• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Importing a US 360 to Europe

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Emm, I recently bought a US 360 (yes I already got it) but I had problems with my power supply and it kind of blew up.
Anyway, I'm getting a new one and I need to know which stepdown converter do I need to get? And is there anywhere online I can get it? The one I use for my US DS doesn't work.
I saw one in lik-sang but it was 40$ (and like 30$ shipping) and that's way more then I'm willing to pay for a stepdown adaptor..

Help me GAF!

$h@d0w

You could just go ahead and buy a 240V 360 power supply, eBay price is around £50. You can also get them from Microsoft for €100

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
$h@d0w said:
You could just go ahead and buy a 240V 360 power supply, eBay price is around £50. You can also get them from Microsoft for €100
I know, but the problem is I didn't know it wouldn't work with a normal one untill after I ordered my US power supply..

Zaptruder

Banned
WHY ON THE LORDIES EARTHY ALMIGHTY?! Would you import US360s? When you can import Asian 360s and pay $40 for X360 games?!!

Asian games... frequently released same time as US games, 98% in english... and often get english translations for JP games faster than the US does, because they don't spend time screwing around with dubbing.

The only drawback is that you have to import the games. And seeing as you're already doing that... you can't lose! So then... WHY US?! Oh well, you lost out :p

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Zaptruder said:
WHY ON THE LORDIES EARTHY ALMIGHTY?! Would you import US360s? When you can import Asian 360s and pay $40 for X360 games?!!

Asian games... frequently released same time as US games, 98% in english... and often get english translations for JP games faster than the US does, because they don't spend time screwing around with dubbing.

The only drawback is that you have to import the games. And seeing as you're already doing that... you can't lose! So then... WHY US?! Oh well, you lost out :p
Ahh.. pretty much because I didn't know all of the above, If I would, I would buy an Asian one, dammit.

Top Bottom