• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indecipherable GT metric irrefutably proves that the WiiU has bigger numbers than PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this thing from when watching GT's E3 coverage this year, and there were all these random statistics surrounding the live feed. Shit was annoying.

viveks86

Seriously? The GDEX is the most mercurial sentiment analysis algorithm I have seen. It changes so rapidly and arbitrarily that any discussion based on it is pointless. Damn, I just wasted a few seconds typing this. kthxbye!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
0146_dbuo6.gif

Artorias

Banned
Ahahahaha, wow. They literally could have just read what the GDEX spit out and come to the realization that it was obviously inaccurate.

But nope, post it as news instead. I guess it worked out since it got posted here.

parazen

Neo Member
"GDEX tracks how many times a game is mentioned on social media, but it also looks deeper. We look at the sentiment of conversation. Say something nice about a game and it will help the score increase; slam something and the opposite happens."

This is BS. The sentiment analysis you can wring out of a 140 character tweet is so fraught with error, it's not even worth doing. If you say "This game definitely does not suck." that would probably be counted as a negative sentiment. And even if they explicitly include "not suck" as a positive parameter, there are countless others.

LOL at the title change.

Also the Smash Bros number dropping. Looks like people were really disappointed by no Mewtwo reveal! (Lol smashgaf)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Every day more users buying WiiU :)
I see more threads on more and more GAFfers buying WiiU :)

This is biggest proof yet that tide is turning...

We are having more of these threads in last few months than ever...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom