• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Index Corp registers Persona5.jp

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnFire331

The PS4 currently has zero exclusive JRPGs announced that I know of. I think it's insane to be making statements like "the PS4 will be the only console that matters in terms of JRPGs," before the console is even out. I'm not even saying that won't necessarily true, I think it just reeks of the kind of fanboyism that we laugh at years down the line if it turns out to be false.

It has FFXV and KH3 announced for it, and the Wii U doesn't. I'm talking about games and not about exclusives. I'm not trying to start a console war here, so let's just drop it here.

I see a repeat of the Wii/PS3 for JRPGs. Wii U gets like one a year, PS4 gets more.

And yeah I know JRPG support for consoles were crap this gen. DS + PSP was my favorite combo since it gave me dem JRPGs.

I went DS + PSP for the first four years of the generation and now I've a huge console backlog ;_;

GamerJM

Banned
Weren't you just touting X like it was going to be some holy saviour of JRPGs tho? Same thing. It's all speculation ya'll its nawt that serious

No I wasn't, you're misinterpreting my post. I was saying that you can't say that the PS4 will be the only console relevant for JRPGs before the gen has really even started, especially if another console has a JRPG in the works that has a decent amount of hype behind it. I don't think the Wii U will be some JRPG powerhouse, in fact I'd say it's more likely for the PS4 to be one.

Silky

Banned
Poorest graphics and least comfortable controller of all realistic options. Bad system for lengthy game sessions due to short battery life and neck pain and hand cramps caused by adapting to narrow 3D viewing angles.

I would rather the game came out on WiiU than 3DS, even though I don't own a WiiU and do own a 3DS.

1) Buy an XL?
2) Vita has the same battery life as the 3DS. 4-5 hours.
3) You can turn the 3D off, otherwise the same could be said about the Vita.

I swear, this hyperbole about Persona 5 being "dumbed" down on it being a 3DS is downright crazy. It won't harm the game graphically at all, speed wise, content wise, etc considering what the 3DS is capable of. It has had games that proved itself in the graphics dept. KH3D, Kid Icarus, Heroes of Ruin, etc...

End of the day, multiplatform is the way to go.

.JayZii

Banned
I just want to see the reveal trailer and then go on media blackout. I haven't done that with a game in ages; Persona is worth it.

LuuKyK

1) Buy an XL?

I swear, this hyperbole about Persona 5 being "dumbed" down on it being a 3DS is downright crazy. It won't harm the game graphically at all, speed wise, content wise, etc considering what the 3DS is capable of. It has had games that proved itself in the graphics dept. KH3D, Kid Icarus, Heroes of Ruin, etc...

I dont think he is comparing the 3DS to the Vita, more like saying that home consoles are better options than portables in this case. And I totally agree btw.

ohlawd

If "dumbed down" means FES -> Portable then you won't hear any complaints from me.

Point and click is the way to go.

OnFire331

1) Buy an XL?

I wouldn't want it on Vita either if that's what you're getting at. I'd want it at minimum PS3/360.

OnFire331

If "dumbed down" means FES -> Portable then you won't hear any complaints from me.

I liked exploring the city in Persona 3... But Portable gave full control over your party members and that makes it the better version for replays (fucking Marin Karin). Also FeMC.

After Persona 4 Golden, I wouldn't mind a portable persona(preferably vita since the screen is better). However, I want this on the big screen with Catherine's graphics. PS3/360/PS4/One/Wii U, I don't care, give me Persona 5.

majorscud

I'm really hoping this doesn't get announced for current gen consoles.

3DS, PSV, XBO, PS4, PC, or WiiU would be awesome.

Daimaou

While I wouldn't say I hated it, point and click plus VN talking heads felt like a pretty big step back from Vanilla/FES's presentation.

I bought P3P for FeMC, and also because I am an enormous sucker.

1) Buy an XL?

It wouldn't look as good as Catherine, which is probably what he meant.

PK Gaming

Things that need to be brought back...

Contacts: Now just to be clear, I didn't say "bring back the tarot system." Make them unrelated to getting Personas or whatever, I don't care... just bring back this amazing feature.

Fusion spells: I'm not talking about Persona 3's lame ass fusion spell system. It's when 2 or more characters team up to use a really strong spell... naturally they would have to balance them (since they tended to be broken...) but they were so awesome.

Other party members being able to switch Persona: Self explanatory. The concept of the wild card is nice, but they can still keep it (just make the fool compatible with ALL persona) and let your party members switch Persona with varying compatibility). They'd probably have to use a different system, since the one more system + persona switching = near infinite amount of extra turns.

Kyon

Banned
Point and Click

iPL9kgOaLyvLH.gif

This is a big reason why P3P is an abomination. FES>>>

Disgusting Vile downgraded Trash. Either the entire console experience or dont bother tbh

LuchaShaq

Banned
At this point I just want it, the only game that could make me buy certain platforms that I'm not interested in otherwise.

Seda

I never played P3P but I never really had an issue with the AI party in FES. Including Mitsuru - yes she did have 1 or two worthless Marin Karins, but it wasn't a big deal. Never caused me problems.

Actually it was kind of amusing when one of the members started racking up 'super effective' attacks and combos demolishing a group of enemies by themselves. For some reason this seemed to usually be Akihiko.

Eh, whatever. Played P3P with 70+ hours. Enjoyed the Visual Novel style, enjoyed the graphics, the point n click didn't bother me at ALL.

Loved it.

Meia

A soul-less husk. Really. Static backgrounds. Point and click mess. Do not want ever

Agreed.

I played Fes a few times when it came out, then I played 3 Portable a bit later, so it was fresh and enjoyable. Then after playing Fes on the PSN release a few months ago, my mind was blown. Moving around a big world is a very different experience, and you lose a bit when you "god-mode" transport everywhere. It was also nice how, guessing it's intended, how much bigger all the areas you moved around in were in comparison to 4's small town of Inaba. That dorm was ENORMOUS.

Blueblur1

I never played P3P but I never really had an issue with the AI party in FES. Including Mitsuru - yes she did have 1 or two worthless Marin Karins, but it wasn't a big deal. Never caused me problems.

Actually it was kind of amusing when one of the members started racking up 'super effective' attacks and combos demolishing a group of enemies by themselves. For some reason this seemed to usually be Akihiko.

I had them mess up pretty often. Usually it was no big deal except when they did it on sub-bosses/bosses.

Never had a problem with the AI in Persona 3. Main character is already overpowered and you can easily command your teammates. I used my bro Junpei, Aki, and Yukari. They were all useful enough that I think I only saw a few game overs in my first playthorugh.

I agree, I never had much trouble with the AI in FES. Koromaru actually was a bit of a surprise in his efficiency; I owe my victory over the Reaper to him. Even using Mitsuru for most of The Answer didn't really cause much frustration or Marin Karins.

Hoping for a PS3/360/possibly Wii U release, though. Don't really want to purchase a PS4 or Wii U just for this game.

KmA

I like how people are acting as if the Persona games are some technical marvels. Atlus games in general don't push the hardware they are running on. They usually feature graphics that aren't all that impressive, but the art style implementation makes up for it. So the platform doesn't really matter since the truth is even if it is release on X360/PS3, it would probably have graphics that are capable on a Vita or even 3DS (p3p style).

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I never did either, when I used Mitsuru (which wasn't often), the whole MARIN FUCKING KARIN thing is just grossly exaggerated for comedic effect. :p

I like how people are acting as if the Persona games are some technical marvels. Atlus games in general don't push the hardware they are running on. They usually feature graphics that aren't all that impressive, but the art style implementation makes up for it. So the platform doesn't really matter since the truth is even if it is release on X360/PS3, it would probably be able to be fully functional on a Vita or ported to 3DS (p3p style).
I think people just want the console experience. Many have expressed distaste for the "point and click" style of P3P and want this to be a full fledged console JRPG. While I agree that these games would probably do just fine on a handheld (be it Vita or 3DS) some want that original P3 and P4 feel.

I have no stake in this. I only played a little of P3P.

BlackJace

It's not even a big bullet point on your console of choice if its exclusive. The shit doesn't sell well.

Just be happy its here finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom