• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In canceling my xbox live membership this weekend, I told MS the real reason why I...

quit....

MS Rep As a part of an exit poll, why are you canceling your Xbox live membership?

Me: Well honestly... (dramatic pause) - Halo is more fun on the Gamecube on Nintendo Live than on Xbox live....

MS Rep Hmm..... Nintendo has Halo on their system? We'll have to look into that...

:lol

I couldn't pass up the opportunity.... that and when I first called their systems was having "difficulty" pulling up Xbox live user accounts... of which I said... "Well, sounds like typical Microsoft problems huh?"

The Rep didn't sound too happy when I said that. :lol

PhatSaqs

Banned
VictimOfGrief said:
quit....

MS Rep As a part of an exit poll, why are you canceling your Xbox live membership?

Me: Well honestly... (dramatic pause) - Halo is more fun on the Gamecube on Nintendo Live than on Xbox live....

MS Rep Hmm..... Nintendo has Halo on their system? We'll have to look into that...

:lol

I couldn't pass up the opportunity.... that and when I first called their systems was having "difficulty" pulling up Xbox live user accounts... of which I said... "Well, sounds like typical Microsoft problems huh?"

The Rep didn't sound too happy when I said that. :lol
That was pretty good :lol

I hate when the stupid reps ask that question. "Why are you cancelling!!??!"
I opened a different savings account w/higher interest rate with the bank I already had a regular savings account with and asked to cancel the old one during the call. She asked me why I was cancelling the other one. I busted out laughing.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
:lol good job. i hate their "why do you want to leave us" crap.

PhatSaqs said:
That was pretty good :lol

I hate when the stupid reps ask that question. "Why are you cancelling!!??!"
I opened a different savings account w/higher interest rate with the bank I already had a regular savings account with and asked to cancel the old one during the call. She asked me why I was cancelling the other one. I busted out laughing.
Yup, it's like... they can't figure out how the dots get there.... and then they REALLY can't draw the line. :lol

=W=

Uh, there's nothing wrong with them asking why you're quitting. If you tell them truthfully and a number of people have the same complaint, then maybe, just maybe, they might try to fix the problem so you'll come back. What better way to know what the customer wants then to ask them? It's a very sound business strategy.

Now with something like AOL, where they won't shut the fuck up and leave you alone after you answer them, that's another matter.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I would have answered:

"Because I lost both of my thumbs at an Extreme Origami competition, you insensitive fuck..."

Reaction to that would have been worth the price of admission alone :D

catfish said:
i hate their "why do you want to leave us" crap.
I'm pretty much anti-upselling for pretty much everything, fast food, EB, financial services, etc... But I persist in the idylic notion that "exit polls" like this might get a company to change their ways. I'm naive, I know.

Now, if they make you jump through hoops to cancel, fuck 'em in the ass. But when asked, "Why are you leaving?" I'll tell 'em.

You people are daft. They need feedback on why you are cancelling the account in order to track trends, and potentially improve on certain aspects of the service if the feedback suggests that it's a problem.

edit: what =W= said.

AltogetherAndrews said:
You people are daft. They need feedback on why you are cancelling the account in order to track trends, and potentially improve on certain aspects of the service if the feedback suggests that it's a problem.

Daft huh? well, if their feedback improves ANYTHING in Xbox 360 Live, I'll be amazed. :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
AltogetherAndrews said:

sure, but its the ones that appear outright nosey that piss me off. well maybe I was mad at the guy because he wouldn't let me cancel after I told him that the address was nonsense because I had to buy a australian live kit as it hadn't launched in NZ so what was in the address field was nonsense. Then he said "nope it looks like a valid address" so I say, alright, wait there, go to my xbox and fuck around for a bit and come back and say " the address is "69 DOODY street", then he says "so that wasn't a real address sir?" and he sounded, like, disappointed in me for lying to the xbox or something. cock.

=W=

Also, the representative was more than likely just being nice. She probably thinks you're a complete moron. BUT OH HO! YOU SURE GOT HER GOOD!

chinch

Tenacious-V Redux
i hate their "why do you want to leave us" crap.
there is NOTHING wrong with that and it actually is good customer service as they want to better themselves and improve their services.

you guys sound like wimps if you can't answer it honestly (over the phone nonetheless)

Anytime you cancel any service of any kind you get the same kind of question on why you are canceling. Cable, phone, mail, internet, etc. This isn't some sort of insidious MS plot here.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
This isn't some sort of insidious MS plot here.
Unless...

