• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indigo Prophecy related announcement in 8 days?

All copies and masterfiles to this game should be eradicated from existence.
The game was offensive in both presenting a cohesive and logical narrative, and also as a video game.

I really wished Steam could refund my $3 for this atrocity againist humanity

sector4

4CP4enU.gif

Kept you waiting huh?
Freaking LOL! hahahaha

Put me down as loving Fahrenheit despite the completely batshit insane ending, I felt after all of the nonsense it kind of came back around.

If this is bundled with Heavy Rain and Beyond, my lord! Day 0.

F4r0_Atak

Freaking LOL! hahahaha

Put me down as loving Fahrenheit despite the completely batshit insane ending, I felt after all of the nonsense it kind of came back around.

Imagine a Fahrenhei/Indigo Prophecy using tech similar to The Dark Sorcerer demo.

inm8num2

If this gets a remake/remaster, I hope they chop off the last act of the game. Everything up the point at which
the main character and his girlfriend fall off the tower/bridge
is fantastic. After, not so much. Still, very much a game worth playing.

ISOM

You people are too hard on this game.

I actually liked the second half of the game when it went batshit scifi crazy.

Agreed. While the second half wasn't particularly great or even coherent, it wasn't bad enough for me to hate the overall experience itself. It's still one of my favorite games to date.

Dee Dee

"Too hard" on this game... remember that Chinese bookstore clerk that straight up told you "Yeah I am just pretending to be a racist caricature because the customers love it".
I think that game was way up it's own arse and gave no indication whatsoever whether it was an actual serious effort of something or a "I can't believe they are letting us make this game" joke.

Since we are all just guessing what it could be, I'll throw out another David Cage-plot twist worthy insane idea and wish for a Omnikron/Indigo Prophecy crossover fighting game with all of the characters having David Bowie's face.

Freaking LOL! hahahaha

Who doesn't like a little necrophilia in the mornings...

GUJQkQr.gif

apQElfa.gif

And playing as Superman...

XbVfV8V.jpg

Guile

Banned
The diner scene at the very beginning was pretty incredible, but it was all downhill from there until the worst turn in video game history.
Holy shit, my thoughts exactly. First level was amazing. Although Im not sure about the "worst video game in history part, lol.

sappyday

Cage man you gotta pass the torch. You have some cool ideas but terrible executions.

Still, I hope that the Dark Sorcerer tech demo becomes an actual game and it's about the old man trying to make it back to being a successful actor or in other words Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Game.

Did you fight
the internet
? Wasn't that just
the ancient immortal Mayan god
? I only recall the
psychic old wheelchair lady revealing herself be a physical manifestation of the internet
, not fighting it. It's possible that scene made me forget whatever else may have happened afterwards. Jesus christ.

I thought
Agatha turned out to be a yellow AI robot from the future
or something.

Jesus Christ I forgot how quickly this game falls off a cliff. Actually really liked it until the final quarter.

F4r0_Atak

I wonder if it has anything to do with their recent post on their Facebook account... regarding the re-design of their website which will be available on January 29th, the day after the AChillingFeeling announcement revealing.

Source for the facebook post

p.s. I wonder if it changes their relationship with SCE in some capacity. :/
p.p.s. QuanticDream to become officially part of SCE WWS, hence the reason why they are revamping their website. You read hear first. :p

Would be amazing if they could bring back the last 1/3 of the game they cut because of rushed development cycle. Im sure they have the rough scenes lying around still, so if they could finish them and release the game as it was meant to be that would be great.
Also I love that Amirox created this thread.

Ralemont

not me
Loved the first half, laughed at the ridiculous awfulness of the second. I'd be down for a remake if Cage is down to eat some humble pie and redo the second half.

Edit: On reflection:

You make a solid point. My life is better having seen the underground kung-fu Illuminati homeless network.

TM94

Completely went to shit IMO.

And I loved the first half.

That section where you had to sneak into a military base?

Awful.

That was way before the game went bad, that was just back story for the main character :S

It was still a terrible section though.

I've finished Fahrenheit 3 times. Once with a friend, then with my brother and then I got a group of friends to play it together. It's a very interesting game because the beginning is so intriguing and you're not sure if you want to do well as the cops or the killer, it creates this strange conflict that's quite unique. Then stuff starts to get weird with the giant bugs in the office and slowly but surely the game gets crazier and crazier until all of a sudden it just flips out completely.

I would really like to see game reimagined and brought back to the original premise. Keep the atmosphere and even the characters, although turn down the stereotyping a little. Take the story in a less insane direction, but I don't mind some of the mysticism, after all the brilliant cafe sequence starts with the main character being possessed. You can't explain that scientifically... unless he's genuinely mentally disturbed but where's the fun in that.

SRG01

From what I remember of Fahrenheit, it was supposed to be funded as a episodic game but it ran out of money hence why the game suddenly switches in tone and quality in the second half?

Shauni

Oh man, just going through this thread and reminiscing about Indigo's final moments. Really brings back the memories of when I went through it all with utter disbelief and amazement.

That opening in the diner is the GOAT when it comes to the beginning of a game, shame it falls apart halfway through because David Cage's hack tendencies take over.

I remember playing the demo and being amazed at how things played out differently depending on what you did, and how it affected the detective characters scenes.

Needless the say, the actual game was an immense disappointment.

Betty

Banned
The tutorial for this game was great. Loved the director's chair-like introduction.

You gotta have an ego the size of Mount Olympus to put yourself into your own game to explain it right at the start when you were still virtually unknown.

Chev

You gotta have an ego the size of Mount Olympus to put yourself into your own game to explain it right at the start when you were still virtually unknown.

He wasn't unknown though, Omikron had already made quite a splash thanks to Bowie's involvement.

Corpekata

Banned
Very few game directors are known, and saying Cage was "known" after Omikron is being extremely charitable. Bowie gave Omikron press, not Cage, and even then it was pretty minimal.

Chev

It is, however, not the same as saying he was a complete unknown, and if you dig up old previews of Fahrenheit, in print or on the web, you'll see QD was already considered kind of a big deal just based on Omikron. There's also the fact the french videogame coverage had a long tradition of already being director-oriented at the time (Ulrich, Cuisset, Raynal or Chahi had made names for themselves in the early 90s already), possibly unlike the US.

wingwah

Banned
I just bought this on iOS for my iPhone 6 Plus. Looking forward to playing it again. i appreciate QD's games for what they are–and although they often fall short, scenes like the diner one make the experience worthwhile.

Top Bottom