• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Impressions for Obscure Games Thread

I was browsing in a second-hand electronic shop, and a few titles caught my eye. Since I don't know anyone who's played these games, I'm wondering if anyone could give short impressions. Even "its alright", or "it sucks" would be helpful.

Master of Monsters: Disciples of Gaia - I heard a lot of good things about the Genesis one. Is this game at all similar? Its score isn't so hot on Gamerankings.com, but neither are the scores for a lot of games I enjoyed. Is it even worth the $6.99 they are charging?

One Piece Mansion - Looks like it could be a fun puzzler, plus its published by Capcom, which is cool.

Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars - looks a lot different from the games in the regular series.

If anyone is unsure about purchasing a game, post it here.

Cameltry with a spinner is really fun (Arcade/MAME). You spin the maze around with the spinner and have the ball drop through the obstacles. If you're familiar with Kuru Kuru for GBA... imagine that, but controlled with a spinner.

ferricide

BobbyRobby said:
Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars - looks a lot different from the games in the regular series.
this is OK; it's also quite easy. you can do a lot better in the genre these days (fire emblem!) but it's not without its charms. i enjoyed the story, but i like the stories in general in the ZOE stuff.

Vashu

IJoel said:
Record of Lodoss War for the DC kicks ass. It's a nicely done Diablo clone.

r0x!

Amen to that! Another obscure game, at least, that's what I think: Incredible Crisis for the PSOne.. It was too damn funny, especially the father... 'WHAAAAAAA' :D

Vashu said:
Amen to that! Another obscure game, at least, that's what I think: Incredible Crisis for the PSOne.. It was too damn funny, especially the father... 'WHAAAAAAA' :D

Incredible Crisis is awesome except for that damned boat game that pops up like 3 or 4 times through the course of the game.

ferricide said:
this is OK; it's also quite easy. you can do a lot better in the genre these days (fire emblem!) but it's not without its charms. i enjoyed the story, but i like the stories in general in the ZOE stuff.

So its a Strategy RPG? I think I'll get it.

Vashu said:
Amen to that! Another obscure game, at least, that's what I think: Incredible Crisis for the PSOne.. It was too damn funny, especially the father... 'WHAAAAAAA'

Definitely an awesome game. Worth much more than the $8 I spent on it. It sucks that we never got a sequel, when it was so blatantly set up for one.

Vashu

Mr. Lemming said:
Incredible Crisis is awesome except for that damned boat game that pops up like 3 or 4 times through the course of the game.

Oh yeah, those parts... Hated them too, it even popped my top once... :p

Ranger X

You should try One Piece Mansion. It's the single most bizzarre puzzler ever. My only complains is that it's lack of balance in the long term makes it less replayable. But the game is holy original. Please try, if just for your gaming knowledge!!

ferricide said:

To be honest, I think Fist of Mars really does have one of the finest localizations in videogame history. It's accurate, to the point, and encourages further reading despite basically being a text game with minor gameplay elements.

Find Deception III: Dark Delusion... I think it is considered obscure since I didn't hear many ppl mention about it on the forum but it is a great game.

Top Bottom