• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IMAX Urged Paramount to Not Delay Top Gun: Maverick to 2022

ManaByte

Gold Member

Rich Gelfond said he’d love Paramount to rethink Top Gun: Maverick’s recent move from this fall to next May, but it’s not likely. “I have spent a lot of time close to a lot of the decision makers at Paramount and… in Top Gun they think they have something very special. Tom Cruise waited more than 35 years to make that movie,” he said. “I think they just feel that for that franchise, and with that kind of quality, they want to make sure the box office is 100%.”

“It is so good as a matter of fact I tried to urge them [to keep the date] because I think that whatever conditions there are, people would flock to see it. But I think they just want perfect conditions around it,” Gelfond told a media conference Monday.

Theaters are roaring back, and Top Gun basically had Thanksgiving to itself (Ghostbusters was weeks before it). Now Top Gun 2 will be opening directly against John Wick 4 (unless one blinks and moves).

T8SC

Gold Member
tumblr_n3ssmgC4b41qmj83do2_500.gifv

Last edited:

TylerD

I don't care as long as I get to see it on the biggest screen possible. This movie in IMAX is an absolute must for me. I love me some aviation and the cinematography looks fucking incredible.

Top Bottom