• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward confirms: CoD Ghost is 720p on Xbox One, 1080p on PS4

shandy706

No-one outside of gaming enthusiasts on forums will care.

Call of Duty would sell if they released a SNES version...lol

Scrawnton

Inb4 100 pages.

I have this game on my radar for Xmas time. I'll get the ps4 version. All depend on how long killzone and bf4 lasts.

-MD-

Buying a launch Xbox One. Paying more for worse performance will display how rich and care free I really am.

I am better than you.

NoTacos

Oh lawd. Can someone explain to me again what's causing sub-1080p video on Xbone? Does it have something to do with ESRAM "bottle necking?"

Minions

Likely this all has to do with the ESRAM... like cell was on the PS3. (Harder to work with, took a long time for people to properly utilize) hopefully after launch they figure out how to port properly. I still think the Xbox One however will end up missing out of stuff due to being underpowered by comparison. It seems since games are easier to port to/from PC they will customized more than we have seen in the past generation.

That's beautiful.

madmackem

And here we go gif. Good to have it confirmed, its fucking outrages that this game is only 720p on next gen. How bad is esram and tools on xboxone or is it something deeper than that.

Marvel

could never
What... exactly is stopping the XB1 achieving native 1080p... for er CoD a not very demanding game. Someone lay it down for me from a techy point of view, I just don't understand why the new console struggles this badly before it's even on shelves.

a916

I have to say, I'm actually kind of surprised the head of IW said that. It seems like something they would have wanted to just push under the rug. Respect.

Considering what CBOAT and Mort said... they were trying their best to get the resolution up and it didn't happen. So Rubin came out and confirmed it near launch.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nice to get a confirmation but the game does not look as good as BF4 or KZ:SF, so not surprised to hear 1080p native on PS4.

-MD-

What... exactly is stopping the XB1 achieving native 1080p... for er CoD a not very demanding game. Someone lay it down for me from a techy point of view, I just don't understand why the new console struggles this badly before it's even on shelves.

Kinect bottleneck

Magwik

Banned
It is a sad state of affair when Call Of Duty cannot run at 1080p at launch. Next gen isn't new, it is just an extension of current gen.

Top Bottom