• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous: 15 Year Anniversary

diffusionx

Gold Member
OQDOkl8.jpeg

There should have been another PS4 or PS5 release of this series.

N30RYU

Gold Member
They killed the series the moment they wanted to change how Cole looks in the second game (and I dont even mean the one they wanted to put... but the one that ended in the game)

Last edited:

semiconscious

Gold Member
replaying it right now. clunky, dumb, inspired, & bursting with all the imagination completely absent from the lifeless, humorless ghosts of tsushima. i miss this sucker punch (like i miss that era's naughty dog & santa monica studios, as well)...

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Second one is the best overall. Good campaign with the coolest power and vampire dlc. The first one was cool but have aged badly and Second Son was mediocre but added a solid DLC chapter (and some really good graphics for its time).

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Infamous and Motorstorm were basically the 1-2 punch of games that made me realize I didn't like Playstation's first-party output anymore. Infamous was kind of visually impressive at the time, but had the exact brand of meandering open world gameplay that puts me to sleep in an instant. Never played the sequel or the side stories.

Bridges

Really adored InFamous and Second Son was great as well. Sadly never got to play 2 but it's a real shame this series didn't get more entries. Top 3 Sony franchise IMO and was a highlight of the PS3 gen

tommib

Gold Member
Terrible games that should stay dead and buried. They’re precursors to the generic super hero open world crap we see being used as tentpole titles these days.

They were only popular because of heavy marketing and high-ish production values. They’re everything I despise. The Horizon games of the PS3 generation.

Terrible games that should stay dead and buried. They’re precursors to the generic super hero open world crap we see being used as tentpole titles these days.

They were only popular because of heavy marketing and high-ish production values. They’re everything I despise. The Horizon games of the PS3 generation.
Remember in the first game it also had the illusion of choice? LMAO.

Stuart360

This game was alright but i loved Infamous 2 the most. Great game and i got addicted to finding the shards lol.
Dont know what the hell happened with Second Son but it felt such a step back from Infamous 2 in everyhting except graphics.

Last edited:

ungalo

Funny, i'm playing them for the first time. Played Second Son first then 1 and now i'm playing two. And i played Ghost of Tsushima a few months ago.

I can now safely say i'm not a particular fan of Sucker Punch games (i still need to play the Sly games), but it was still nice to try this serie, it's a nice power trip, thankfully straight forward.

I can see why Infamous 2 is beloved by some given the improvements over the first one, although so far it's not making it a much more meaningful experience for me. I think the first one was already doing a good job on the use of the powers and the gameplay feel, which is the most important thing.

It's funny how you can see when the games during the 7th gen started becoming more colorful, the first one is grim as fuck.

Last edited:
I'd settle for a 60fps remaster.

I remember my dad gave me the cash to get inFAMOUS 1 as a gift for completing my SATs back in June 2009.

ungalo

I don't know, perhaps they were generic in their own context. But i wouldn't compare them to Horizon.

Horizon is heavy and at the same time it's constrained, funny because i also played them recently (actually ragequit the second one i was so bored) and when i tried Infamous 1 soon after, the weird feeling and inertia of Cole's big jumps were very welcome after the absolutely fake platforming of Horizon 2.

Infamous is really just about blowing shit up, it's not like the current over sophisticated and diluted formula.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Second Son is still my GOAT PS4 game. I know it has numerous flaws, but I really enjoyed the PS3 games so cruising into this one early into the next generation was a treat, and this one graphically blew me away at the time. The music was also jamming, and Fetch was my waifu.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Just fired up Second Son on the PS5 a bit ago. Game is still excellent as well as the DLC/expansion. Really fun to play. Hoping for a new one!

nial

Gold Member
There were 3 infamous games released in the span of 5 years. If Sony started today to produce the next infamous game, we would MAYBE get 2 in the next 15 years.
Festival of Blood was no different from Iki Island. Heck, it's even shorter.

makaveli60

The first two games were not my cup of tea and I was only excited for Second Son because at the time it was the first “next-gen” looking and feeling game on ps4 to me. But then I ended liking it so much that I can say that it’s among my all-time favorites and I would much more like a sequel to that game instead of GoT (which I also liked a lot).

Top Bottom