning. My coworkers tease me about it.

If you're concerned about tooth decay from the acidity, drink it with a straw and rinse with milk or water afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom