• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imperial SaGa (S-E developed F2P Browser game) has started service

Shouta

1id5w04.png

Game Website - http://www.imperialsaga.jp/

Imperial SaGa - Opening movie
Imperial SaGa - Trailer
Imperail SaGa - Gameplay Footage "Take back the Dolphin statue" mission

Imperial SaGa, one of the SaGa games announced at the end of last year (the other being SaGA 2015 for the Vita) just started service on the 18th in Japan. Interestingly enough, it's browser based rather than mobile based but it still uses the F2P model.

I just started it after seeing the opening movie that was uploaded to youtube. I didn't even know it existed until that, lol. It has the same artwork as all the SaGa games by the always outstanding Tomomi Kobayashi. The music is by Kenji Ito too. It seems it might be the SaGA equivalent of Final Fantasy Record Keepers as it references other SaGA games with the stuff it mentions in the opening video and the like.

It has the same combat system as the 16-bit SaGa games it seems, or at least seems derived from those. You randomly get Flashes of brilliance to gain new skills mid fight and your stats will go up periodically after battle. The units are done gatcha-style though, obviously. It seems to have a story as well as there are story sequences mingled in with the stages. I've only done like two stages so far but it might shape up to be something interesting.

On top of the usual progression in F2P maps (i.e. tackling dungeons with multiple fights, they seem to have added an additional wrinkle to each dungeon through paths that split. So you need to divide your forces to proceed to the end boss. There are also some other special things too though I haven't fully explored it yet. Apparently, it has mini-games too, lol

For anyone that liked SaGa games and know some Japanese, this might be an interesting play. The art-work and sprites alone are pretty nice. They're running a login Campaign currently that gives you some Crowns, the in game currency, and other items.

Registering a Yahoo.co.jp account

Go to the website and click on the giant read "Game Start button" that should bring you to the JP website from there.

tUCS9Ub.png

Click on "New Account"

iuwPyfT.png

Fill up the information as necessary. You will need an actual JP postal number. The one used by the US embassy is fine. 107-0052

Once you fill in the form a captcha will appear. You'll need to input the JP characters into the box to proceed to the next screen.

wZeE0Md.png

On this screen, click the blue text at the bottom and your account should be created. Go back to the Imperial Saga website and input the info to start it up.

Shouta

Hmm, the game seems to use a health based system rather than an energy one like a lot of current F2P.

What I mean is that it seems like you're free to do as many missions as you want as long as your characters have the health to do so. If they run out of life, then they need to rest in the barracks. The amount of time they need to recover is longer if they took more damage. A few of my sub 40% HP chars were going to take 3-4 hours to fully recovery but you do get a medicine that heals them up instead of having to wait. It's pretty interesting. Only one other F2P game I've touched recently does that and that's Gundam Strikers.

The game seems to have formations and magic spell research as you progress. Game is definitely interesting so far.

Ozigizo

So this is the SaGa game they've been talking about? The art looks pretty good, but I'm unable to get past the chapcha to sign up.

Shouta

I'm getting some kind of weird error when I try to get items that were given to me by the game. =/

Shouta

So it looks like the game works from where I logged in my Yahoo Japan account. I'll have to try that when I get home.

The early stages are definitely no walk in the park. Splitting up your team is dangerous if you don't get the right pair or if you run into a ton of enemies. pretty interesting!

Top Bottom