• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm tired

pramod

Banned
Sounds like maybe you are just bored of life? It does sound like you have already accomplished what most average people would consider a "successful" life.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Sounds like maybe you are just bored of life? It does sound like you have already accomplished what most average people would consider a "successful" life.
This is a good point. I. Would consider myself to be pretty successful but over the last few years with the pandemic etc. I have kind of just “checked out”

I put enough effort in my job to keep getting raises and bonuses but I’m not super passionate about it anymore. I look after my family as best I can and spend a lot of time trying to make them happy (although they never really seem too happy 😂)

I think a lot of people vastly underestimate what lockdowns have done to our psyche.

The mass shootings are terrifying and I am glad I don’t live in the US. Dunblayne happened in the UK and that was enough to bring down hard gun laws, I wish you guys would do the same but you won’t. It will happen again multiple times this year and we will all pretend to be shocked.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I know I've become numb to pretty much everything. Can't remember the last time I was happy

50 Cent Fiddy GIF

reezoo

I don't want to burden anyone with a phone call, so I'm just gonna drop this here. Apologies in advance.

I'm at the end of it. I can't take the ugliness of humanity anymore.

But of course, I have to take it, because I'm a father of a teenage girl, and I have to be here for her. And live with the guilt I feel for having brought her into this fucking cesspool of a world, nation, culture.

And I'll live my day to day, to day, wondering if this will be the day when shit of the world finally lands on me, or my kid. Hold on to the job, the paycheck, the toys, what's left of the sanity, the facade of being a strong protector, when truly I'm ultimately fucking powerless to do anything about anything.

Watch people be horrible to each other, watch a show, watch a movie, watch GAF, watch my spending, watch the stock market, watch my retirement fund, watch my years peel off the calendar as I watch the thinning ice I skate upon and pray to fucking god it doesn't collapse before I reach the other side.

We are capable of so much, and instead we opt for ... this fucking bullshit.

I'm so goddamned tired.
You should realize that most of the people here and around you feel the same. Everyone goes through struggle in there life not matter what there situation is around family life, monetory situation or some other aspect. I have friends who are not married, earns shit ton of money and still miserable and calls me for hours to share how miserable they feel. I myself married with kids, okayish financially and thinks those single guys must be having time of there life with being single and pockets full but turns out thats not the case. Even in office, I use to think that guys 2/3 level above me must be having a blast. I am now at that level and nature of issues have changed but they are still there.

I think main issue is that we think we can get into situation where everything will be rainbow and sunshine but there is no such thing. Ups and downs are part of life no matter what your situation is. Being from lower class of thrid world country I have seen virtually everyone stressed out about something. Some struggle to arrange there next glass of drinking water some stressed out about there social status in the group.

Live your life, go thorught what it throws at you, you will come out fine at the other end. Came to know about a book recently that might help you
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K59YCNW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
If you already have kids, a house paid off, enough retirement funds, i can see how someone can become "tired" of living. I think you need a constant goal or passion in life.

Duck you 🤬

Joking

Actually my wife some times start with: what gonna be of our son with the climate change, the pollution, cultural issues…. Etc

And I’m like: wait, life is getting easier each year …. Some diseases don’t ever exists…. So much advance in all areas… people now are more worried if is she he her him what when uh?

I wish I could be born now 😭😅

Mr1999

I'm kind of in the same boat but I know things are going to get better for us, I hope.... So I met my wife about 7 years ago, she moved from the east coast to the west so she could live with me. At the time I was still living with mom in my 30s, so I knew it was going to be hard but we did it anyways. Rented a place and have been living there since.

Living in the city for both of us has been unbearable. Things are getting worse, too many corners are being cut with regards to everything, employment, society, just a lower quality of life in general. The bar has obviously been lowered.

Luckily both of us were employed throughout the pandemic, and we now have a 2 year old and are seriously starting to think about his future and sadly it doesn't look all too good, so we have to make the best of it. Right now we are fortunate because my in laws are going to help us by giving us land to build our house on, and we will be out of here by March 2023. You would think moving away from a place I've called home for 40 years would be a shock to anybody, but at this point there is nothing left for me here. This is not the place I grew up in. Place is a dump and you already know which state im talking about when I say this.

My mom passed away in 2019 and I have very little family left here. She was the only person keeping me from moving away from here, and now shes gone. The best advice I could give to anyone is to think about your family first, save all you can and start making plans if you havent already because its going to get worse. This is what I believe anyways. I have been working this job and taking on unbelievable work but I know now that I will soon be out of here so it doesn't hurt too much. I have the training and experience now with paperwork to back it up.

As for the move itself, it's going to cost a lot of money, moving all our stuff cross country, the cars, we are easily looking at $7000 or more, so we had just about that much saved until one of my investments from 2015 came through and got another $7000 for the move so we are now over our goal. So I feel lucky because I know a lot of people are going to be stuck wherever they are when things start really getting bad.

Kenpachii

I'm kind of in the same boat but I know things are going to get better for us, I hope.... So I met my wife about 7 years ago, she moved from the east coast to the west so she could live with me. At the time I was still living with mom in my 30s, so I knew it was going to be hard but we did it anyways. Rented a place and have been living there since.