Sorry, I just wanted to be "one of the boys" by using a traditional GAF remark.

CoryCubed

You do haft to watch it though, especially if you get transferred to another department to cancel, as many companies (AOL), have a rentention department that will do everything in their power to keep you on. Its their job.

ChrisReid

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Anytime you cancel any service of any kind you get the same kind of question on why you are canceling. Cable, phone, mail, internet, etc. This isn't some sort of insidious MS plot here.

Yeah, it only wastes their time to ask and track your answers if they weren't going to at least try to improve the service with your responses. There's no need to try to dodge the question.

Oni Jazar

"That sounded pretty good"? Dude, He sounded like a douchebag. Be a man and tell them why you're really leaving. I would have thought you were 8 years old with that reply.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
chinch said:
there is NOTHING wrong with that and it actually is good customer service as they want to better themselves and improve their services.

you guys sound like wimps if you can't answer it honestly (over the phone nonetheless)

wimps? er its got nothing to do with that. The guy I spoke to sounded put out and disapproving of me. Fuck, I'll cancel what I want.

chinch

Tenacious-V Redux
catfish said:
wimps? er its got nothing to do with that. The guy I spoke to sounded put out and disapproving of me. Fuck, I'll cancel what I want.
Yah, you sound all tough on the keyboard yet can't tell the person something as simple as...

I cancelled because it's I no longer wish to play online gaming via xbox live :lol

Come on... Sounds like a typical Microsoft problem? Man, I hate people like you, he's just trying to do his job. Explaining to you why something was taking a little longer than usual is something he would do to be courteous to you, and you throw it in his face? I can only hope you have to work in a call centre one day so you can deal with douchebags like you on a call by call basis :lol

=W= said:
Now with something like AOL, where they won't shut the fuck up and leave you alone after you answer them, that's another matter.

that is how microsoft was with me when I cancelled mine it was another 10 - 15 minutes after that question before the chick stopped trying to sell me on live again

I have no problem answering these types of questions but once Ive given you the answer and clearly state more than once I don't one just drop the sales pitch allready

I cancelled it cause I just did not like the way the matchmaking service worked, nor that I paid money to host games on my machine, and there just wasn't much I enjoyed not a big online gamer any more and all she did was "what about this game?" "but you can play with your friends online" "but what about this game?" just fucking drop it allready

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
chinch said:

I just don't give a fuck. I realize why they're doing it, and it is a very good reason.
But it makes me giggle and my day better for it.
I told them I quit because it wasn't awesome enough.

Edit: Yes, I am an asshole.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Next time you cancel Live folks, tell them it's because of racist absuive 14 year old cheats using 2 month accounts. I cannot wait til they stop honoring that free troll bait. I hope 360 stuff lets me do as much ignoring as I think it will.

PS., I hear you can transfer your live account using MS passport. Which would be easy and nice if true.

PPS., Try canceling HBO or similar because you don't like the movie selection, and they often give you a free three month trial of something else. I got Starz.

ManaByte

Gold Member
=W= said:
Also, the representative was more than likely just being nice. She probably thinks you're a complete moron. BUT OH HO! YOU SURE GOT HER GOOD!

Exactly. She was probably rolling her eyes when she said that and then laughed her ass off as soon as the call was finished.

i don't understand why people do that. Do they give you some money back if you cancel early? Either way, way to go. Better than most other services, but still a shitty service nonetheless.

Shin Johnpv said:
that is how microsoft was with me when I cancelled mine it was another 10 - 15 minutes after that question before the chick stopped trying to sell me on live again

I have no problem answering these types of questions but once Ive given you the answer and clearly state more than once I don't one just drop the sales pitch allready

I cancelled it cause I just did not like the way the matchmaking service worked, nor that I paid money to host games on my machine, and there just wasn't much I enjoyed not a big online gamer any more and all she did was "what about this game?" "but you can play with your friends online" "but what about this game?" just fucking drop it allready

She liked you man.
Girls don't like being dumped, even if you two had nothing in common.
I feel sorry for her, the poor girl.
All she every wanted was true love.

Top Bottom