• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm looking for a peaceful flight sim for ps3

Tailzo

I remember importing Aero Dancing for Dreamcast, I liked that game. My dad asked me if I had any flight games for ps3. I know there are some flight combat ones, but I also know he would only like a peaceful flight sim game.

Any obscure ps3 import games I could get?

Afrikan

I'm a gamer who has been looking for my Pilotwings fix on the PS3 for a while now....
from LAIR (don't laugh please)....to a game like Flower.

but Just Cause 2 is the closest we are going to get buddy....and frankly imo, it looks BEAUTIFUL!

download the demo if you haven't tried it out yet.

Tailzo

^Thanks, but I have played Just Cause 2. And I don't think my dad would like it. I showed him flower and he said he liked the look of the grass. He didn't want to play it himself though.

Seems like they don't like Aero Dancing games anymore :(

Tailzo

Keyser Soze said:
Web Browser + Google Earth?
Does that work on ps3?

Bad_Boy said:
Train Simulator but no Flight simulator. Crazy, right?

Do you have the name of that game? I'dlike to see that. I remember a bus simulator on DC being tempting.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Tailzo said:
Does that work on ps3?

Do you have the name of that game? I'dlike to see that. I remember a bus simulator on DC being tempting.
Railfan. Pretty sure it has to be imported as there is no US/EU version.

Tailzo

OatmealMu said:
It's not a flight sim, but what about Flower? You do fly around the environment. And hell, my own dad likes it.
I've shown him flower. He liked the grass, but that's about it.

Afrikan

Tailzo said:
^Thanks, but I have played Just Cause 2. And I don't think my dad would like it. I showed him flower and he said he liked the look of the grass. He didn't want to play it himself though.

Seems like they don't like Aero Dancing games anymore :(

if it is because of the missions or the shooting....i'm sure you can get a 100% completion game save....and he can just fly around with the different air crafts with no interruptions. (I think)

but yeah, the game has some beautiful scenery that looks realistic in various times of the day.

JustCause2-1.jpg

here is video of someone landing a huge plane at night....and a take off during the morning with a passenger jet....poor man's Microsoft Flight Simulator :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V1J7upNpWs&feature=related

I wish there was some type of flight sim released on the PSN...

edit- another vid... night flying during lightning storm

Tailzo

OatmealMu said:
Aquanauts' Holiday maybe? Again, it's not a flight sim. You pilot a submarine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej-kjuz6M5U&feature=related
We have it, and my wife loves it. My dad really liked flight sim games for some reason though. And racing sims, but only with proper steering wheels.

Afrikan said:
if it is because of the missions or the shooting....i'm sure you can get a 100% completion game save....and he can just fly around with the different air crafts with no interruptions. (I think)

but yeah, the game has some beautiful scenery that looks realistic in various times of the day.

JustCause2-1.jpg

here is video of someone landing a huge plane at night....and a take off during the morning with a passenger jet....poor man's Microsoft Flight Simulator :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V1J7upNpWs&feature=related

I wish there was some type of flight sim released on the PSN...

edit- another vid... night flying during lightning storm

With 100% completion... Will noone shoot after you, and can you disable your own weapons? I finished the main story, but quit playing after that.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Has any recent console truly gotten a title you can legitimately call a flight sim other than IL-2 Sturmovik?

Tailzo

Afrikan said:
I'm a gamer who has been looking for my Pilotwings fix on the PS3 for a while now....
from LAIR (don't laugh please)....to a game like Flower.

but Just Cause 2 is the closest we are going to get buddy....and frankly imo, it looks BEAUTIFUL!

download the demo if you haven't tried it out yet.
I just thought about it. I have always assumed dad wants to play a flight sim on my ps3 / 60" plasma. But, maybe he's actually enjoy pilotwings for 3ds, despite the small screens?

Or Maybe I should set up a pc on the TV, and connect a 360 pad to it.

What are the best peaceful pc flight sims?

vazel

Banned
Can't say there are any this gen of consoles. But if your PS3 is bc Sky Odyssey is exactly what you're looking for.

glaurung

Maybe it was posted already, but I believe that Sturmovik had some manner of free flight mode or similar.

I cannot be a hundred percent sure though, I haven't popped the disc in for a while now.

It does have combat, but if your dad is a history buff as well, he may like IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey on PS3. I think it even supports USB joysticks, so you aren't stuck with a Dualshock. And it was only 20 bucks at Walmart, which isn't so bad.

Tailzo

Clemsontigers35 said:
It does have combat, but if your dad is a history buff as well, he may like IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey on PS3. I think it even supports USB joysticks, so you aren't stuck with a Dualshock. And it was only 20 bucks at Walmart, which isn't so bad.
If it has any free flight mode, without shooting, he might like it.

Just Cause 2's planes and jets are basically Pilotwings. You can go crazy with them or just sit back and enjoy a leisurely flight. Not to mention how goddamned high you can fly up.

Tell your dad to give it another shot. If he really doesn't like the other stuff, play those parts. Shoot shit and find your way to a plane, then pass him the controller.

Make a room in Warhawk, lock it, then fly around unmolested. Invent your own flying routes through the arches and islands in Archipelago and see how fast you can complete your makeshift courses.

I dunno.

XiaNaphryz said:
Has any recent console truly gotten a title you can legitimately call a flight sim other than IL-2 Sturmovik?

Over G Fighters on the 360.

As for civilian flight sims, there's nothing on current consoles. Nothing.

Atomski said:
MS announced one in the works some time last year. Havent heard a peep since though.

They released some new screens a few weeks ago.

Tailzo, PC is your best option, really.

androvsky

jump_button said:
give flower a try may bit be fully what you looking for but it is peaceful and you flighting

He's only turned it down three times so far in this thread, what's one more? :p

maxmars

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
As for civilian flight sims, there's nothing on current consoles. Nothing.

There's the airplane game in Wii Sport Resort. And if you count 3ds as a current console, Pilotwings Resort.

Being a sport pilot myself I really feel the pain, wish there was more of this stuff.

Tailzo

maxmars said:
There's the airplane game in Wii Sport Resort. And if you count 3ds as a current console, Pilotwings Resort.

Being a sport pilot myself I really feel the pain, wish there was more of this stuff.
Alright, I'll hear with my dad if he would cope with the small screens.

sadaiyappan

There are none. I think. There is that X-Plane freeware software for the PC. Flight sim is boring unless you are actually a pilot.

But it's a big part of PC gaming history. I believe MS Flight Simulator was the first 3D game? I remember playing sopwith camel 2D air combat game on my 386 back in the day.

maxmars

Sadaiyappan said:
There are none. I think. There is that X-Plane freeware software for the PC. Flight sim is boring unless you are actually a pilot.

X-Plane is not freeware, although it has a demo version. And no, flight sim is not necessarily boring for non pilots, but of course it helps to be an aviation enthusiast.

People who find flight sims boring probably haven't delved into them at all. Have you ever joined a virtual airline?

Sadaiyappan said:
But it's a big part of PC gaming history. I believe MS Flight Simulator was the first 3D game? I remember playing sopwith camel 2D air combat game on my 386 back in the day.

It started its life as subLOGIC FS, for Apple machines and later C= 64 (which was the first version I've played) & others.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It's not a pure flight game, I don't think, but Landit Bandit might be worth a look?

edit - the aesthetic is not exactly 'sim-ish' either :) In that respect I'm not sure there's really anything available...

maxmars said:

Those are not sims, though.

Top Bottom