• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Index Corp registers Persona5.jp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

It would be amazing if the personas/demons had different styles depending on the game they are in. It could give the non-Kaneko artists a chance to shine (or fail miserably).

I hope Persona 4's success allows them to do this. It is a big opportunity to stand out from the crowd.

I don't think I'd want any artists outside of Kaneko, Soejima and Doi to work on the Persona games. The guest artists in SMT4 were awful.

I don't think I'd want any artists outside of Kaneko, Soejima and Doi to work on the Persona games. The guest artists in SMT4 were awful.

i think if they could find an artist that fits into the established aesthetic it would work
obviously this does not mean "random people who design rubber suits for kamen raider monsters"

This point is completely meaningless considering the 3DS game's battle system doesn't ever show your character or your demons engaged in combat.

Agree. I prefer this

shin-megami-tensei-nocturne.jpg

over this

smtiv1.jpg

I was disappointed when I found out there is no actual combat on screen, but I didn't cancel my pre-order and soon importing a 3DS. If they ever decide to make a Golden version of IV, they need to put the previous combat system in.

It's not an indie game so it won't go for VITA.
As someone who owns a Vita, unless it's multi-plat, I doubt it will be on it. A shame since P4G looks godly with an OLED screen.
it would. i do not expect that to happen, but it's a nice dream.
I would give almost anything for it, but I'll try to keep my expectations in check.
No argument there. The Kamen Rider designs are terrible. -.-

If possible, I'd have Soejima redraw them all for Persona 5. (I know how impractical it sounds, but a girl can dream.)

Zukuu

Banned
The closer it gets to a release the more I'm turned off. I dunno, it just doesn't seem to fit with me. I HATE when you don't have the chars on screen in combat. Also, no dual-audio.

Dantis

No argument there. The Kamen Rider designs are terrible. -.-

If possible, I'd have Soejima redraw them all for Persona 5. (I know how impractical it sounds, but a girl can dream.)

Haha! Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. ;)

Personally, I'm fine with the Kaneko designs anyway.

cjkeats

I don;t think we'll se redesigns on the demons/personas anytime soon. Probably not even updated models. They're fine anyways.
If they do redo them, I think Soejima or Doi are the most likely candidates.

I have a theory that Kaneko has actually died years ago and they just say he's alive, like a reverse Elvis or Tupac kinda thing.

Well I hope you have played the game, because based on the material we've been exposed to so far I'd say SMT IV's dungeons look technically more impressive than Nocturne's.

The resolution is no problem when you play it on the 3DS screen and it actually looks better than the blurriness you get on your TV from PS2/Wii games.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree then. I don't think it's improved at all.

Haha! Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. ;)

Personally, I'm fine with the Kaneko designs anyway.
If they were to stay the same, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but it would make me extremely happy if they updated. And really, isn't my happiness the most important thing here? :p

We know at the moment.
Platform will be a surprise.
Not for PS4.

She said "not exactly" to the fact people thought she was hinting at Persona 5 coming to PS4. Maybe she meant "not only" PS4 but other platforms as well? PS3, Xbone,etc. That may be a surprise.

Not trying to put any words on her mouth btw, just speculation.

Markadias

Banned
Anyone think this could be linked to Shahids "BIG GAME ANNOUNCEMENT" the one he said you'll be "hooked for hours"? I was hooked with P4:G for about 100 hours Lol.
This would thee killer app for Vita. Believe.

Anyone think this could be linked to Shahids "BIG GAME ANNOUNCEMENT" the one he said you'll be "hooked for hours"? I was hooked with P4:G for about 100 hours Lol.
This would thee killer app for Vita. Believe.

no it was a game signed in eu i believe not something from another territory that they heard about. Most likely an ubi game since they have supported the vita and are the biggest eu based pub.

Markadias

Banned
no it was a game signed in eu i believe not something from another territory that they heard about. Most likely an ubi game since they have supported the vita and are the biggest eu based pub.

Hmm...
Guess your right. Another AssCreed makes sense, not something I'd be interested in...

AJ_Wings

I'm slightly worried that this maybe the most expensive production Atlus have undergone, a studio whose famous for low to mid budget game aimed specifically at a niche audience. I remember reading somewhere that actual development started around 2009-2010.

The Persona team have also ditched Gamebryo in favor of in-house engine built up from scratch (probably for consoles) which is probably why they took a long time with Persona 5.

Dantis

I'm slightly worried that this maybe the most expensive production Atlus have undergone, a studio whose famous for low to mid budget game aimed specifically at a niche audience. I remember reading somewhere that actual development started around 2009-2010.

The Persona team have also ditched Gamebryo in favor of in-house engine built up from scratch for consoles which is probably why they took a long time with Persona 5.

Pre-production started in about 2010, but the actual team didn't start working on it until 2011. In 2010 half of the team was on P3P and half was on Catherine. Upon completion of P3P, that team moved over to finish up Catherine.

Velcro Fly

When did we figure out that platform would be a surprise? Don't feel like skimming 1k posts...

Oh lord here I go maybe getting my hopes up that I won't have to buy a PS3 for this game...

The platform wars concerning Persona 5 has been so long and drawn out, I'm kinda glad we're getting to the end of it.

Agree. I prefer this

http://peter1989.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/shin-megami-tensei-nocturne.jpg

over this

http://diehardgamefan.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/smtiv1.jpg

I was disappointed when I found out there is no actual combat on screen, but I didn't cancel my pre-order and soon importing a 3DS. If they ever decide to make a Golden version of IV, they need to put the previous combat system in.
It's not like it's because of the 3DS that they went that route. It's simply because the surge in popularity of Persona made mainline SMT far less of a priority than when Nocturne was developed.

When did we figure out that platform would be a surprise? Don't feel like skimming 1k posts...

Oh lord here I go maybe getting my hopes up that I won't have to buy a PS3 for this game...

I don't think anyone has specifically said that it'll be a surprise. But mods have been hinting at something for some time

Things are sure gonna be interesting around here when it's finally announced.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61747928&postcount=135

PS4 - Fits the description, and Duckroll told me to "save money" or something when we were talking about P5.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61771076&postcount=279

Persona 5's eventual announcement will have a fascinating impact on these threads.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=66459996&postcount=164

Nirolak's post was in a thread in which many people were speculating that it'd be on a Sony platform (the PS4 in particular). Like I said earlier, I think things are pointing toward the Xbox One when you add everything up.

Glass Rebel

I don't think anyone has specifically said that it'll be a surprise. But mods have been hinting at something for some time

Nirolak's post was in a thread in which many people were speculating that it'd be on a Sony platform (the PS4 in particular). Like I said earlier, I think things are pointing toward the Xbox One when you add everything up.

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Jawmuncher

A PS4/ XB1 release makes the most sense as a "surprise". P4A was on Xbox so they obviously want to branch it out.

But a Vita Exclusive I think would have the most talk. I think we'd see another thread meltdown like Bayo 2 on Wii.

Kyoufu

A PS4/ XB1 release makes the most sense as a "surprise". P4A was on Xbox so they obviously want to branch it out.

But a Vita Exclusive I think would have the most talk. I think we'd see another thread meltdown like Bayo 2 on Wii.

There'll no doubt be a Vita version with added content later down the line.

As a guy who wants this on either PS3, PS4 or PSVita, this eminent announcement is like getting told you will get shot in the kneecap, but not WHEN it will happen.

All I ask is that I get hugs when the platform(s) for this game is/are announced.

Go_Ly_Dow

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61747928&postcount=135

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61771076&postcount=279

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=66459996&postcount=164

far as I know, none of these mods have history of providing insider information before, so I find it doubtful they know the inner workings of Atlus Japan.

I think they're just saying the reaction will be interesting because of the platform split and diversity among the Perosna/Atlus fanbase.

Anyways, PS3 or PS4 would be the most convenient choice.

Spiegel

far as I know, none of these mods have history of providing insider information before, so I find it doubtful they know the inner workings of Atlus Japan.

I think they're just saying the reaction will be interesting because of the platform split and diversity among the Perosna/Atlus fanbase.

Anyways, PS3 or PS4 would be the most convenient choice.

Aeana's hints about Atlus/S-E/localizations have been proved right before. If she knows things other mods can know things too.

zeopower6

I think a lot of people assume it'll be on the PS3, so a PS4-exclusive Persona 5 would cause some very interesting reactions. Any other system would seem really off for the Persona series to be on imo. (mainline non-fighter)

It would also be rather shocking to have a PS3 -and- PS4 version.

zeopower6

It's gonna be WiiU or PC. Now that would be interesting.

I don't think either of those are even remotely plausible, tbh. Wii U has maybe a teeny chance compared to the PC... the market for PC games isn't exactly large in Japan. What was the last big JRPG to come out alongside consoles on the PC? :|

Oh, and I'm guessing that localization must have started on P5 not too long ago for there to be so many rumorswirls rolling around.

IMBored

I don't think either of those are even remotely plausible, tbh. Wii U has maybe a teeny chance compared to the PC... the market for PC games isn't exactly large in Japan. What was the last big JRPG to come out alongside consoles on the PC? :|

Oh, and I'm guessing that localization must have started on P5 not too long ago for there to be so many rumorswirls rolling around.

To be honest the market for xbox games isn't much better in jp and people are considering it. But yeah, I really don't see it coming to PC. WiiU it might, Atlus and Nintendo have history and development began before the WiiU was released, so they wouldn't know it would be this bad right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom