• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In the first Spiderman movie, how did Peter make his suit?

Phediuk

I mean that's some really sophisticated work, with high-quality materials.

they just kinda gloss over it in the movie.

- J - D -

Not many movies really cover the piecemeal development of the hero's suit. I can only think of one right now, and it's Batman Begins.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Not many movies really cover the piecemeal development of the hero's suit. I can only think of one right now, and it's Batman Begins.

And he had a defense contractor's R&D department.

The first suit in the cave, I guess. The other ones were created using magic.

The Supergirl show showed the piecemeal development of the suit.

From her saying she would not wear this:
1791727800ae898bbf29d6d4e46ddd78.gif

To finally settling on this:
36dde6b565a97d66c8d44fe793731164.gif

And then they talk about fabrics, logos, etc. It was a fun montage.

Again, saved by the power of montage!

Lace

Deadpool has a good one where he goes through several iterations.
There's still a big unexplained jump from shitty costume Deadpool to professional quality outfit. Iron Man might be the best example of the superhero having the resources to build their costume. Best just to ignore it since the costume is a requirement for every comic book hero.

I mean... the MCU Spidey seems to be doing this.

He's totally going to have a new suit by the end of Homecoming I'd bet. (Or the same one de-Starked)

Defuser

If you can buy liquid nitrogen/helium/gallium.etc at industrial shops it's not that hard to source high quality materials from a industrial textile shop. Plus he has super reflexes and precision so sewing is no problem for him.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I've said this like 10 times over the past three months but I really need to sit down and marathon the entire Arrowverse from start to finish.

If not just to see what caused IGN to give that Arrow finale a 10 this year.

Kyne

I've said this like 10 times over the past three months but I really need to sit down and marathon the entire Arrowverse from start to finish.

If not just to see what caused IGN to give that Arrow finale a 10 this year.

It got a 10 because it featured one of the, if not the best super hero villain on screen (this includes all DC/Marvel movies).

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I should watch Supergirl....

Is it actually any good?

Not.... really?

Like, the actress who plays Supergirl is absolutely delightful. You'll find yourself smiling when she's onscreen just because she's so damn likable, but the actual story and character stuff usually isn't all that great.

It's the only one of the DC shows on the CW that I don't bother watching.

That said, it's all up on Netflix so if you have a subscription it couldn't hurt to give it a shot.

IIRC, the pilot is actually awful, but the show is actually better than that episode.

MoeDabs

It got a 10 because it featured one of the, if not the best super hero villain on screen (this includes all DC/Marvel movies).

I havnt kept up with Arrow but I have a feeling I know what villain that would be. I kinda want to catch back up if a certain someone makes a return.

Slaythe

The Supergirl show showed the piecemeal development of the suit.

From her saying she would not wear this:
1791727800ae898bbf29d6d4e46ddd78.gif

To finally settling on this:
36dde6b565a97d66c8d44fe793731164.gif

And then they talk about fabrics, logos, etc. It was a fun montage.

Again, saved by the power of montage!

That is a terribly inferior version of what Lois and Clark did.

Clark's costumes were so genius.

Sou Da

He used his professional concept artist skills that he apparently has and makes no money off of to bring it to life.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
That is a terribly inferior version of what Lois and Clark did.

Clark's costumes were so genius.
Did he go through different idea with his mum? Were some (all?) of them joke takes on other super hero costumes? I'm sure there was one that looks like the Cap. America outfit with strips on the chest and a shiny Daredevil one? This all feels like to was 100 years ago so I could have made all that up.

Also I think I'll check out Supergirl this weekend...

LiK

By the power of editing.

Seriously, I was annoyed how they glossed over that when I watched it in theaters.

I wonder if you need a reputation first before going to that guy in the comic (Leo Zelinsky) who does / fixes the suits for all the heroes and villains depending on the day of the week.

Slaythe

Did he go through different idea with his mum? Were some (all?) of them joke takes on other super hero costumes? I'm sure there was one that looks like the Cap. America outfit with strips on the chest and a shiny Daredevil one? This all feels like to was 100 years ago so I could have made all that up.

Also I think I'll check out Supergirl this weekend...

liLGHC.jpg

Top Bottom