• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm SICK AND TIRED of everyone accusing everyone of trolling in the Gaming Forum

mj1108

civilstrife said:
You're right. Its strict as hell... In any Sony related thread.

You cannot say this is a strict forum when whole Nintendo Trolling threads are created by MODS.

We have a winner.

miyuru

:lol so after sleeping on it and looking at that Wi-Fi thread, I totally took whoever's post the wrong way and called him on trolling, my bad.

Of course, I don't think my post killed the thread either.

Hm but yeah in general I agree with the OP of this thread. But I mean, there are a lot of real trolls who do get called. I don't know if calling them on it is worth it though, it'd probably just be smarter to try and ignore them. They just want attention.

civilstrife said:
You're right. Its strict as hell... In any Sony related thread.

You cannot say this is a strict forum when whole Nintendo Trolling threads are created by MODS.

Drinky's threads have nothing to do with this, but since I'm not trying to hide behind my index finger I have to agree that many people rightfully complain about these kind of threads. Drinky's threads though, imo, belong in a totally different category. The joke threads one. On the other hand I'm talking about totally legit threads that are getting screwed because of some morons and their holy quest against the supposed trolls.

Jeff-DSA

miyuru said:
:lol so after sleeping on it and looking at that Wi-Fi thread, I totally took whoever's post the wrong way and called him on trolling, my bad.

Hm but yeah in general I agree with the OP of this thread. But I mean, there are a lot of real trolls who do get called. I don't know if calling them on it is worth it though, it'd probably just be smarter to try and ignore them. They just want attention.

*ding ding ding*

We have a winner! As a winner, you are entitled to the GRAND PRIZE: a BRAND NEW AVATAR!!!!

Feel free to make the avatar change any time you wish.

miyuru said:

Your post was just the pretense to write this thread. There have been much MUCH worse situations than just a single post. The last few days I've seen people categorizing and insulting EVERY person in a thread that had a negative comment about a game (if you're suspecting for whom I'm talking about you're probably right), I've seen entire threads getting completely derailed and turning into discussion about trolling (at least 2-3 times) and many many other ridiculous accusations by some members. And I'm not even checking GAF that frequently...

Yeah, pretty much. People see a differing opinion and start screeching troll, and I mean informed opinion and not MAF-like blatant trolling.

Learn to use the Ignore List ya damned crybabies! It makes reading this site much more enjoyable. Now all we need is subject filtering. :D

human5892

Queen of Denmark
hate.JPG

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Lord these bitch and moan threads are hilarious..... The forum is what it is... the mods are what they are... in terms of spending time here you either roll with the punches or you move on to a forum that is more suitable to your tastes.... that's always how its been and pretty much probably how it will always be.

miyuru

DarienA said:
Lord these bitch and moan threads are hilarious..... The forum is what it is... the mods are what they are... in terms of spending time here you either roll with the punches or you move on to a forum that is more suitable to your tastes.... that's always how its been and pretty much probably how it will always be.

I totally agree, but at the same time it doesn't hurt every *once* in a while to remind people of what they may be doing, because a lot of the time, they probably don't realise how often they'll jump to call someone a troll when really they're not, which really I think is the bigger issue.

Top Bottom