• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In honor of Final Fantasy's 25th anniversary, GAF Plays: Final Fantasy games

Heropon

Does anyone mind if I keep posting a summary every two pages (100ppp)? I would need two posts for the next one, so I can see that it might be more bothering than useful.

Personally, I don't mind at all.

I'm switching between this game and Kid Icarus, so I have little free time to post this, but it doesn't matter <3

Heropon

BqVGF.png
ds2Mf.png
Lb6Py.png

Now that Terra has joined the party again, and we have an airship at our disposal, we can get a very useful magicite for this part of the game. Seraph teaches a great variety of white magics, so it fits a good role as "my first magicite" to some characters. Talking about magicites and magic, it's a good idea to learn Osmose so the characters don't have to worry about being short of MP (too bad the next dungeon has so many undead monsters).

GTELF.png
Y3Wqw.png

Banon has the idea of attacking the empire with the help of the Espers. I don't know why, but it doesn't seem like a good plan.

kQ9A2.png
P7e1e.png
ste7G.png
jSs7W.png

Cave to the Sealed Gate: This cave contains an army of undead monsters. The designers felt that it was a funny idea to put the Assassin's Dagger as the first item in this place. There are more interesting items in there, like a second Genji Glove or the first Ultima Weapon (Atma weapon) in the history of Final Fantasy. The Ninja is a fearsome enemy, he uses those elemental scrolls too much (300 to everyone).

yQLFn.png
3DmP0.png
xmmIv.png
wnqPk.png

Just when the party reaches the Sealed Gate, Kefka appears. The gate opens and the Espers exit furiously.

Pt9DX.png
i9tWq.png
Ohkcl.png
50tgP.png

Our favourite imperials are in danger thanks to the evil espers. Let's see what they want.

tBS1D.png
eBDbF.png
f1XiW.png
P6cZI.png

I don't feel like doing you the dirty work but business is business.

XZoQ2.png
YEt9F.png

The chosen ones for the mission are Terra and Locke. Thanks Leo, I didn't know who they were.

And this pleasure trip is the end of this chapter.

Ourobolus

Banned
Sorry that the thread is kind of on life support at the moment. Since I finished FF6, I'm taking a bit of a break before starting FF7. Most likely it'll be a month or so before I start it up, because I've got some other stuff going on right now.
Nah, that's fine. I've blasted through FF1-3 in the past month or so, so FFIV is kinda burning me out. I'm playing Psychonauts as my foil to the FF games, but I may need to play FFVI or something to cancel out my boredom with FFIV.

Heropon

o9HxG.png
eML6S.png
o8OTb.png

This chapter takes place in Crescent Island. The party finds a suspicious old man in a nearby town.

Yioqm.png
mJHHG.png
eJTOY.png

His grandaughter can't keep her mouth shut. Our heroes go to sleep after the unsuccessful investigation.

Mzhzh.png
VR22B.png
qXDxK.png
8pRps.png

Relm is in danger! Strago joins Terra and Locke, and they go to the burning house. There are a lot of Bombs in there. The boss is also weak to ice, so Terra spams Ice2. At the end, they are saved by Shadow and his dog.

Pt7cD.png

At last, Strago decides to tell everything he knows. Then they go to a mountain range to the East.

cKTtv.png
cFojC.png
CFuzV.png
aiJvn.png

At some point, they see some replicas of the Warring Triad. Ultros appears to get the statues. This octopus is irritating!

25Aa6.png
96U5j.png
aqtkI.png

After an old trick (haste + protect) by Ultros, Relm appears. She paints him a portrait, and he discovers something that will change his life forever: He's nothing more than a stupid octopus!

z2H9u.png
sVFBJ.png
fehmC.png
Co4iC.png

Relm has a great Magic stat, but I don't care about her special commands. I give her a ****/***** in usefulness, so I don't know if she's right. After some more walking, they find the espers.

odcxj.png
XAyyX.png
fjEVN.png

And everyone was happy forever...
until KEFKA starts killing espers.

cD8Nu.png
fGArP.png
HSZAk.png
KpF0N.png

Leo doesn't allow bad behaviors. Surrender, Kefka! But Kefka is a ^*^&//% and kills him.

Tjcbf.png
7lHZA.png
vDwJj.png

Kefka, you'll pay for this. Leo had a pretty powerful attack! About Shadow's death, I don't care.
Wow, Setzer, your intelligence amazes me.

biCKg.png
M7HGj.png
lyCqX.png
62bW8.png

Kefka and Gestahl keep toying with forbidden powers and they raise an entire continent. After some duties, we'll stop them.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Just stumbled upon this thread. I've been playing FFVI every now and then for the last couple of weeks. Little bit ahead of where Heropon is. Good times! I'm trying to steal Genji Gloves from the Dragons on the floating continent but it's pretty rare to get one.

Heropon

Just stumbled upon this thread. I've been playing FFVI every now and then for the last couple of weeks. Little bit ahead of where Heropon is. Good times! I'm trying to steal Genji Gloves from the Dragons on the floating continent but it's pretty rare to get one.

Actually, I'm ahead of you. WoR Kohlingen :p

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Actually, I'm ahead of you. WoR Kohlingen :p

Ah, I see. I'll head to the WoR soon too I guess, getting bored with the glove-hunting. What's your plan? In my previous two playthroughs, I got Locke really late - I'm thinking about getting him as early as possible now so I can start stealing shit in the WoR sooner.

Heropon

Ah, I see. I'll head to the WoR soon too I guess, getting bored with the glove-hunting. What's your plan? In my previous two playthroughs, I got Locke really late - I'm thinking about getting him as early as possible now so I can start stealing shit in the WoR sooner.

I suppose I'll get him the last as the rest of the characters are pretty easy to get, and then the rest of the sidequests that don't involve extra friends.

Red Scarlet

How does this FF4 multiplayer works? I though only FF6 and 9 had that option, but then I see this game has a strange typeface.

FF4 always had it, you could just use controller 2 to move around. They've made special roms with 4 and 5 that let you designate a controller for specific characters in battle.

Ourobolus

Banned
FF4 always had it, you could just use controller 2 to move around. They've made special roms with 4 and 5 that let you designate a controller for specific characters in battle.
How are you doing it over the internet? ZSNES, or any specific plugin? PC emulation, PSP, etc.?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I'll ask it here because I can't remember, but Cyrstal Chronicles, the first on gamecube, required a Game Boy Advance even for single player or I can go with a pad and enjoy it?

For single-player, it ain't required.

Thanks alot :p

jaxword

So what was the original FF4 multiplayer functionality? Just moving around on the map with the second controller? Or was there anything else?

Heropon

WTv5f.png
zHRGV.png
aeol7.png
M6tFs.png

Before going to the floating continent, I want to get some "optional" espers. One can get Zona Seeker and Golem in Jidoor's Auction House. Zona Seeker appeared in my first try, and Golem after thousands of Cherub Downs. That chocobo prize appears only to waste time. Since the prizes are fixed, I think of this place as a elaborate shop (and a time waster).

vUgmx.png
1lFrM.png

Our next adventure is taking some treasure in Narshe. Unfortunately, Lone Wolf steals a precious Gold Hairpin. The party follows him through the mines.

m53nF.png
RdABU.png
DD4wi.png
n3Mqw.png

Lone Wolf has taken a moogle hostage. When they are in danger, I choose the poor moogle. Who wants a relic that halves the MP usage when we have an unlimited use of Osmose?

boZLs.png
BB0Vz.png
wES5c.png

It can talk, it can talk. The last image has a little of foreshadowing...

bfa9o.png
pBCgQ.png
QPy9X.png
8UCjF.png

Mog little adventures: Mog wished he could learn Water Rondo and made his way to the Serpent Trench, kupo. The boulders that separated Nikeah from the mainland are gone and Mog can continue his quest looking for his airship, kupo.

9FUFz.png
0McTK.png
cJ8sq.png
xhCFf.png

In his adventures, Mog was mistaken for a door repairer, crossed a forest and attempted suicide, kupo. At last, he reached the Veldt and could get to the airship again. END, kupo.

glrh1.png
5p5GJ.png
5EQXN.png
ItNmV.png

The time to settle things with the imperial bosses has come. First, the party has to fight several airships.

P6EeS.png
YHRB3.png
xV8v6.png
8b4r7.png

And Gilgamesh II welcomes us with his presence, again... But he comes with a friend that throws the party off board at the end of the battle. I hope I don't see you again, guys.

TX2og.jpg

Hahaha, but only if choose to buy that, so it isn't certain that this nuisances will bother me again *thinks about the Dragon Neck Colosseum*, I'm trapped.

hWa5O.png
WwogP.png

This boss has three parts, before they do too much damage, I kill the weapons. The airship sends a thing that absorbs all magic damage and begin to charge an attack. I think that it also absorbs its attacks so I begin a physical attack barrage. The battle ends before the countdown.

VZKan.png
QSTtN.png
NqRGW.png
e5kvG.png

The floating continent: I don't know how Shadow ended here, how is he in the esper continent and not in Crescent Island? The monsters in this place are more dangerous than in any previous place, specially the Behemoth and the Dragon. There is an enemy specialized in Lv.X magic that can be killed by draining its MP (there are more of them, but it was a coincidence that I killed it that way, so this is the only monster that I'm certain that can be killed that way. I suppose that many magic based enemies have that property, but I can't say that 100%.

UtFql.png
PUNKT.png

Before going to the final stretch of this place, I prepare Terra with two earrings.

c9tRU.png
xwi0j.png
fRCnl.png
WVnq7.png

Atma Weapon (I refuse to call that thing that way, but for once...) does some nasty attacks like a powerful physical blow and Flare. Luckily, the targets survived all those attacks. My strategy was to do all the damage I could with Terra while she was in Esper form and then deplete the HP left with Sabin and Edgar. I gave Shadow the Seraph magicite so he could have a support role in this battle.

A6r67.png
Nne76.png

At the end, Atma dies and Shadows leaves the group.

eOWqi.png
QJ2UT.png
RWGqs.png
MStCj.png

The time of the reckoning has come. The baddies try to make Celes do bad things, but she refuses and stabs that filthy rat called Kefka.

XBDhr.png
O1RzP.png
HQyqT.png
P1jA3.png

After that and some betrayals, Gestahl dies. How could he trust a crazy man like that? And then, Kefka begins moving the status. Doom & Gloom ®

RaMiX.png
kemUm.png

But Shadow saves the day (parcially) and the party can escape Kefka's wrath.

ANLkJ.png
CNDLg.png
h4woS.png

The continent crumbles under their feet, and the party has to flee. It seems Kefka has gained the power to create minions inspired in him, and they are going to obstruct the escape. The first one, Naghty, appears as a frecuent random encounter that can freeze a party member. It's more a time waster than it's dangerous. The final one is Nerapa, it casts Doom in everyone, but it's pretty easy to kill it before any counter runs out.

e6gsD.png
soz7H.png

Before going to the airship, the party waits for Shadow. I don't want to be blamed for his death.

Qkhdy.png
fxFiV.png
l55II.png
HIcbs.png

The destruction sequence commences. It was an unforgettable day.

End of Act 1.

ATF487

Ultros looks so weird in the FF13 engine.

Just put on a pot of coffee, hoping to beat FF1 today. Two crystals down and now with upgraded characters! I'm playing the PSP version, not sure how Aeana beat it in 4 hours but I like this port. It's easy.

edit: ugh Chaos is really hard if you don't have a white wizard, my characters are level 47 or so but I have to do some grinding

edit 2: fuck that, caravan potions made it easier. onto ff4 cc now, i think

Heropon

5jbbP.png
Bc0wz.png
70qel.png

This chapter begins with Celes getting out of a coma. Cid has been watching over her all the time.

3Jc7Q.png
yWsQE.png
WTlCm.png
NyLhs.png

In return, she feeds him fishes until he recovers.

GYasB.png
6JEkl.png
n1zrY.png
RIDnv.png

When he feels better, it's time to reveal her a raft so she can get out of there.

APQkI.png
1rl7Y.png
vIApB.png

Investigating around the first town she encounters, Albrook, she discovers that Kefka is some kind of god that destroys everyone who opposes him. What a terrible fate! Celes unchecks the Albrook town box, there isn't any friends in there.

4jTMb.png
kwjG1.png
quZjp.png
7fvHI.png

Where there are friends is in Tzen, where Sabin is holding a house after an impact of the light of judgment. Celes rescues the kid that is inside the mansion and Sabin joins her.

7TFoQ.png
Yaj6o.png
DZlP3.png
fzZma.png

Their next destination is the town of Mobliz. This town is the most post-apocalyptic one that they have visited until now. There are only kids in there.

3sb7w.png
on4pk.png
lrga6.png
RJdKC.png

Terra is taking care of them and tells the story of the town's destruction.

mc2hd.png
f2lEb.png
XVZFS.png
Gtf3l.png

Terra isn't in the mood of fighting, she's so weak that even cures the enemy. Of course, Phunbaba knocks her down. Sabin and Celes have to take care of it (after having the luck of not being hit by 1000 needles).

u7lYo.png
JV3VD.png

Terra isn't of much help and she doesn't come. The reward for doing this little arc of the Terra's recruitment sidequest is the Fenrir magicite.

bEO0I.png
yQfqj.png
W8fiT.png
CRG73.png

In the town of Nikeah, the couple find Edgar, but he tries to hide his identity from them, or at least from the Crimsom Robbers, his new gang.

boUZQ.png
zxyaQ.png
c7DHr.png
MQdSr.png

The next step in the Celes harassment plan is following Edgar to South Figaro and then through some caves.

WFK1k.png
aUjuU.png

At last, they enter in Figaro Castle and get the royal crown, that improves several stats to the royal family member who equips it.

iJKK5.png
nHtN0.png
X6qjV.png

And they find the problem that mantains the castle buried. Edgar teams with them for the fight. This boss is more annoying than anything, each of its parts can kidnap a party member and drain his/her HP. Seeing this, the best strategy is to focus in one of them. The bottom left one is weak to fire so it's a good one to begin with.

wQo64.png
LLvul.png
T5yxo.png
tRIEV.png

Edgar explains his reasons for doing all those strange things and the Crimson Robbers are left without another boss. They have pilfered all those chests, but they have left the most precious treasure.

a7utX.png

A new item for Edgar is available at this point.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Nice, pretty much where you are now. Still have to go fetch Gogo and Umaro but I think I'm not strong enough for the monsters at Gogo's lair and if I remember there's some Pug's at Umaro's place that I want to steal stuff from but I should be stronger first. Right now I'm doing some grinding in the ancient castle - boost some stats for Locke and Setzer. Though the latter is completely weak and useless with his basic stats I like to make him ridicously powerful :).

Heropon

Nice, pretty much where you are now. Still have to go fetch Gogo and Umaro but I think I'm not strong enough for the monsters at Gogo's lair and if I remember there's some Pug's at Umaro's place that I want to steal stuff from but I should be stronger first. Right now I'm doing some grinding in the ancient castle - boost some stats for Locke and Setzer. Though the latter is completely weak and useless with his basic stats I like to make him ridicously powerful :).

I have a bias against Setzer, does he perform well in any area?

Chocobo racing, Chapter 6-8:
pic_0071.png
pic_0128.png
pic_0188.png

Yeah, I'm not writing individual notes for these. Three more characters with blue crystals (which you find out are called Magicite) are beaten and join you, which at this point seems to be all of the playable characters in the game. Music is still good, Behemoth's theme (Crystal Cave, FF3) is one of the better ones.
Edit: Almost forgot, the Floating Gardens track uses FF5's ending theme and is awesome.
pic_0086-1.png
pic_0183.png
pic_0203.png

You don't actually have to come in first to beat a chapter, you just have to beat the story character for that chapter. Most of the time these are the same thing, but it can happen otherwise. You might notice that case was an example of an earlier strategy being used against me.
pic_0102.png
pic_0174.png
pic_0217.png

Chapter end, but not story end, since none of these characters look sufficiently like a final boss.
pic_0227.png
pic_0229.png

Jucksalbe

Banned
Summary updated (Part 1):

Final Fantasy

Aeana PSP: Part 1A, 1B, 2, 3, 4
Scythian PSP: Part 1, 2, 3
perfect free iOS: Part 1, 2, 3
Cyan NES: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
catchan PSP: Part 1, 2
BreakyBoy PSX: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Jucksalbe PSP: Part 1, 2, 3, 4
kswiston PSP: Part 1, 2, 3, 4
Heropon PSP: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
IdreamofHIME : Part 1
Entropia GBA: Part 1, 2, 3
Ourobolus GBA: Part 1, 2
ATF487 PSP: Part 1

Final Fantasy II

Aeana PSP: Part 1, 2, 3, 4
Goli PSP: Part 1
Heropon PSP: Part 1, 2, 3
charlequin : Part 1, 2
Johnas : Part 1, 2
Ultratech GBA: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Ourobolus iOS: Part 1, 2, 3, 4
Entropia : Part 1, 2, 3
Chris25 iOS: Part 1, 2
IdreamofHIME : Part 1
Scythian PSP: Part 1

Final Fantasy III

Aeana Famicom: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Jucksalbe Famicom; Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 , 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
stupei DS: Part 1, 2, 3
Heropon DS: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
TranceKuja Famicom: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Entropia DS: Part 1, 2, 3
Ourobolus Famicom: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Psxphile DS: Part 1, 2

Final Fantasy IV

Absoludacrous PSP: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Jucksalbe PSP: Part 1, 2
itzknickknac PSP: Part 1
Goli PSP: Part 1, 2, 3
Aeana PSP: Part 1, 2
Zing SNES: Part 1
Heropon PSP: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Kalnos DS: Part 1
Zerokku PSP: Part 1
Paches-EJ- SNES: Part 1, 2
Ourobolus PSP: Part 1
Red Scarlet SNES: Part 1, 2

Final Fantasy IV - The After Years

Electivirus PSP: Part 1, 2, 3

Final Fantasy V

HiddenWings GBA: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
Labadal : Part 1, 2, 3, 4
Aeana SFC: Part 1, 2
Schnei871 : Part 1
Entropia : Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Heropon GBA: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Final Fantasy VI

Vamphuntr PSX: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
FrontalMonk : Part 1
Aeana : Part 1, 2, 3, 4
Entropia : Part 1, 2
Natetan : Part 1, 2, 3
Heropon SNES: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
FGMPR PSX: Part 1
Rei_Toei : Part 1, 2

Jucksalbe

Banned
Summary (Part 2), sorry for the double post, the first one exceeded the character limit:

Final Fantasy VII

Gravijah : Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Lindsay : Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, Bonus
StuBurns : Part 1
Entropia : Part 1

Final Fantasy VIII

SFGamer : Part 1
chris-013 : Part 1
Wildesy : Part 1
xist : Part 1

Final Fantasy IX

Billychu : Part 1, 2, 3
Lactose_Intolerant : Part 1

Final Fantasy XIII

Rahxephon91 : Part 1, 2
Seda: Part 1
Ourobolus: Part 1

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Labadal : Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Locke_211: Part 1, 2

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Goli : Part 1

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (Legend)

Jucksalbe SNES: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Dark Schala SNES: Part 1, 2, 3, 4

Seiken Densetsu / Final Fantasy Adventure / Mystic Quest

Jucksalbe SGB: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Chocobo Racing

Jucksalbe: Part 1
HiddenWings: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Bonus: If you want to take screenshots on your PSP, follow Stumpokapow's instructions here and here.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I'm almost sad you finished your playthrough. It was fun tracking your progress through almost the whole thread (beginning at post 284, up to post 1616). I hope Chocobo Racing lasts at least until post 3000.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Thanks. It would be nice if you could link to multiple posts at once, so that there's just one link for each playthrough, but I haven't found a way to do that yet. Would probably save a bunch of characters, too.

Heropon

lWrjT.png
WCI9v.png
gAh3d.png

If you didn't know, I recruit you because of that airship (and having 12 non-Gau and non-Umaro characters for the Kefka Tower), not because of your skills, ok?

rYllS.png
OFQhG.png
Wu2jg.png
I4Awj.png

This is a place with monsters with a habit of zombifying people. Luckily, they also have the custom of giving lots of revivifies. There is a puzzle that involves switches and stepping on turtles.

A9vj7.png
fLD6b.png
s9SVf.png

There's also a puzzle involving the writing of an epitaph that allows the characters to get a growth egg.

0xdGh.png
Td7Lq.png

Boss-in-a-chest: This friend of Welch attacks even when it's hidden inside its shell. Setzer did something useful for the once in his life and killed it in one hit. The reward is a Dragon Claw for Sabin.

TJyae.png
uC0Vi.png

Boss, Dullahan: He likes to spam ice attacks. Sometimes, he even attacks with Holy and Prime Level Holy. It isn't easy, but not much difficult.

DAL5F.png
i1KM8.png
VdvQZ.png

I like how they made this part, with the memories on the background.

6NTqy.png
Mb3kI.png

And the party recieves the Invincible Falcon. It's time to search for the remaining friends.

iR53z.png

Ups, I forgot to take this little thing.

RmXHn.png
nkaZk.png
eyruk.png
WeaeN.png

See those trees? There's a good surprise in there. Thanks to Duncan, Sabin learns Bum Rush, an overpowered Blitz. This man should visit his wife one day.

xTdbQ.png

There's a magicite that teaches Haste2/Hastega and Slow2/Slowga in the island where Celes awakened.

W7rjv.png
UR5oy.png
3mf4T.png
g9jIe.png

It's time to finish the recruitment of Terra. Phunbaba is easier with four characters and Bum Rush. At the end of the battle, it removes two party members.

nOw9e.png
XYQTn.png
iqKds.png
oBGUu.png

Terra comes in and starts spamming Bio while Sabin spams Bum Rush. He dies easily.

T5aKH.png
DEbBI.png
9JAGR.png
uJJFS.png

At last, Terra joins the party. Goodbye, Setzer!

K2prb.png

Now that there are five characters in the group, we can change party members and choose to have three. That allows them to recruit Gau (6/14).

PHNKH.png
xr2hJ.png
tYaF6.png

There was a persecution with a pidgeon as soon as they got the airship, now it's time to go to Maranda to see what happened with that animal. Thanks to that, they discover Cyan's location.

L2GeU.png
uysje.png
MKTo5.png
k0x6j.png

Thanks to the only person that doesn't lie in the town, they are capable of going to Mount Zozo. There are kleptomaniac bears teached by the town inhabitants.

Gw0dr.png
6yvq3.png
7Nzvg.png

Good, a copy of the item I didn't choose before.

eAuxP.png
M4e5G.png
LCXmF.png
qGQSn.png

At the end of the dungeon, Cyan joins the party (7/14).

p1dCs.png
NNBRm.png
ON7oI.png

The next mission is lifting the curse in Owzer Mansion paintings. I have to warn people, there's a very nasty enemy that throws knives that do a lot of damage (~1500 HP with the most lethal knife).

olH20.png
WBaoW.png
vKo5T.png
s0Qtx.png

Boss: It has two forms with two separate amounts of HP. The second one is weak to fire and it's easier to beat, but it counterattacks with electric attacks.

MkVQG.png
zxXYs.png
j72Ja.png

Relm joins the party (8/14) and we get the Starlet (Lakshmi) magicite.

LB5tA.png
W8HQ8.png
1KZih.png

With Relm in the group it's time to recruit Strago (9/14).

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Heropon: you could've gotten 2 Dragon Claws :p.

Jucksalbe: thanks for the summary! I dropped in late and it's fun reading through it this way.

I'm almost sad you finished your playthrough. It was fun tracking your progress through almost the whole thread (beginning at post 284, up to post 1616). I hope Chocobo Racing lasts at least until post 3000.

I don't know if it'll last quite that long, but I have taken about 900 screenshots of it so far...

For comparison, a total of 1969 screenshots were taken for FF5.

Heropon

Heropon: you could've gotten 2 Dragon Claws :p.

Jucksalbe: thanks for the summary! I dropped in late and it's fun reading through it this way.

How?
I have a better claw now, anyways.
I've done half of the WoR sidequests, I thought it would last me more...

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
How?
I have a better claw now, anyways.
I've done half of the WoR sidequests, I thought it would last me more...

If you kill the Presenter and the shell at the same time, you get two. Can do with the cheap vanish/xzone trick or with Shoat/petrify.

By the way, I forgot to get Golem in the WoB. Is it still possible to get him in the WoR?

Heropon

If you kill the Presenter and the shell at the same time, you get two. Can do with the cheap vanish/xzone trick or with Shoat/petrify.

By the way, I forgot to get Golem in the WoB. Is it still possible to get him in the WoR?

A quick search tells me that it isn't too late to get that magicite. Now that I remember, I think that I got it in the WoR the first time.

finally able to finish ff13-2 is was a quite a journey especially the last boss. i give it 9/10. theres some good and bad points of the game. is not too bad. but is an alright sequel i really hope to play ff vs 13 somepoint this time next year. lets hope square wraps up this 6 year old fabula nova crystallis saga!

Heropon

qawFN.png
J8WSQ.png
o5ZsX.png

There's a new cave in the Veldt. Who wants two dragon claws when there are better weapons around the corner?

bda6k.png
ysRvV.png
GbQSr.png
OOKwz.png

Oh, no! Shadow is in danger!
Boss, Señor Béjimo: It has some powerful attacks like a magic that is called Meteor (but that it isn't the magic the characters can learn). When the monster dies, another one appears. This one is undead, so Life takes care of it.

sZ2Ew.png
uyQr1.png
LCCcR.png
ksfIY.png

The party takes "her" to Strago's home. They leave the house a moment and when they return he is already gone.

hz5EU.png
bJdqg.png
wUqBm.png
xz83J.png

Next stop, the Dragon Neck Coliseum. Ultros shows his face again, but he isn't aggresive this time. We're going to recruit that Shadow guy. I'm tougher than you thought, huh?

SMviB.png

Shadow joins the party! (10/14)

S6t9K.png
0JNHv.png
FoYLm.png
1ccse.png

The next sidquests are in Narshe. First, we recruit Mog again (11/14).

9Mloy.png
MLw28.png

If we want to get the Sasquatch, we need Mog in the party.

fbgua.png
spl6I.png
4VWhh.png

Valigarmanda is in the middle of the way, and it's time to settle things with him. He's weak to fire attacks andthe esper attacks with ice.

BFxlJ.png
eWepT.png
sUGXo.png

It seems the boss was actually the ice that covered the esper. And we get the magicite that teaches the third tier of elemental spells.

zIXEd.png
NFzFc.png
5GIwq.png
UydDo.png

The heroes fall to Umaro's cavern and they find the Midgardsormr magicite.

boQ60.png
K6UY6.png
CgPHY.png

Umaro gets angry because the party has stolen the magicite and attacks them. He is an ice based creature, so the party attacks in consequence.

FXwDh.png
qqBmG.png
ZiiqY.png

Umaro joins the party (12/14).

wzkbQ.png
ez6EQ.png
aeHDy.png

The next stop is triangle island, where the Zone Eater awaits. It swallows the entire party (after spamming Demi at Relm) and they end up in its belly, that is made of rock?

HP1XP.png
2AcFG.png
GSafH.png

First trial: There are three rows of bridges with mean people in them, if they touch you, the party will fall to the bottom floor. There are some nice items in this room.

FkQIN.png
3Nzey.png

Second trial, party sandwich: The ceiling falls and can crush the poor characters => GAME OVER.

nWhnG.png
yz6GP.png
7RH3M.png
n9Fsf.png

The third room has some chests that act as springboards. At the end of the cave, the group finds their thirteenth party member, Gogo.

qUy9Z.png
JNluh.png
EjgZ4.png

The party feels lucky and they go to kill DeathGaze. I wasn't on the mood of searching for it again, so Vanish+Doom took care of it. Reward: Bahamut (Flare x2).

SFdVT.png
PHp6L.png
qDkOX.png
qEJW4.png

There's only one party member left, and he is inside this cave. At first, it's needed to form two groups. I call the first one the VIP group, and the second, the Moogle Charm group. There are some empty chests inside, but they have a purpose.

B3nFV.png
TrMFQ.png

The groups keep collaborating and they find some nice treasure apart from empty chests.

YZ0go.png
642sp.png
2SeTR.png

At the bottom of the cave they find Locke with the Phoenix magicite.

hbOYl.png
PwaMb.png
USxuN.png

;_; It seems that Locke took almost all the treasure in the last cave.

ZpoPv.png
O8nSw.png
XgkQX.png

With Locke in the group, it's time to get the Ragnarok magicite (Ultima x1).

Heropon

Oqa16.png
RjbjJ.png
B3dcj.png

If we want to go to an optional place, we need to use the Figaro diving functions.

