• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

games that you might be interested in but didn't play due to one reason or another.

is there any games you are interested in but never play for whatever reason? mine is the friend games like Lethal Company, Among Us etc. games that's only fun if you play with friends. I do have friends who play games but their free time to play is a lot more limited than me and none of them are interested in these types of games, so I never play them.

also, most modern fighting games too. my reaction time was never good and I simply can't pull off any combos, so I just keep myself away from them.

Quasicat

Destiny and Destiny 2.

I have a couple of friends that are really into Destiny to where they buy all of the packs and play almost every evening. I tried the beta of the first one way back when and didn’t get into it. They tell me it’s totally different and I should get in with them, but I just can’t be bothered.😕

Guilty_AI

>Games that are too expensive for what they offer
>Games exclusive to a platform other than PC
>Always online games
>GAAS that ask you to turn them into a second unremunerated job and inspire you to keep sinking money onto them.
>Games with confusing DLC schemes.

MayauMiao

Mobile phone games. Every time i boot up after a week of not playing, had to download entire gigs worth of data updates.

And touch screen controls sucks.

Robb

Gold Member
Half-Life Alyx, I’ve only played a bit of it at a friend. But as I have no interest in owning a VR set myself I’ll never play it from start to finish (at least not the intended/VR way).

RTS games in general. I enjoy those a lot, but I can’t really stand them on console and I don’t have, nor want, a PC setup currently.

Most GAAS/F2P stuff that are designed to keep you “engaged” and are riddled with MTX. I’d probably play a lot of them, or at least try them out, if they just released as feature complete games from day one.

There’s probably more, but that’s from the top of my head.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Basically anything VR makes me incredibly motion sick, but there are tons of games I would love to experience. Most recently, I bought Assassin's Creed Nexus and ended up puking several times before giving up.

simpatico

Radiant Silvergun - Sega Saturn

Reason: It costs $230. It's getting harder and harder not to buy it. I can't hang on for too much longer guys.

Reason: It costs $230. It's getting harder and harder not to buy it. I can't hang on for too much longer guys.

was this ever on an arcade? I feel like I might had played it on arcade before but I can't say for sure.

Destiny and Destiny 2.

I have a couple of friends that are really into Destiny to where they buy all of the packs and play almost every evening. I tried the beta of the first one way back when and didn’t get into it. They tell me it’s totally different and I should get in with them, but I just can’t be bothered.😕

yeah, sadly even thou I'm a pretty big fan of the game and play it almost everyday, there are just so many things about it now a days that I honestly can't recommand it to new players unless they're really willing to put in the time and money. it's still a good game, but it's definitely not new player friendly.

Last edited:
i am sadly of the opinion that the game should let me be in control, so every game that does not follow this rule i will bounce off very quickly.
further more i dislike Competitive games, Modern crafting games, Modern survivor games, modern open world games which doesn't respect my time.
I really enjoy souls games but the challenge that they provide and tension is quite frankly a bit to much for me these days.
But they are the closest to the games i enjoy, i just wish there were other games like those but with less focus on punishing off timed reactions as my reaction is not what it has been after many years of aging.

Gambit2483

Baldurs Gate 3.

I want it physically but I'm having trouble convincing myself to spend $90 just order it off Larian's site.

ReBurn

Gold Member

That's nuts. You can play it for 20 bucks on Switch. Makes me glad I got a copy for Saturn before it was this high.

Kind of related but I bought a copy from Etsy because I couldn't find mine after a move and was itching to play it. Turns out it was a very clever fake. When I asked the seller about it they tried to sell me a Pseudo Saturn Kai cart so that I could play it. Luckily I found my disc later.

Wild Arms 1 and 2. Love desert-y settings, and the second game has a blue mage type character (Blue Mages by default are an easy "love at first sight" for me) Had everything to be one of my favorites.
But I despise the font... So never played either, beyond 2 minutes.

images

Laptop1991

Balder's Gate 3, even though it's a really good game, i went off the isometric view in 95 with the 1st game and have never played a game like that ever since, it's why i hardly new Fallout until Bethesda bought them and released Fallout 3 and New Vegas,

Elden Ring, looks a really good game but i don't like that type of combat, i find it irritating and tedious lol, had to beat a Dragon and bosses in a Valhalla dlc, doing the same moves and timing bored me. i'm not a souls fan but they are still good games for those that like the combat.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

I can't give good explanation because I really enjoy these type of games, I can only say I simply missed out. I hoping when we have less busy month, I get these games and play them.

peek

Neo Member
Destiny 2 and maybe a few other huge liver service games. In destiny 2s case, I wanted to get into but honestly its so daunting with how many expansions are out there. The barrier to entry is just too much for me. Rather just buy a simple game and be done with it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I bought It Takes Two when I was in a relationship, but then, well, that ended. So it's been unplayed.

You can buy it on Switch, on PC, or even on Xbox. As great as the Saturn game is, there is no reason to spend that money unless you want that version.

It's even on sale on Steam at the moment.

was this ever on an arcade? I feel like I might had played it on arcade before but I can't say for sure.

Yes, it was a Titan game before it got ported to Saturn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom