• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm sick as a dog

What's the best food to eat when you are sick? Chicken noodle soup?
I drink fucktons of orange juice to the point where I feel bloated, day after day until better. Works everytime.

Edit: I buy as organic as I can, only when sick though. I wouldn't normally, but while sick, I needs me the most nutrients and vitamins my normal unhealthy ass never gets.

Last edited:

Amory

This. I actually have this thing where I get really sick every morning when I wake up, like my whole body shakes and I'm really pale and I feel like I'm going to die and then I have my morning whiskey and things sort of even out

This. I actually have this thing where I get really sick every morning when I wake up, like my whole body shakes and I'm really pale and I feel like I'm going to die and then I have my morning whiskey and things sort of even out

zhwyENf.gif

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
What's the best food to eat when you are sick? Chicken noodle soup?

Hot and sour soup from a Chinese place, or some egg drop soup. Those are my goto's when I feel like crap.

Which, coincidentally, I am feeling horrible right alongside you. I think I'll run out for some soup now as well.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Get some nice good rest and some oranges will give u some good vitamin C.

i'm bored so heres one of my smoothie recipes:

At least 4 tablespoons of freshly ground flax seeds
At least 4, 5 or 6 oz of walnuts
2 egg yolks
1 tablet of Vitamin B12
4 tablets of Vitamin D 1000 IU
10 oz kale
18 to 24 oz of orange juice
8 oz of water
8 to 12 oz of frozen organic strawberries
4 to 5 bananas

blend it a couple of times until its nice and smoothe. let it sit in the fridge for an hour and then blend it again a couple of times like couple of minutes each time.

has a lot of good fats and vitamic c and nutrients and I usually drink half of it with some white rice, a burger and some pieces of bread. its not hard to digest.

turn on netflix, lay back and chow down. usually calms me down and relaxes me and I go to sleep usually.

cr0w

Old Member
Here's what you need to do:

Mix up a Hot Toddy, damn near boiling hot. Pound it.

When your throat and mouth are done steaming and blisters have begun to form, repeat.

Do this until your symptoms have subsided.

Kev Kev

i'm just getting over a sinus infection (at least i'm sure it sinus something, infection im assuming but i dunno) i was blowing neon yellow out of my nose! never seen it that color before. has me kind of worried to be honest. i've felt much better for days but the sinus congestion is still a bit there. i did a couple neti-pots and feel a little better this morning.

thankfully i didnt catch a chest thing bc im not coughing at all. thats almost the worst part about getting sick, that 2-3 weeks of chest congestion and coughing even after you feel better. so yesah, i guess it's not all bad 🤷‍♂️

GymWolf

I hate eating where i'm sick, especially if it is something nose\throat related because i can't feel any taste at all...

You can give me chocolate shaped dog shit and my reaction will be this
tumblr_mk4z0rzAIy1qfiqz6o8_250.gifv

I hear yah, OP. Today was actually the first day I felt 99-100% in the last 11 days or so. One day it was the chills, the next the flu, the next it was stomach and the shits, sore throat, cough, etc. Awful and I don't get sick often and unfortunately, have to come to work in a labor extensive job so my body never quite rested. Soup, tea, water, Gatorade, NyQuil (day and night. Kicked my ass). But rest and sleep is key if you can.

Top Bottom