43HsM.png
gti89.png
vFsdu.png
uGoMg.png

There's a boss-in-a-box in the cave and it contains a dangerous monster. It spams Tornado (W Wind), so there should be a character ready to cast Curaga (Cure3) at any time. It rewards with the Gradius knife along some blue magics.

kZARV.png
JrXyq.png
dfYw1.png

The party arrives at an underground castle and Odin's story is told.

Gt8lI.png
qon80.png
U8vGf.png

There's another optional boss inside a chest. He's problematic, as it attacks with very powerful attacks. He gives a pretty nice reward, a relic that makes the user attack four times when the attack command is selected.

so4YD.png

The party finds the Odin magicite in the throne room. I'll be back later.

nyD0o.png
nMg6b.png
FwoJB.png

Next place to go, Doma. Even alarm clocks have elixirs. Our heroes need a rest, so they go to sleep in this obviously peaceful place.

PnmuY.png
4If4Z.png
Ifn8j.png

The Three Dream Stooges invade Cyan's dreams. We have to save him.

VBwSW.png
GkWZD.png
FIZHP.png

Sabin, Terra and Locke get separated and Locke has to find the others.

653a9.png
t3UIr.png
Oh4s5.png
JI7xS.png

When Terra joins them, it's time to attack those little freaks. I don't remember if they revive themselves, so the solution is using brute force and it works.

nRn6j.png
3g8pE.png
9K4cP.png
WiLxT.png

The next area is based on the Phantom Train. It's important to remember that this is the only chance to get this Genji Glove (it seems like all the Genji Gloves are missables so far).

spm2I.png

It's important to remember the position of the opened and closed chests to continue the adventure.

OBeYd.png
RVtIS.png
nqhpy.png

The next area is a nostalgia trip. Terra conserves her old magitek skills. I'd bring her to this sidequest even if she weren't one of my favourite characters.

bB3gf.png
VhrWu.png
2yWw5.png

After all those dreams, the party can finally battle the last boss of this place.

bcg8x.png

He possesses one of the characters and shows when he/she kicks the bucket. I think there was some trick, but I didn't remember and then I killed characters.

W3pvf.png
ZBgF3.png
ny4bs.png

This quest has three rewards: Masamune (Aura), Alexander and all of Cyan's abilities (useless).

mfEwe.png
cNBUm.png

After all those sidequests, it's time to take care of all those underleveled characters and teach them something. Offering is good to kill the Catuars and the Striker+Assassin dagger+offering combo for the worms (or Setzer-killers, he's that pathetic).

Ourobolus

Banned
All right, some FFIV:CC progress. I didn't install the screenshot tool until I got to Troia, so that's where we'll start!
pic_0004.jpg
pic_0004-1.jpg

Started off with my least favorite dungeon, the damn "magnetic" one. Dark Elf is easy, though his second form is a little bit more of a pain in the ass.

Anyway, onward to the Tower of Zot, where I'm faced with Archfiend #3, Barbariccia (Valvalis!), who is pretty easy.
pic_0005.jpg
pic_0009.jpg

Then, down to the underworld, where I fight several bosses, through the Tower of Babil, and up to the surface, where I meet Edge and then kill his parents. Oh yeah, Archfiend #4, Rubicante is there, but again, he's pretty easy.
pic_0010.jpg
pic_0011.jpg

pic_0014.jpg

pic_0015.jpg
pic_0016.jpg
pic_0017.jpg

pic_0021.jpg
pic_0022.jpg

pic_0023.jpg
pic_0024.jpg

And time to do a little bit of sidequesting so I can get a few more summons for Rydia...
pic_0025.jpg
pic_0026.jpg

pic_0028.jpg

And then to the Sealed Cave, just because I really really really want someone to betray me for like the thirtieth time.
pic_0029.jpg
pic_0030.jpg

I'll see you again in FF7.

Then I somehow make it to the moon. Huzzah!
pic_0031.jpg

Off to go get Bahamut, with a Behemoth or three along the way...
pic_0032.jpg

pic_0033.jpg

Back to the Blue Planet, where I have to kill Shinj---I mean the Giant of Babil. Yay. Oh, and the Archfiends, AGAIN. Cagnazzo was the only real pain here, I don't know why, though.
pic_0034.jpg

pic_0035.jpg
pic_0038.jpg

And next time, hopefully this dreadful game can be done.

Top Bottom