• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In this thread we post prototypes/pre-production or rare consoles and peripherals

Rezbit

pn18 said:
Nintendo-64-1.jpg

I was so disappointed when I found out they renamed it plain-old "Nintendo 64."

That has a badass name with a badass black controller (with concave stick!). Oh well, I still heart you, N64.

Acosta

Dev kits are awesome, how hard are they to collect (is even legal?)

I was so disappointed when I found out they renamed it plain-old "Nintendo 64."

Ultra 64 sold the Nintendo 64 for me, it was the system of Silicon Graphic, of unseen graphics like Killer Instinct, a machine from the future itself. I was really disappointed with the change of name.

nightside

Thread delivers!

Those famicom prototype are awesome!

Acosta said:
Ultra 64 sold the Nintendo 64 for me, it was the system of Silicon Graphic, of unseen graphics like Killer Instinct, a machine from the future itself. I was really disappointed with the change of name.

Project Reality!

Chris R

<insert photo of first run Xbox controller>

Seriously I don't know how they got something SO wrong, but atleast they redeemed themselves with the S.

jts

...hate me...
UnholySpectacle said:
But the PSX was really like that, wasn't it?
Yeah, but it's a rare machine so it's fine. Good pics of Q or 64DD would also be appreciated :)

mr stroke

If anyone remembers this VR visor that SEGA was hyping for a long time and never came out.
Segavr.jpg

and the N64 DD was pretty much non-exsistant, and never came out in the US like it was supposed too-
untitled-1.jpg

64dd.jpg

careful

I have an old GamePlayers with a pic of a Sega Neptune. I'll see if I can still find the mag and scan it.

EDIT: Nevermind, here's one from the Interweb.

sega%20neptune.jpg

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
mio said:

How was that star thing supposed to work? Seriously. I can't even imagine that being used as an input device for anything.

Aadil said:

While that quite is possibly the worst face button layout I have ever seen, the D-pad actually looks significantly better than the awful Dual Shock/Sixaxis D-pad.

Civil

marwan said:
WTF is that? a floppy disk add-on? what for? and what's that thing connected to the yellow wire?
Read the paper, it's a ZIP 100MB drive. And I'm not sure about the other thing, but the cable looks a lot like ethernet. Maybe it's the BBA? I can kind of make out "LAN Card".

S-Wind

neptune.jpg

The SEGA Neptune: A SEGA Genesis + a SEGA 32X in one sleek console.

I don't know if it was designed to connect to any incarnation of the SEGA CD for the handful of 32X CD games that were released.

ChazAshley

Gold Member
I used to work at a mom and pop store called eStarland and the boss had some of the weirdest things I've ever seen in my gaming life.

One, in the back storage, there was this exercise bike that I always passed by when I went to the bathroom. I honestly thought it was just some random exercise bike that my boss kept there for storage but one day he mentioned that it was actually a controller for a Bicycling game for the SNES. I didn't believe him at first but he showed me the box for the actual game. Does anybody else know of this? I don't remember the name, but I can stop again to take some pictures.

Other stuff included, a misprint copy of Raiden for Playstation but the actual data on the CD was for another game named "Kilik's adventure" or something like that. The box, instruction book, all Raiden. but when you pop in the game, it was something else.

Limited edition Sakura Wars dreamcasts, hello kitty dreamcasts, and the limited edition 25th anniversary sonic dreamcast signed by it's creator and you could only win it on a gaming show in england.

btw, I realize that all the stuff I'm posting sounds like made up crap. I'll try to see if I can get pictures and post them.

edit: found the bike: http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/snes/peripherals/exertainment.html

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I kinda liked the flat gamecube looking Xbox360 proto. I remember when Microsoft leaked the pic of it sitting on a conference table so people would stop looking for real one.

Top Bottom