• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone here who doesn't follow or have any interest in streamers?

Killjoy-NL

None. I somewhat followed asmon briefly for the lulz and the man’s life is still pretty fascinating but I don’t have the time or energy to keep up with the drama.
This.

I like Asmongold. Not always agree with what he says, but he always manages to come up with reasonable arguments.
And his WoW reactions and transmog competitions are fun.

But while I do follow his channel, I only watch his videos when I'm bored and they happen to show up in my recommended videos.

But tbh, I don't really care for any streamer really. They don't benefit my life in any way.

GAF is mostly members of a generation who won't follow streamers

Ask people in their teens and 20's if they follow any streamers for different answers

odhiex

I only watched gameplay footage (pre-recorded) from various streamers on YouTube. I haven't watched their live streams, for more than 10 minutes. It's just too boring (without the edits).

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Some of the best times is watching a streamer play a game you have played and getting their reaction.
Or they'll play a game you kinda don't care to play yourself but wouldn't mind seeing it.
There's lots of fun to be had, and definitely shouldn't be a replacement to playing games on your own time.
Its when you're in a gaming mood, but not actually in the mood to game.

Last edited:
Streamers are a great source to use during the slow parts of Gaming culture. When it's difficult to get Graphics Cards, or the consoles are being scalped, it makes sense to turn to professionals who can provide that difficult source.

I watched Streamers playing new games on a 4090, and have only just now bought an Corsair Vengeance I8200 and Samsung OLED G9 monitor. Now all those games I watched are on sale ready to play.

If you want to beat the market this is ideal!

NeonDelta

Watched a couple of streams during lockdown in 2020 Mainly Mario maker 2 ones where they complete extremely hard courses

Have no interest in the culture and try and ignore all the threads talking about the drama some of them get up to. Couldn’t care less. I don’t get the hype for things like prime etc and as others have said why not just play the games yourself

I never ever, ever understood the appeal of watching someone else playing games. It's stupid as fuck. Unless you are in a underdeveloped country and have no way to enjoy games yourself, I don't get it.

Watching someone else play videogames is for nine year olds who go to their friends house and their friend wont share the controller during a single player game

I'll watch the odd clip here n there for Say Asmongold, Sumit1G and Charlie but that's about it.

As for sitting in a stream chat. Yeah fuck that.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Never followed or watched a streamer in my life, makes sense why you would watch someone play a game when you could just play it

I watch Cohhcarnage and Lirik whenever they stream a game I'm interested in, but don't want to really invest time into actually playing it myself (if that makes sense). :p

Moses85

Time Reaction GIF by 60 Second Docs

I spend my time in playing Games.

cireza

Never watched a single stream in my life. Time is precious. I'd rather play than look at someone playing.

Last edited:

Markio128

I sometimes watch VR related streams, and that’s only because there is such a lack of info/previews/reviews provided by the mainstream websites. It’s purely to see if a particular game looks any good or not, and not any fascination with watching somebody play for the sake of it.

Lunarorbit

My coworkers show me videos all the time or namedrop YouTubers and I have no idea. Why too many people out there for me to care.

I'll watch gaming/business history videos nowadays. Avgn was the only thing I used to watch with regularity but that's evergreen content.

I listen to 2 gaming podcasts but that's it

Nah, I barely have enough time to play games, let alone watch some other cunt play them.

I do watch AJS occasionally though for reviews and some other review channels but no streamers.

Hudo

None. I rather play games myself than watch someone else play them. I am probably too old to be able to understand the appeal behind that.

Sakura

I don't watch streamers but I do watch youtubers at times. Or do people consider these the same thing now?

Tams

At most I'll watch some e'Sports', as they are a showcase of skill, but even that gets boring quickly too.

I did use to watch some of the OfflineTV lot and streamers associated with them, but only for the social interaction (so rarely their gaming stuff).

I'd never pay for any of it.

Danknugz

can't really even play most games these days, cantnlmagine actislly dedicating part of my life to at down and watch someone else play them. the idea disturbs me and is just another reason to be concerned about todays youth. things like this make sense when you see the suicide rate amongst youth has skyrocketed. kids don't understand how to value life itself anymore.

buenoblue

I watch Jeff Gerstmann on YouTube when he tries games out sometimes but that probably doesn't count.
I watch Jeff play old games to fall asleep to that's about it. Oh I do drop in and out of Apparently Jack playing Rocket league ,if I get the itch to get back into rocket league

Del_X

Nearly all are insufferable attention-seeking overgrown children obsessed with drama. There's guys like fextralife that actually make guides and stuff and cut through a lot of bullshit so they're cool.

Last edited:

Fbh

Never cared and never seen the appeal. I'd rather just play games.
If I'm going to watch something I'd rather watch a movie/tv show/documentary/Stand up show, etc

can't really even play most games these days, cantnlmagine actislly dedicating part of my life to at down and watch someone else play them. the idea disturbs me and is just another reason to be concerned about todays youth. things like this make sense when you see the suicide rate amongst youth has skyrocketed. kids don't understand how to value life itself anymore.

In theory it's not that different from people watching sports.
The problem is that many of these guys are online for countless hours and there's basically at least someone of some notoriety streaming something at all times. It's as if your favorite sports team had a 10 hours game every day and you wanted to watch it all.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Streamers are for people who can't or don't know how to enjoy games on their own. Simple as that.

Omg hot take 🔥

Well. Technically I'm watching one streamer.
Some clips from Asmongold regarding certain topics on YT

But it's sparse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom