• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity War Blu-Ray Hits August 14th (Digital July 31st)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
http://collider.com/avengers-infinity-war-blu-ray-trailer-release-date-features/#images

Avengers: Infinity War hits Digital HD on July 31st and 4K, Blu-ray, and DVD on August 14th.

But if you can’t wait to get your hands on Infinity War (and I’ll admit this trailer makes me want to go back and watch it), here are the special features that will be included via CS (may vary by retailer):

– Strange Alchemy (5:08)– Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time—and discover why some were teamed up together.

– The Mad Titan (6:34) – Explore the MCU’s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.

– Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) – Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos’ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.

– Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) – Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.

– Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)

Happy Knows Best (1:23) – Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding—until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) – On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) – As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
A Father’s Choice (4:00) – Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
– Gag Reel (2:05)– Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.

– Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely

Last edited:
Woohoo, 1 more month and i'll finally watch this.
Yes, I haven't watched it yet, and yes, I probably have been living under a rock, as no major spoilers have hit me so far.

Kacho

Oh damn! That's way sooner than I was expecting. I thought I'd be waiting until September to see this flick. Looking forward to it.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Woohoo, 1 more month and i'll finally watch this.
Yes, I haven't watched it yet, and yes, I probably have been living under a rock, as no major spoilers have hit me so far.
Damn, not having any spoilers to this movie is pretty damn impressive.

I guess you'll find out about Thanos using the power stone to instantly cook a bag of popcorn yourself when you see it!

Last edited:

RubxQub

Nice. Looking forward to it.

Hate the digital first thing.. I'm always tempted.. But then the 4k disk comes with digital..
Just buy it on iTunes with your AppleTV: 4K HDR w/Dolby Atmos support.

Very comparable quality to Blu-Ray, cheaper than Blu-Ray, way more convenient than Blu-Ray. Make the change! o_O

Not knocking your desire for hard copies. I know Blu-Ray is superior quality-wise. I just made the switch myself awhile ago and couldn't be happier.

ZehDon

Gold Member
One of the rare superhero movies worth picking up in my opinion. Gotta admit, disappointed in the special features - figured Marvel would go all in, they’ve been building for 10 years to this. I’m guessing we’ll see the “double dip” edition in the future with all the goodies.

Sounds expensive :eek:

For about $40 each, I have purchased the Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor trilogies, and am currently re-watching the entire MCU over the course of the year in preparation for Infinity War 2.

I still have to buy the Avengers, two Guardians, Dr. Strange, and Ant-Man, not including Ant-Man 2 in a few months, or going to see Captain Marvel.

So yeah, $$$pricey$$$

Last edited:

levyjl1988

Banned
Such a shame they don't include a 3D Blu-ray disc now I have to import from EU. 3D is not dead it's still good. People still have 3D TV's, projectors, and VR headsets.

Darko

I will buy this in 4k(or 3d) then whatever boxset they come out with all the mcu movies for 2019.. take my money marvel

TimFL

Just buy it on iTunes with your AppleTV: 4K HDR w/Dolby Atmos support.

Very comparable quality to Blu-Ray, cheaper than Blu-Ray, way more convenient than Blu-Ray. Make the change! o_O

Not knocking your desire for hard copies. I know Blu-Ray is superior quality-wise. I just made the switch myself awhile ago and couldn't be happier.
iTunes does not offer any Disney movies in 4k. You only get the HD copy. I‘m not even sure whether they come with HDR.

//EDIT: Just checked on my iPhone, stuff like Thor Ragnarok has no HDR label here.

Last edited:

RubxQub

iTunes does not offer any Disney movies in 4k. You only get the HD copy. I‘m not even sure whether they come with HDR.

//EDIT: Just checked on my iPhone, stuff like Thor Ragnarok has no HDR label here.
Totally fair, you win.

I guess I took for granted that Disney stuff wasn't available in 4K/HDR yet since just about everything is, but I looked it up and you're right that there's an active issue between Disney and Apple about selling 4K/HDR content on iTunes.

Kadayi

Banned
Cool has an actual commentary Track from the directors (fuck actors commentaries they always just kiss ass or think they're the funniest fuckers in the room).

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Totally fair, you win.

I guess I took for granted that Disney stuff wasn't available in 4K/HDR yet since just about everything is, but I looked it up and you're right that there's an active issue between Disney and Apple about selling 4K/HDR content on iTunes.

I don't have an Apple TV, but pretty sure Vudu works on there. Get the 4k disney movies through that app.

A bit of a bump, but just wanted to say that i've finally watched it.
On one hand, great movie, one of Marvel's best, up there with Winter Soldier. But on the other, i wish i had waited for the second part and watched the whole thing together.

kunonabi

Ended up preordering the 4k releases of Avengers from Walmart and AoU and IW from BB. It will be interesting to see how they all hold up. Avengers had pretty amazing PQ as it was so I'm not expecting too big a leap there. AoU looked like mud so im kind of hoping the HDR helps it out.

Top Bottom