• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous: 15 Year Anniversary

I remember the fucking bad voice acting eventually ruining part 2 for me.

Zeke's VO was soooooooooooooooooooooooo over the top American, it was too much cringe for me. I felt like it was a bad joke at first but it absolutely destroyed my enjoyment.

Whoever thought his accent was good to go should get 5 kicks to the groin.

I thought they were all pretty good games, but gameplay wise, it peaked in Infamous 2+DLC. Just hit the right tone and powers perfectly. Bummer the series stopped after SS, but it felt like Second Son didn't really hit in the same way as the first two and there was less love put in to it. I'd love to see another one. It was cool that we got both Prototype and inFamous at pretty much the same time, and it's a bummer that they are both dead franchises.

NahaNago

Second Son was the only I ever played and I really enjoyed it so I was really hoping they would remaster the previous entries or continue Second Son.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Good series, but I don't get much all the love, same with Sly Cooper.
Ghost of Tsushima is Sucker Punch's best game yet, so I don't really want them to return to any of their previous franchises.

You are entitled to have your own opinion and I respect that, even if it differs from my own.

Now shut the fuck up and allow them to give me more inFAMOUS.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Gold Member
I found a brand new copy for inFamous 2 Collection on eBay. I will see if the voucher for the DLC on it still works.

I have had good luck with old PS3 DLC vouchers. They don't seem to expire.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just OK really. I played the second game to the end and had fun, but Second Son was a huge disappointment IMO. Tried to play it on about 4 separate occasions but got bored at the hour mark every time.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Well, that DLC voucher for inFamous 2 did not work. I will have to buy it through the store.

So, it seems like DLC vouchers no longer work for PS3 games.

The one I had for Dante's Inferno did work.

Muffdraul

They killed the series the moment they wanted to change how Cole looks in the second game (and I dont even mean the one they wanted to put... but the one that ended in the game)
I thought that was a great lesson in "be careful what you ask for." I would have way rather had the first re-design i.e. "handsome metrosexual Cole" than the one they released with i.e. "slightly melted full-grown fetus Cole." Always suspected there was at least little spite from the annoyed character designer.

semiconscious

Gold Member
I remember the fucking bad voice acting eventually ruining part 2 for me.

Zeke's VO was soooooooooooooooooooooooo over the top American, it was too much cringe for me. I felt like it was a bad joke at first but it absolutely destroyed my enjoyment.

Whoever thought his accent was good to go should get 5 kicks to the groin.
i've always seriously despised Zeke, the most obnoxious second-banana in gaming history, & it's not just his voice acting. i'm most of the way through an infamous replay, & zeke's already:
1) bought beer
2) fucked cole over at least 3 times
3) bought more beer
4) betrayed cole & hooked up with his arch enemy
5) i'm assuming bought even more beer...

but you can't let zeke wreck the fun. I mean, hell, even trish, cole's beloved former soulmate, is pretty tedious/awful. you just gotta surrender to the madness, & enjoy one of the wackiest, over-the-top superhero game's of them all. as visually stunning as tsushima is? it can't even come close to the level of creativity & cleverness contained in these games. the infamous series makes tsushima look more like a nature walk with combat...

StereoVsn

I liked the series quite a bit, especially 2 and Second Son and the expansion.

I wish we could get a solid remaster / remake for the PS3 versions at least. A new game would be amazing but I just don’t see that happening.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
i've always seriously despised Zeke, the most obnoxious second-banana in gaming history, & it's not just his voice acting. i'm most of the way through an infamous replay, & zeke's already:
1) bought beer
2) fucked cole over at least 3 times
3) bought more beer
4) betrayed cole & hooked up with his arch enemy
5) i'm assuming bought even more beer...

but you can't let zeke wreck the fun. I mean, hell, even trish, cole's beloved former soulmate, is pretty tedious/awful. you just gotta surrender to the madness, & enjoy one of the wackiest, over-the-top superhero game's of them all. as visually stunning as tsushima is? it can't even come close to the level of creativity & cleverness contained in these games. the infamous series makes tsushima look more like a nature walk with combat...

What'd you think of Second Son?

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Its immediately noticable that its an unusually good OST, even if youre a bit picky with rock. Its all actually legitimately good, while mixing in electronic elements too.

They definitely put in the extra effort for the music and I always figured it was because it took place in Seattle. There's no fucking around with the soundtrack when your game takes place where a ton of American alt rock was born.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
They definitely put in the extra effort for the music and I always figured it was because it took place in Seattle. There's no fucking around with the soundtrack when your game takes place where a ton of American alt rock was born.

For real. No one does OST like this. Its in my top 10 all time best.

semiconscious

Gold Member
Loved the soundtrack. It was quite shocking to learn that Brain (Primus's drummer) was one of the primary composers.
second son really got the short end of the stick, imo. likely rushed a bit as new gen debut release, i think it's a pretty accomplished piece of work. while, other than fetch, i've never really liked sucker punch's 'taste' in main characters (both infamous & sly), their game's've always been entertaining enough for me to just overlook it (which's weird, because other games featuring characters i don't like, i'll usually bail on). tsushima, for me, was the worst of both worlds - boring characters, & derivative gameplay - & a huge let-down...

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
second son really got the short end of the stick, imo. likely rushed a bit as new gen debut release, i think it's a pretty accomplished piece of work. while, other than fetch, i've never really liked sucker punch's 'taste' in main characters (both infamous & sly), their game's've always been entertaining enough for me to just overlook it (which's weird, because other games featuring characters i don't like, i'll usually bail on). tsushima, for me, was the worst of both worlds - boring characters, & derivative gameplay - & a huge let-down...
I liked Delsin because it actually seemed like Troy Baker could just be himself. Liked it more than Joel in TLoU.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

I thought Delsin was pretty cool as a character, not overly obnoxious or anything. And SS had that holy trifecta of Troy Baker, Laura Bailey AND Travis Willingham for the mains. The three of them are all besties in rl (Willingham and Bailey have actually been married for years) so it's always fun to see them working with each other because you know the chemistry and connection is already there.

2014 had the PC/easily offended stuff start creeping in too as I do remember people starting to throw shit fits about Delsin not being played by a Native American actor.

Agree 100% on Tsushima's character's being boring. It's practically impressive how milquetoast everyone is (except maybe the Khan).

Last edited:
Played Vampire Infamous again because it was short. Game fully expected you to know how to play the game so by the time I fully understand how it all worked again the DLC was over. It still holds up.

Top Bottom