• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals of Aveum- Your PC isn't ready for UE5 (PC System Requirements Analysis)

hussar16

But...loking at the graphics it doesn't push much. This is more likely a case of devs not bothering with any optimising.
Lol people expecting optimization to help them. All the games "optomized" were made with engine for ps4 console .this is a true next gen engine. Time to move on from decade old engines

Gp1

Calm down there devs. I've bought my 12400f just last year and im way behind the curve with the GPU.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Calm down there devs. I've bought my 12400f just last year and im way behind the curve with the GPU.

12400 still a beyond decent CPU unless you are hunting for near to and above 120fps.
Just remove the power limits if you feel you are falling behind....if youve got a MAX motherboard you can BCLK overclock it too.

<- 12400 owner.

Reactions: Gp1

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Im actually excited for this game simply because I dont know a single about it, except that I get it for free on Origin cause I bought the premium Origin membership back when I thought BF2042 was going to consume my life and never cancelled it.

Ive seen like 30 seconds of a gameplay preview and thats it. Looked pretty cool and Ill be going in otherwise completely blind, which rarely happens now a days. I feel like I usually know everything about a game before it ever releases, so this is kind of an exciting change.

Last edited:

WX3

So glad I grabbed a new GPU last week, and still won't be able to play this game worth a shit.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Not my kind of game but visuals look like a mixed bag...

Going on a tangent - Insomniac/Nixxes hasn't confirmed PC specs for the Ratchet PC port yet?

VN1X

Banned
I love how Gaf keeps demanding AAA first person shooters but when they finally get one they hold up their noses lol.

Anyway I'm still keen on checking this out. I'm actually interested in a more straight forward shooter (with magic shenanigans).

Last edited:

hlm666

That gameplay trailer has some of the worst reconstruction artifacts I've seen, look at the fence on the airship thing. Then later on he is doing some blue magic and the effects above the hand are ghosting and fizzing. There's probably more but I couldn't make it through the trailer.

Macattk15

Looks pretty but also looks bland as fuck. Reminds me of that GoW like game that came out around PS5 release.

Godfall. Could see that was gonna be garbage from the jump too.

nkarafo

Wow, this game looks like garbage.

I'm not even exaggerating, it looks like one of the worst games i have seen.

Don't even care what is doing under the hood.

Darchaos

I only have a i711700k and 3070 so i wont be able to play it, but i do agree that developers should always push graphics as much as possible!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I still don't get how this got greenlit by EA but remasters of Tiberian Sun and/or Red Alert 2 apparently weren't.
Its EA Originals not EA Games.

EAO is EAs indie publishing branch, the projects they publish are very different to the ones that get developed by EA Studios.

It also helps that Ascendant Studios is staffed by a bunch of EA games veterans, they likely had someones ear at EA Originals who was willing to see the project.

Hudo

Its EA Originals not EA Games.

EAO is EAs indie publishing branch, the projects they publish are very different to the ones that get developed by EA Studios.

It also helps that Ascendant Studios is staffed by a bunch of EA games veterans, they likely had someones ear at EA Originals who was willing to see the project.
So that's the real reason, then. I guess Louis Castle and Brett Sperry aren't really all buddy-buddy with people at EA. But Jim Vessella is a producer there and he kinda boxed the C&C Remasters through and were successful (according to him). So I believe he tried to make remasters of the next games as well but probably had troubles procuring the source code for the engine. And now he's helping Respawn producing the Star Wars RTS (or strategy game).

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I play videogames not hardware. A game isn't good just because it pushes your system- although I suspect some PC gamers consider games to be tech demos for the real game: building a PC.
Will Smith Yes GIF by Bad Boys For Life

UnNamed

Banned
But...loking at the graphics it doesn't push much. This is more likely a case of devs not bothering with any optimising.

IMHO many people don't fully understand what UE5 means.

UE5 is basically UE4 ver 4.3 + Nanite + Lumen + Niagara + optimization.

It's not like UE3 which was a different paradigm from the UE4. Whoever decide to use UE4 and needs to have bugfixes and optimizations, it has to work on UE5, like it's a newer version of UE4.

Many upcoming UE games are just UE4 games developed on the new release of the engine, so UE5 games without being a true full feature UE5 games.

Many UE games on Switch are, in fact UE5 games despite behaving like normal UE4 titles. That's why "Switch support UE5".

Said it another thread but this is like diminishing returns: the videogame.

The ugly art direction doesn't help
but even beyond that I'm not seeing a big enough visual leap to justify the increase in hardware requirement when you compare with something like Doom Eternal which runs at 1080/60(ish) high settings on like a 1050ti
This is exactly right. The art direction is very bland and uninspired. They are easily some of the best people to ever make RPG's but their art direction over the last few decades have been consistently mediocre at best.

Schmendrick

This game oozes Godfall vibes for me.

Looks bland and generic and will probably play that way, too.

Last edited:

raduque

This game looks like trash. Crappy art style, "throw everything at the screen" graphics that do not justify the system requirements, and looks like boring game play.

If this is "next gen", I'm out. (n)

hussar16

This game looks like trash. Crappy art style, "throw everything at the screen" graphics that do not justify the system requirements, and looks like boring game play.

If this is "next gen", I'm out. (n)
Yes this is next gen. Time to move on from ps4 engine 2011 specs games

canopylions

Neo Member
I dont think this game will be perfect or even have a long standing fan base but why is everyone hating on it it looks fairly unique
the negativity around this game is baffling. are people just salty they don't meet the min specs?

Wow, this game looks like garbage.

I'm not even exaggerating, it looks like one of the worst games i have seen.

Don't even care what is doing under the hood.
Like when I see hyperbole like this I can only assume you want the game to be bad above all reason.

Red5

I've been playing on PC since 1995, never had the highest end PC my dad mostly got me what was in his budget and managed to scale my game settings accordingly and that's one of the boons of PC gaming.

For example I'm running CP2077 on a mix of ultra/high and stuff like shadows on medium on an i7 4790 and gtx1070, set a max 40fps ceiling using MSI Afterburner and for me it's running well all things considered. People don't have to shoot for max settings for a great gaming experience.

Top Bottom