• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In holy shit news: Glenn Beck urges conservatives to understand Black Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Republicans: "Man, if we keep holding these black people down, they're going to continue to organize and protest and will bring other minorities on their side..."

Cipherr

They are looking at the fucking polls and realizing that we can vote..... Now they want to meet in the middle on some shit all of a sudden.
KuGsj.gif

Fury451

Banned
Republicans: "Man, if we keep holding these black people down, they're going to continue to organize and protest and will bring other minorities on their side..."

Eh, I don't know, don't the Republicans basically have no minority voter support as it is?

This may be like, genuine understanding and empathy for fellow humans, which is nice to see.

Ogodei

Beck's an earnest true-believer, is the thing. He's a self-promoter but he buys what he's selling, unlike most of his colleagues on their end of the ideological spectrum. Can't deny he has passion instead of just cynically milking his audience for the big bucks.

cackhyena

Beck's an earnest true-believer, is the thing. He's a self-promoter but he buys what he's selling, unlike most of his colleagues on their end of the ideological spectrum. Can't deny he has passion instead of just cynically milking his audience for the big bucks.
I believe this too. Which is why he didn't endorse, but had most faith in Cruz, another true believer. I guess there's something to be said for that? A bad something... but something.

Yeah, he's seemed that way. It'll be interesting to see how much he really buys into pushing BLM and race issues.

Mully

I don't see much urgency to understand the group in his statements about BLM. Beck labels the leaders of the group as "communists and anti-capitalists;" which are naughty Republican words, and then he attempts to convince his followers to understand BLM when it's clear Beck can't grasp what BLM is about.

Beck's statement is very similar to the Republican pundit response from the result of the General Election of 2012, they understand the party needs to appeal to minority voters, but neither Beck or the GOP analysts have a clue on how to genuinely convince African Americans, Hispanics, etc to vote Republican.

Iksenpets

Banned
Every time the Republicans lurch another step towards pure awfulness, they leave some former peak of awfulness behind, and a few people are left there to lament how wrong it's all gone, and without the pressure to conform anymore, they can step back towards reasonableness. Now we've hit that point with Glenn fucking Beck.

I'm sure someone already mentioned this, but Glenn Beck is, IIRC, a character to some extent. Not that it's excusable that he uses this character to fan the flames, but I've always been under the impression that he is less radical than a lot of his cohorts.

Glenn Beck started out as a middle of the road guy who called out everyone, regardless of party. Then he got Conservative/Tea Party fever to get paid. This may be more of a return to who he used to be.
That I believe is correct. Being a Fox personality made him turn into a shit for $$$.

Didn't Gingrich say some similar things a few weeks ago?

Nah, he's still insane. Remember when he claimed God killed Scalia so Cruz could be President.

This is just reactionary soul-searching fueled by anti-Trump sentiment among the GOP. I'm not complaining though!

Codeblue

Glenn Beck understanding that the Republican party is lost if they rely on the white vote.

Too bad the base is so toxic that they nominated a xenophobe. It's a little late.

zelas

I liken this to Ted Cruz's antics at the TNC. Trying to better position himself after the eventual downfall of Trump. They aint thinking about nobody but themselves.

I've always felt that Glenn Beck was one of those far-right commentators who didn't believe a godamn thing he actually said, just catered to the lucrative far-right who consumes that kind of shit blindly and in groves. Makes me wonder if he's looking for an image turnaround after an absence. I think his image is a little too tarnished and attached to that shtick to really do, though.

cackhyena

I've always felt that Glenn Beck was one of those far-right commentators who didn't believe a godamn thing he actually said, just catered to the lucrative far-right who consumes that kind of shit blindly and in groves. Makes me wonder if he's looking for an image turnaround after an absence. I think his image is a little too tarnished and attached to that shtick to really do, though.
? Doesn't he and The Blaze do pretty alright as an organization? I doubt he wants back in under someone else's thing. He runs the loony bin now.

Read the article and I did a spit take at the accusation that BLM is identity politics. Not wanting to get shot by the police is considered "identity politics".

Ashby

Do you actually believe this? Other minorities are doing so much better than African Americans. Hispanics are more and more being brought into the fold of White Privilege. Asians likely are better off than even white people in terms of household earnings. They give as little of a shit as White America does about American blacks.

rhandino

Banned
Glenn Beck strikes me as a HUELEN type figure. Lots of bizzare, somewhat contradicting ideas, some good some bad, all being expounded by an attention whore.
The accuracy...

Speaking of, what happened to HUELEN10? I haven't see ha posting since the day $hillary bought the FBI and her freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom