• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven coming to the UK

And here's the much-anticipated page on the Nintendo UK site that was sorely missed last year. :p

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/44110.html

Inazuma Eleven has already been turned into a popular manga series that has been broadcast on TV in Asia and parts of Europe, but from Monday 25th July the series will premiere in the UK on Disney XD at 8.30am.

That's not a great time slot. What kid watches TV at that time during the week.

I was wondering why this was on Disney XD the other day. (I was wondering more why Avengers was only being shown at half 10 at night though >_> )

Heh, if I'd known there was a solid date back a the start of the year it would have saved me the hassle of ordering from Games Basement. Great game though, well worth picking up.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Great news as the game shouldn't have ever been so hard to find and no way NoA will bring it over.

I already have an English import myself and I hope the rumor about IE 2 coming is true.

Takao

Banned
slaughterking said:
That's not a great time slot. What kid watches TV at that time during the week.

The dub is awful (and I don't mean that as a "lol all dubs are bad" way, I mean the acting is stiffer than the box the game comes in), so they're probably hoping the kids are still half asleep or something.

Reknoc

The morning time might not be so bad thinking about it. If it catchs kids while they're getting ready for school. I remember enjoying crappy anime while I was eating my breakfast.

Gravijah

Green Scar said:
I was wondering why this was on Disney XD the other day. (I was wondering more why Avengers was only being shown at half 10 at night though >_> )

what in the fuck is a half 10

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Reknoc said:
The morning time might not be so bad thinking about it. If it catchs kids while they're getting ready for school. I remember enjoying crappy anime while I was eating my breakfast.

So many people have Sky+ type services along with on-demand/catch-up services these days that it isn't really an issue, not for a show like this. I don't think many kids will have time to watch a cartoon at half 8 when school starts at 9.

Reknoc

Ushojax said:
So many people have Sky+ type services along with on-demand/catch-up services these days that it isn't really an issue, not for a show like this. I don't think many kids will have time to watch a cartoon at half 8 when school starts at 9.

True. I couldn't remember if schools started at 9 or 9:30, which I guess is pretty dumb of me since I see school kids walking to school when I leave to get somewhere by 9.

Xater

Zafir said:
I was answering the guy who asked for a brief summary earlier in the thread, here.

Ha! Didn't even notice.

Anyway, UK DS owners should definitely pick this up. It doesn't even matter if you are into football. Storyline is fun over the stop sport anime mixed with very neat battle mechanics you have not seen before.

Although I'm interested in Level 5's games, I just don't see myself importing this at the moment. So it seems people were correct that they were waiting for the anime to begin airing in the UK before they released the game. That way they can use it as a marketing tool.

But maybe if people can show me some good gameplay videos, I might change my mind. ;)

Nintendo of Europe is awesome at bringing niche games and stuff over. I just ordered Xenoblade Chronicles last night. :)

near

Gold Member
Shiggy said:
Is the TV series also coming? Otherwise this late release doesn't make any sense...
But well, let's see whether UK will also get Inazuma Eleven 2 later than the rest of Europe.

It's already started airing here on Disney XD.

Edit: beaten.

Sadist

Yeah, kinda surprised about the series. It just started.

I was like what

The game released like five months ago here in Holland

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
squall23 said:
It's only DSi games that aren't region free. All DSs can play any DS games from any region as long as it isn't classified as a DSi-enhanced game which it isn't in this game's case because the DSi wasn't even out yet when this game was made.

Sorry, I wasn't really talking about the DS, more like I was taking a stab at the 3DS NOT being region free. >>

Top Bottom