• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

All console war things aside, this "squads" idea sounds great. My friend and I play COD occasionally but really suck (him more than me). We get stomped playing MP so most of the time we do local MP and just run around a smallish map shooting each other. Problem is, sometimes we can run around for a good 5 minutes not even finding the other guy if he's camping. This would bring some action to our crappy little suck fest.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oh man, I love it when Mortimer gets a scoop since he usually shares it with us. I hope he can confirm whatever this one is.

All console war things aside, this "squads" idea sounds great. My friend and I play COD occasionally but really suck (him more than me). We get stomped playing MP so most of the time we do local MP and just run around a smallish map shooting each other. Problem is, sometimes we can run around for a good 5 minutes not even finding the other guy if he's camping. This would bring some action to our crappy little suck fest.

Had me laughing pretty good.

SRTtoZ

If its true that this game is going to be a disaster for the XB1, how can that even be? The game does NOT look good even on the PS4...Not "next gen" good.

Aspiring

What is this tease everyone is talking about? I go to sleep and know nothing. I was actually thinking I buying this game in PS4 due to Driveclub and Watch Dogs delay. Should I not?

KOHIPEET

Oh man, I love it when Mortimer gets a scoop since he usually shares it with us. I hope he can confirm whatever this one is.

I wonder if in the coming hours, the rumor of X1 version pops up on the web somewhere.

Even with that, I don't believe in the X1 version being worse.

I think, aside from the jaggies, the footage looks good. (For a COD game of course)

vpance

How can it be? They've confirmed 1080p/60fps. It can't be that, and look worse than this PS4 video.

I'd like to have visual confirmation first. Who knows how deep the shit is for the dev team now since they last made that statement. Or maybe res is the same but assets are downgraded.

xaosslug

I just can't say anything and finding another source in NDA-city is nigh impossible. I will fall on the sword of this one and say I'm awful for the tease and if a ban is needed to teach me/other potential teasers a lesson I totally get that.

if you are willing to take a ban for teasing... why not just spill the beans?

Lacrus

This thread is going places. Now I really can't wait to see the difference between both consoles.........for every game

Game looks like a current gen title. Xbox shouldn't have any trouble running it at 1080p.

Things are rarely ever that simple. Even in a game such as this, there's any number of things that can require a lowering of the resolution on the Xbox One. It would be worse to run the Xbox One version at 1080p with compromised graphical fidelity compared to lowering the resolution and getting a game that looks even more amazing.

I guess 720p would be bad enough for MS. Can't imagine this game not running at least close to 60fps.

No way it doesn't run at 60fps. At best we are looking at something along the lines of less than 1080p on the Xbox One, possibly even 720p, but nothing such as a 30fps game, and certainly not sub 720p.

I can see the PS4 version being a full 1080p 60fps. Or, looked at another way, maybe the PS4 version doesn't have any dedicated servers. Hard to say, really.

I love famousmortimer but this dude really needs an alt account since he's scared of his friends being tracked or something. I'm going to assume it's resolution/fps. Not sure why he needs a couple of sources to say "i heard the x1 version looks like shit". Which it probably does going by the ps4 footage. So resolution/fps is my guess since it's been a kiss of death lately so gotta keep that hush.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Half right?

720p 720p 720p 720p 720p 720p 720p 720p 720p
720p

MS dun goofed :/

ibogotyDgQXpuo.gif

This is ridiculous. 720p for this game?!?

dreamfall

Hey guys- what's goin' on in this...

WAT. 720p confirmed, or just blazing the fires?!

After seeing the footage, I'd assume both consoles wouldn't have trouble with it!

Yeah I'm really excited about it. All the fun of the game but against bots, specifically bots other people have made. I'm going to have a blast.

Hoodbury

What is this tease everyone is talking about? I go to sleep and know nothing. I was actually thinking I buying this game in PS4 due to Driveclub and Watch Dogs delay. Should I not?

While we don't know for sure, if anything the tease favors the PS4 vs the Xbone.

PaNaMa

Banned
Prediction: XB One version and PS4 version look and play exactly the same.

This game is just X360 version in a higher res. Same crap engine, same crap shadows, same crap lighting, same crap particles, same crap physics, same crap running and dying animations.

Most moderns cell phones could do this game. XB1 and PS4 will be identical.
This engine is not the benchmark for 2014 hardware horsepower differentiation.

How could it honestly not make above 720P? I'm not even a resolution guy but I would have never thought COD would be one to fall short.

Top Bottom