• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm playing on easy

Puscifer

Please people, stop saying you don't have Time. That's the shittiest excuse I've ever heard, everybody is fucking using it to justify not going to the gym, not reading etc.. you do have time,stop lying to yourself, it's just not a priority for you.
And you do realize that you can play the same game for months before completing it, right? What does it have to do with difficulty?
Who cares this much on both spectrums? It's a video game, something you do for relaxation. I don't expect everyone to do a Dante Must Die and Heaven or Hell run for DMC 5 I do it because I like the combat and it's fun, most don't even play that much to unlock either difficulty.

Play how you want, it really doesn't matter.

RyRy93

If a game’s combat is fun and rewarding on hard then fair enough but if it isn’t and the game is being carried by other elements I don’t want to devote dozens of hours to master a shitty combat system and overcome game design issues that become more prominent on higher difficulties.

Last edited:
I find the less time I have, the more I am playing games on easy first to experience it and then skipping normal difficulty and going straight to hard for a second play through. Doesn't matter if it takes a while to beat then.

Lunarorbit

Fuck it. There's so many games coming out that are buggy that sometimes playing easy is like playing on normal.

To each their own. Some people like trophies/achievements and others could care less. I'm a little neurotic with trophies sometimes but it depends on the game and how I'm feeling.

Kerotan

Just ploughed through Ghostbusters remaster on easy in like 5 hours.

Platinumed horizon forbidden West/burning shores on easy.

Far cry 3 platinum on easy.

Kena bridge of spirits on easy.

Tchia on easy.

Death standing and crisis remastered on easy.

I'm over 30 and that's this year alone. If I don't play them on easy I'll never clear my backlog.

I did platinumed GOW on normal and platinumed sackboy which is ultra hard.

Sniper elite V2 remastered plat which requires elite difficulty.

And my next game shadow of the tomb raider will be on easy.

I'm playing crimson lobbies on mw2 and grand master's on destiny 2 so I'm still doing hard stuff but sacrifices have to be made.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
You know what fuck everybody's opinion (mine included), just play however you want to play be it easy or even cheating (as long as it is not an MP game).The importance is the enjoyment you'll have with the game be it on easy for fun or hard for the challenge.
Some people watch their movies x2 speed, and it is not a problem just like some people will play the latest zelda like a construction game while other will rush it.
There's no shame playing games on easy or cheating or with a walkthrough just enjoy it.

Chronicle

I usually play on normal but have bumped up the difficulty if I'm really jiving with it but I'll knock'er back to easy if it's a slog.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I’ll play on whatever mode I want. Only a mental defective would think playing a video game on a harder mode equates to some sort of accomplishment.

Last edited:
I started the last of us part 2 on easy because I wanted to burn through it. Didn't work 😆. There's nothing wrong with easy mode though.

MagnesD3

Do whatever you think is more fun for you. I always do normal, I want to actually experience the game as intended but if you don't care about that just do whatever you want to. Remember just don't go critiquing how easy it is tho lol.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
There's nothing wrong with playing on easy, but certain genres it feels boring I guess. Like if you've played dozens of sRPGs or are playing a turn-based RPG or in general games that are turn-based and require you to think, usually putting them on easy means you never have to use any power/abilities you earn and can just standard attack through every fight - and if you do use powers it's just you wiping the map left and right. So yeah, sometimes easy shifts the bar a bit too far for my liking.

phant0m

Entirely depends on the game for me. I almost always start on normal/default. If the game require "grind" in order to level up/progress I have no problem knocking it down to easy. If the game's difficulty does not add to my enjoyment I have no problem knocking down to easy.

Conversely, I love when games have good higher difficulties as well, beyond the "enemies take longer to kill and do more damage". The Metro games do this well, I love playing on Ranger. Enemies are far more lethal to you, you are more lethal to them, and resources are scarce. Good stuff. Hitman's higher difficulty levels are good too.

Roni

Gold Member
Then instead of beating the game in 2 weeks, beat it in 2 months. Its how I always used to do when I could only game on weekends, and not every weekend at that.

Are you playing games just to finish them, like an assignment, or to enjoy them? If you are putting it in easy just to blast through them faster, and not because you are enjoying them more than if they were on their regular difficulty, you are doing it wrong(in my opinion)
That's a shitty option if you're looking to clear a backlog.

That grown up enough, mod? Or am I hurting one of your friends' feelings? Didn't know we had special members whose opinions couldn't be knocked down a peg. I'm sure the quoted user and I are more than capable of hashing it out in the open if there's a disagreement.

Last edited:

Duchess

Generally, I play on Normal. But I like having the option to adjust the difficulty on the fly.

I recently played Chained Echoes (absolutely brilliant game - get stuck in if you love 16 bit RPGs), and there are some real random difficulty spikes in there, some almost turning into progression blockers. It's great to be able to turn down the difficulty for that one bit, and then push it back up.

TrebleShot

At the end of the day, not many people remember what difficulty they finished a SP game on, they just remember what happened and what the experience was like.

PanzerCute

Playing games with no challenge and without the need of learning the mechanics is boring AF to me, but to each their own, and no one can tell others how they are supposed to have fun.

Only thing I hate is when people want games designed to be challenging to become easy or ti add an easy mode. It is as stupid as asking for an horror movie to not be scary and/or gore.

HelpYouFall

Man I just can't wait to see some of the literal gods in this thread go to work against Daigo at EVO this summer :messenger_heart:

For real though OP: Play the want you want. It's fine.

Yes I play most games on Easy to save time, games I've been waiting a long time for I'll play on Normal. Still make time for games like Elden Ring and Dark Souls.

I don't think there's anything wrong with playing on Easy at all. I blasted through RE4 Remake on Easy and found that the length was just enough for me.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’ve found that playing on easy on games is more fun. You get that overpowered feeling sooner, and can complete games faster.

I don’t do this for every game. Just most, as I feel most games aren’t worth playing more than once, or for a long period of time.

You are just bad...

Game nowadays take way less time to finish even on normal difficult, but you are entitled to your own fun It doesn't matter if you are a old boomer just have keep playing.

Top Bottom