• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In a time where everybody only talks about TLOU2, I became marveled with Prey

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
It's the System Shock 3 we never got. I was so blown away by it, it ain't even funny. Straight 10/10. One of the best games this generation.

yeah, LOVE the game. I feel it's a worthy successor to titles like Half Life and System Shock. the freedom the game offer you is pretty high (the GLOO gun is awesome) and there's plenty of ways to get enough resource for upgrades and what not. I think I played it up to the later part
where the military start to invade the space station
kinda left the game unfinished but I'll be going back eventually.

ps: also helps that I have the same last name as Morgan XD

Last edited:

Skullkid94700

Neo Member
A great game for sure. I didnt get a chance to play TLOU2, but Prey is one of my favorite current gen games. Loading times were rough, but gameplay was amazing. Exploration, every choice has a impact and that ending was truly a shock to the system (yea, I said it.).

I wish the Prop Hunt multiplayer mode had a chance to take off, but it always seemed like it shoe horned in to try to give the game some more life.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Just finished this.

Man, what an ending!

I went for the evil ending, that is, explode Talos I and erradicate the Typhon while watching from the chair.

Just to find out they were doing the reverse of what the game makes you think most of the time. During the game you think you're Morgan Yu, shifting / mutating into a Typhon, but what they are actually doing is the opposite. Trying to make the Typhon, you, the player, more human, thorough the decisions you face along the game. Really neat twist I gotta say, which is culminated by the join humans to save their race or finish them for good.

Had a blast with the game. It's a real shame it onto probably get a sequel though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom