• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In other signs of the apocalypse: Tay-Swizzle rumored to be making R&B/hip-hop album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Sun via Jezebel via Stereogum.

We understand Taylor is exploring the new urban sound in the studio at the moment and has roped in a man who knows a thing or two about that world — new pal DRAKE.

A source said: “Taylor is always looking at ways to grow as an artist and really wants to try something different and unexpected for the next album.

“She’s not afraid of experimenting so is working with a lot of different faces to see if she suits a new sound.

“The remix of her song Bad Blood had a less pop vibe — especially once KENDRICK LAMAR featured on it — and was a big hit, so she thinks her fans will like her going in this direction.

“Drake has been her friend for a while and it seemed a no-brainer that she would spend time in the studio with him.

“As well as writing with Taylor, he’s producing a few tracks and even lent his vocals to one song.

“It’s a real mix of edgier hip-hop and R&B sounds.”

While the information is probably 100% wrong, it's incredibly funny to think about Taylor going from country all the way to the opposite side of the genre spectrum for her new sound. Going from this:
636001333779339431-1038717664_636001279101942906991216364_taylor%2520swift%2520tim%2520mcgraw.gif
to this:

That sounds about right. Something deeply ironic about a pop star beloved by white nationalists co-opting a traditionally black musical art for her own pop purposes.

Corrupted by D-Money, Shifty, and Smoothie, of course.

wow every black person in maine had a hand in this. we need to stop this madness.

"Blac Chyna fuckin’ Rob, help him with the weight"

Bleach my asshole if this is too artistic for the Grammy awards.
Damn son, ease up off that salt.

If you didn't get the beautiful juxtaposition of clothes and assholes along with the Dadaist sentiment powering that set of bars, you clearly don't deserve to listen to music.
The sarcasm should be painfully obvious.

I'd rather take the occasional bar about bleached assholes than ever-present lyrical mediocrity e.g. "6 upside down its a nine now", "bars heavy like triple XL", "All these handouts, man, it's getting outta hand", "LOLOL, I'm glad you find this shit amusing", "You toyin' with it like a Happy Meal", and so on and so forth.

riotous

Banned
Damn son, ease up off that salt.

If you didn't get the beautiful juxtaposition of clothes and assholes along with the Dadaist sentiment powering that set of bars, you clearly don't deserve to listen to music.
The sarcasm should be painfully obvious.

I'd rather take the occasional bar about bleached assholes than ever-present lyrical mediocrity e.g. "6 upside down its a nine now", "bars heavy like triple XL", "All these handouts, man, it's getting outta hand", "LOLOL, I'm glad you find this shit amusing", "You toyin' with it like a Happy Meal", and so on and so forth.

What salt? Just making a Kanye joke. He also has like 20 Grammys. I'm not a big Drake fan either; he usually annoys me as a rapper. His pop songs are alright though; and similarly I like 808s Kanye more than recent Kanye.

What salt? Just making a Kanye joke. He also has like 20 Grammys.
Completely misread that, then.

It's just that most every argument I read against "TLOP" always features criticism of those 4 lines out of 16 songs, so I've become conditioned to react against that.

I'd rather Kanye get one more Grammy, than Drake get his second one for his worst album. He rightfully won for "Take Care" and he'll wrongfully win for "VIEWS".

Cagey

Banned
This is some major bullshit.

I'm still waiting on the Swizzy/Harris EDM album of the eternity.*

I need that before Drake and Swift reinvent the love song and the breakup song again.

*will gladly accept the superior Harris/Rihanna duo filling out an album instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom