• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

zulux21

just a heads up the following games that have been in indie bundles
Delve Deeper
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Super Sanctum TD (in current groupees bundle)

have in the last 48 hours gotten cards

zulux21

Awesome.
Too bad I already reached the 200 sale limit on the Steam Market for the calendar year. :(

It's only a limit if you aren't willing to give steam a little extra info. As long as you fill out the short form that they tell you about as you approach that limit then you, as far as I know, can sell as much as you want. (it's at least 300 as I have sold over that many cards (I have 491 between selling and buying and I don't think I have bought more than 50 cards let along 191 :p)

New Indie Royale Bundle

Thunder Wolves (Steam)
Stellar Impact (Steam)
DIVO (Steam)
100% Orange Juice
Apple Jack 1 & 2

I uh...I'm not sure if the keys are working yet though.

Game doesn't show up in my account either, nor do my Desura games, so you may want to hold off a few minutes. I dunno. It all looks pretty bottom of the barrel anyway.

Which key was that? They activated fine for me, but I didn't use the Stellar Impact one.
Did you try restarting the client?

EDIT: Okay :)

zulux21

The general consensus seems to be "meh" to okay when looking at the other forums.
Dont like how the bundle is set at 5 bucks since I only want 100% orange juice.

im in the same boat and then said screw it and bought it for $6 just to give 100% juice a try lol

in other bundle news
Groupees said:
Got a rad game bundle coming up for you guys tomorrow! We think you'll be pleased. More announcements to come....:)

zulux21

new groupees bundle coming soon
all steam all with trading cards
MacGuffin's Curse

Tower Wars

Ravaged: Zombie Apocalypse

Hamilton's Great Adventure + DLC

Zombie Driver HD + Soundtrack

Krater Collector's Edition

zulux21

I was about to until you mentioned the groupee bundle.
btw 100% juice is ok, nothing special but not terrible... not the next dokapon kingdom or fortune street to drop on my friends and get them addicted :(

oh well it's nice to own a unique video game board game on PC even if it's just ok.

Jawmuncher

btw 100% juice is ok, nothing special but not terrible... not the next dokapon kingdom or fortune street to drop on my friends and get them addicted :(

oh well it's nice to own a unique video game board game on PC even if it's just ok.

True. Im actually surprised at the lack of PC board game type games.

new groupees bundle coming soon
all steam all with trading cards

Groupees bringing the goods once again! It doesn't matter how cheap the cards are, if they have 3 non-BTA games you'll almost make your money back if you buy it for a dollar.

It's really sad how Indie Royale has fallen, by contrast. I don't remember the last IR I bought, I don't know if it's the new management's fault or just coincidence. Let's hope their 50th bundle is worthy...

I really wish some developer would speak up about why and how these bundles vary so greatly in quality. Obviously getting into the Humble Bundle is hitting the jackpot but leaving that one aside... Groupees usually have the best games in their bundles but they end up selling a surprisingly small number of copies whereas Indie Royale and Indie Gala keep recycling absolute bottom of the barrel stuff and somehow seem to have more mindshare (and possibly revenue?).

derExperte

Groupees usually have the best games in their bundles but they end up selling a surprisingly small number of copies whereas Indie Royale and Indie Gala keep recycling absolute bottom of the barrel stuff and somehow seem to have more mindshare (and possibly revenue?).

Indie Royale delivers far more quality than Gala and they only recycle occasionally, you can't compare them at all. Also they afair only once cracked 10.000 sold bundles while Be Mine 8 got to 35.000.

Virgman

Neo Member
So I just bought the Groupees Capsule Computer Bundle. When I go to activate the games on steam, it says "This content will become available once you have activated the full game on Steam." I thought I just bought the full game... Has this happened to anyone else?

Joe Molotov

So I just bought the Groupees Capsule Computer Bundle. When I go to activate the games on steam, it says "This content will become available once you have activated the full game on Steam." I thought I just bought the full game... Has this happened to anyone else?

Were you trying to redeem the Swords & Soldiers DLC before you redeemed the game?

Virgman

Neo Member
Were you trying to redeem the Swords & Soldiers DLC before you redeemed the game?
No. It appears that steam is having connectivity issues at the moment, so that's more than likely the culprit. I just hope trying to activate them during the downtime doesn't somehow make the keys void or corrupt.

Um, what?

What would you expect them to say, that you shouldn't already be able to figure out on your own?

Perhaps I should have phrased that better. In my opinion, Groupees consistently get better games than the competition. This has been true since the beginning when they had just started selling game bundles and their website/support etc. was an absolute mess. They also (generally) have the lowest prices. And yet they somehow manage to attract the best talent (so to speak) which is why I wonder what makes them so attractive to developers. Even if they offer a higher cut, their prices are lower so I'm not sure how much more lucrative it is. That's why I was wondering if someone who actually dealt with all this could chime in on what makes Groupees a better choice.

Indie Royale delivers far more quality than Gala and they only recycle occasionally, you can't compare them at all. Also they afair only once cracked 10.000 sold bundles while Be Mine 8 got to 35.000.

I didn't know this. I was under the impression that both Indie Gala and Royale were pulling in tens of thousands of sales at a higher average price. Not surprised that BM8 got to 35k though... that one was really one of the best non Humble bundles ever.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm about to break 100 games on Desura. I have never installed the Desura client or downloaded a game on Desura.

I haven't either, no comment on the number though. lol.

Several devs have stated Desura is pretty much worthless for making money. There are some good games there that aren't on other platforms, though. Buried under tons of crap and high school class project games.

I'm about to break 100 games on Desura. I have never installed the Desura client or downloaded a game on Desura.

That's the way to go.

Honestly I only started being interested in those bundle at the end of May (2013) and I already own like 200 games? But I have only played three of them. I just buy and give little money to devs and charity, since I don't play the games it's like a donation. And I'm okay with it. (though all in all it must be a few dozens of dollars per month)

Aselith

Desura is garbage, their downloader is wtf awful. Games that you can just download an exe are fine though.

In other news, no one posted the new humble bundle 9, right?

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Trine 2: Complete
Mark of the Ninja
Eets Munchies Beta
Brutal Legend

BTA:

Fez and FTL

Great bundle

It's really sad how Indie Royale has fallen, by contrast.

I know, right? I own most of their earlier bundles, but very few from the past year. I'm not sure if they burned through the interesting mid-tier indie stuff or people just stopped being interested in working with them.

zulux21

I know, right? I own most of their earlier bundles, but very few from the past year. I'm not sure if they burned through the interesting mid-tier indie stuff or people just stopped being interested in working with them.

My interest in indie royal for the most part dropped after they got rid of preorders... I am a sucker for the unknown, I would likely own every bundle from them if there was still preorders, instead i only own like 4 of them since they stopped preorders lol.

adaen

This does not work for me, the Desura collection page states that "I need to get keys from Indie Royale where this game was purchased", while the Indie Royale page for The Mighty Bundle does not have "Generate Steam key" option for me.

Same here, I mailed the IndieRoyale support. Let's see what they say.

Haunted

I find it highly questionable that a virtually unknown bundle from a small company would have deals with Square-Enix, Warner Brothers and 2k Games in place.

Roto13

Can't link because I'm on my 3ds, but the new humble weekly sale is retro shooters.

Someone want to trade their System Shock 2 key for my FTL and Mark of the Ninja keys? :p

Haunted

Don't you find it also strange that TF2 is also in one those silhouettes?
I'd play one of these online quizzes with gaming characters as silhouettes, identifying all of them on that site was fun (who's the one between Don't Starve guy and Gordon Freeman?)

Top Bottom