Living in the city for both of us has been unbearable. Things are getting worse, too many corners are being cut with regards to everything, employment, society, just a lower quality of life in general. The bar has obviously been lowered.

Luckily both of us were employed throughout the pandemic, and we now have a 2 year old and are seriously starting to think about his future and sadly it doesn't look all too good, so we have to make the best of it. Right now we are fortunate because my in laws are going to help us by giving us land to build our house on, and we will be out of here by March 2023. You would think moving away from a place I've called home for 40 years would be a shock to anybody, but at this point there is nothing left for me here. This is not the place I grew up in. Place is a dump and you already know which state im talking about when I say this.

My mom passed away in 2019 and I have very little family left here. She was the only person keeping me from moving away from here, and now shes gone. The best advice I could give to anyone is to think about your family first, save all you can and start making plans if you havent already because its going to get worse. This is what I believe anyways. I have been working this job and taking on unbelievable work but I know now that I will soon be out of here so it doesn't hurt too much. I have the training and experience now with paperwork to back it up.

As for the move itself, it's going to cost a lot of money, moving all our stuff cross country, the cars, we are easily looking at $7000 or more, so we had just about that much saved until one of my investments from 2015 came through and got another $7000 for the move so we are now over our goal. So I feel lucky because I know a lot of people are going to be stuck wherever they are when things start really getting bad.

Sounds like things are going well for you actually, wife, kid, new house soon, 7000 injection to coop with the cost. And yea i agree not having family and moving if you are stuck there for so long in a area, is some rough shit but hey u are moving forwards in life mate. Keep at it.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
You're not powerless man, you sound responsible having a job and taking care of your responsibilities.

If you are fed up of movies, internet etc its time to do something new, maybe go bowling or fishing or whatever new activity you think you woupd enjoy.

Im not 100% on this but its sounds like u have a lot going for u, you have your health, a job, and a roof above your head.

Do something that scares you. Its really makes you appreciate everything else.

Catphish

Catphish Catphish sorry to bump this thread, but just wanted to check on you. You good?
:)

Thank you for the check in.

If you want the honest truth, I don't know, man. I'm fed up.

I'm fed up with the economy, with the cost of everything going through the roof. The cost of gas. Groceries. Fucking everything.

I'm fed up with people being shitty to each other. There are multiple shootings, multiple killings every night in this fucking city, and the cops are more and more restricted to do anything about it.

If I focus on my little corner of the world, it's not so bad. I got my kid, I got my job (even though it's driving me fucking insane presently), a couple of cats, one of which didn't die after eating 18" of yarn, I got my toys and my shows...

But I feel like I'm just hiding from the reality of the world. Like, if I don't look at the problems, they won't look at me. But in my heart of hearts I know that it's only a matter of time before one of them calls my number.

Hanging on in quiet desperation. It's not just for the English anymore.

Probably more than you wanted, but there it is. I appreciate you for thinking about me. 🙂

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I live in a metro area where the news constantly tells us that there are multiple killings, multiple robberies, multiple assaults, etc every dang day or just about.

All we can do is focus on what WE do. Yes, the world is filled with chaos and anarchy where people die randomly... That's the deal we're in. We can either live in fear of the world or we can live in STRENGTH in our families and friends and community.

Go to your local church, synagogue or mosque and pray with your fellow worshippers. If you're not religious, go someplace where you feel the safest with your friends/family and enjoy their company. Have some laughs, drink some beers, help each other through trying times. Show generosity to those who downtrodden and down on their luck (this can be through giving to a homeless shelter, a abused victims shelter, a children's hospital, animal shelter, etc). When we give of ourselves, it helps to make the world a little bit better and more sane.

Dwelling on the bad things in the world will just make you go crazy and Uber fearful of everyone else. We can't live that way. None of us can no matter where we are in the world.

To quote Ms. Marvel: "there is no normal. There's only us and what we do with what we've been given."

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I don't want to burden anyone with a phone call, so I'm just gonna drop this here. Apologies in advance.

I'm at the end of it. I can't take the ugliness of humanity anymore.

But of course, I have to take it, because I'm a father of a teenage girl, and I have to be here for her. And live with the guilt I feel for having brought her into this fucking cesspool of a world, nation, culture.

And I'll live my day to day, to day, wondering if this will be the day when shit of the world finally lands on me, or my kid. Hold on to the job, the paycheck, the toys, what's left of the sanity, the facade of being a strong protector, when truly I'm ultimately fucking powerless to do anything about anything.

Watch people be horrible to each other, watch a show, watch a movie, watch GAF, watch my spending, watch the stock market, watch my retirement fund, watch my years peel off the calendar as I watch the thinning ice I skate upon and pray to fucking god it doesn't collapse before I reach the other side.

We are capable of so much, and instead we opt for ... this fucking bullshit.

I'm so goddamned tired.
I also feel bad for having children I shouldnt have had any. Oh wait nevermind I'm not a believer.

sono

Gold Member
Responsibilities can sure wear you down and I understand the things you wrote, but yet life is beautiful rare and precious, the earth is amazing in a lifeless universe as far as we know. Make the best of everything.and every day. You daughter is wonderful..

Chronicle

Stop 'watching' and start living. Look for the beauty in this miracle of life. Spend time with your daughter and let her know you love. Not in words. Show her.

Stuart360

Life sucks, no doubt about it. With each passing day i feel like i dont belong in this current loopy world, and i just feel like going through the motions waiting for the inevitable to happen.
Maybe thats why some poeple think this is actually hell, and we just dont realize it.

TLZ

Banned

I'm fed up with the economy, with the cost of everything going through the roof. The cost of gas. Groceries. Fucking everything.

I'm fed up with people being shitty to each other. There are multiple shootings, multiple killings every night in this fucking city, and the cops are more and more restricted to do anything about it.

If I focus on my little corner of the world, it's not so bad. I got my kid, I got my job (even though it's driving me fucking insane presently), a couple of cats, one of which didn't die after eating 18" of yarn, I got my toys and my shows...

But I feel like I'm just hiding from the reality of the world. Like, if I don't look at the problems, they won't look at me. But in my heart of hearts I know that it's only a matter of time before one of them calls my number.

Probably more than you wanted, but there it is. I appreciate you for thinking about me. 🙂
My pleasure. It's just good to know you're here ☺️

Like others mentioned, these are the realities of life. It's normal to feel sad, because we're supposed to be empathetic. But we also shouldn't be engulfed by it. The simplest thing I can tell you is, look at time. Time moves forward, not back. We are made and supposed to keep going. Going forth, not back.

If we can help others, we should. There are many ways to. Even if you don't have money, you can help with a smile, being nice, or a prayer. I believe that a simple smile is a form of charity 😊

Don't think that I'm sort of angelic human with the perfect life 😂 I'm just like many, mired with issues life throws at you. But I choose to believe that I have to move on, go on. As long as I breathe, my time has not come yet, so I keep going forth. I can't dwell on the past, sit around and do nothing. It's not good for my health, and it might also be on someone else's expense and I can't do that to them. It's never done anything but keep me stuck. It's like quicksand. Don't let it suck you in. Just don't go to it.

Like others have said, try not to watch the things that make you sad. Do things that make you feel better. You also have a treasure given to you. You're daughter ☺️. So you always have a great reason to look forward. If you like and enjoy spending time with her, do so. Also spend time with people you like.

Toys can be fun but they can get boring. We are social beings, so we need interaction. Sometimes we feel like talking, sometimes we just want to listen. If you don't have people you can call friends, you can talk to us here. You're more than welcome ☺️

I also believe in the spiritual side. Just like our physical body needs food and exercise, our spirit needs its nutrition too. Otherwise we feel empty with just a shell, the body. Fill that spiritual side too when you can 😊

Hope I didn't bore you with all this and is somehow helpful, even in the slightest.

Life sucks, no doubt about it. With each passing day i feel like i dont belong in this current loopy world, and i just feel like going through the motions waiting for the inevitable to happen.
Maybe thats why some poeple think this is actually hell, and we just dont realize it.
Don't tell me what I think this is. We're here for each other always.

TonyK

Try to not watch or read any news or Twitter/forum opinions during one month. Your vision of life, humanity and the world will improve A LOT. Trust me, you will be amazed about the impact it will have on you.

lem0n

These two replies right here^^

I look at far less opinions online these days. I only post where I can just talk about what I like. GAF and certain subreddits is where I spend my online time these days that isn't instagram or videogames. No politics, no current events, no war talk etc. It's just depressing. I've got my IG catered to my taste so it's only cars, games, boobs, audiophile stuff and travel. No nonsense.

All of this, on top of better diet and more exercise and I feel better than I have in years.

Anyone that may be struggling in their daily life just wind back the intake of bad news and shit food and go walk around. It's so simple yet so effective.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Find something you love to do and get busy.

If that doesn't work seek a therapist, a psychologist. There are plenty low cost ones nowadays. If that doesn't work go to a psychiatrist. And don't be ashamed of it, thinking psychiatrists are only for crazy people is very yesterday. Plenty of normal people go, there is no shame in that.

Last edited:

Amiga

Ever thought of moving? some affordable places in Midwest USA. Check how much it would cost you. Could probably end up with a net positive to your budget.

Brock2621

Randomly found this thread and I can relate a lot to OP, feeling awful about trying to explain how people can be in the world to my two little boys. I get on social media and realize the algorithm has turned into one long DoomScroll for me so I've been actively trying to switch it. I started following and viewing pages like: https://www.instagram.com/goodnews_movement/ It shows there are still people out there with courage and lead virtuous lives. I've long accepted I don't fit into this world, and I take comfort in that. Everyone turns left and I simply smile and turn right...

Catphish

Ever thought of moving? some affordable places in Midwest USA. Check how much it would cost you. Could probably end up with a net positive to your budget.
I have to wait til my kid turns 18 but, yeah, when she does, that’s actually the plan. I’m getting the fuck out of Illinois.

Top Bottom