• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

Prelude.

I don't know about that, why not just say 1080p instead of saying "Full HD"? Seems like wording to prevent a lawsuit.
It's the standard commercial definition for 1080p. "FullHD" is easier to remember and understand than some numbers with a p at the end.

You're hardly the person to question someone's credentials though. :)
But yes, actual confirmation would be appreciated.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on with this game, but I was right about there being absolutely no downclock to the Xbox One GPU, whereas at the time a number of others, including the "bird", seemed to have bet the farm on it happening so all I'm really saying is that his apparent level of excitement in itself isn't necessarily a confirmation.

He could very well be right on the mark. I honestly have no idea, but I don't think it'll be that long before we find out. I mean, I can't be the only person that finds it odd that this is only now just coming out simply because some PS4 footage of the new COD is shown. I imagine something like this would've been known well beforehand. Would we be having this conversation if the footage shown was labeled as the Xbox One version, or even a PC version? It seems to largely hinge on the basis that Infinity Ward is even bothering to show the PS4 version at all. In essence a classic case of where there's smoke, there must be fire.

But that's really all I have to say on the matter. :)

StuBurns

Banned
I don't know about that, why not just say 1080p instead of saying "Full HD"? Seems like wording to prevent a lawsuit.
Who knows how this stuff would turn out legally. Ultimately, the specifics of a framebuffer might not equate to the legality. Maybe it's possible to say that the upscaling counts, as the console is still producing a 1080p video stream.

I know you can't show a better version of a game, and not label which version it is in the UK because of false advertising.

SRTtoZ

Who knows how this stuff would turn out legally. Ultimately, the specifics of a framebuffer might not equate to the legality. Maybe it's possible to say that the upscaling counts, as the console is still producing a 1080p video stream.

I know you can't show a better version of a game, and not label which version it is in the UK because of false advertising.

That would be the ultimate WTF though. If the WiiU version runs at 1080p and the XB1 version at 720p...

Yikes this could be bad. Waiting on confirmation though because I'm a bit skeptical. I'll be back when we have some solid info.

Would it though? As I said, how many of your typical CoD players look at resolution when buying games?

Also wouldn't most of the blame be placed on IW if other games are running in higher than 720p resolutions on the One?

Normally no, however this is a new console it allows for people to switch. I was a 360 gamer this past generation and I'm switching.

I would agree here if there already was a fog of negativity surrounding Xone. With the tech disparity Microsoft is going to take the majority of the blame.

Freki

Really doesn't matter does it? Your typical COD player isn't going to grab the box and look for resolution. He's going to grab the one his friends get.

It matters in so far as it poses the question if 720p vs 1080p is going to be considered balanced from now on ;-)

I have absolutely no idea what's going on with this game, but I was right about there being absolutely no downclock to the Xbox One GPU, whereas at the time a number of others, including the "bird", seemed to have bet the farm on it happening so all I'm really saying is that his apparent level of excitement in itself isn't necessarily a confirmation.

He could very well be right on the mark. I honestly have no idea, but I don't think it'll be that long before we find out. I mean, I can't be the only person that finds it odd that this is only now just coming out simply because some PS4 footage of the new COD is shown. I imagine something like this would've been known well beforehand. Would we be having this conversation if the footage shown was labeled as the Xbox One version, or even a PC version? It seems to largely hinge on the basis that Infinity Ward is even bothering to show the PS4 version at all. In essence a classic case of where there's smoke, there must be fire.

But that's really all I have to say on the matter. :)

why would this stuff come out before hand? we almost never know the native resolutions of both the 360 and PS3 versions of multiplatform games before they launch.

we don't know the native resolutions of BF4 on Xbone and PS4, for example. ask PS3 owners how often they knew they were getting a gimped version ahead of time.

the inferior ports aren't generally shown, after all, and PC versions regularly stand in for both console versions.

EvB

The resolution wouldn't be an issue as TV isn't broadcast at 1080p

again with this nonsense.

Microsoft will not be paying developers to gimp PS4 versions of games. It can only back fire. There are no legitimate rumours supporting it. It's all just people *afraid* of it happening going 'but what if they did!'.

What are you talking about. I'm not even asserting that Microsoft is paying anyone to gimp software. WTF?!?

Read again:

Arrogant Bastard said:
I would be utterly shocked if CoD is 720p/60FPS on Xone and 1080P/60FPS on PS4. No way Microsoft would let that happen, right? CoD is one of those games that simply fly off the shelf, this would be a huge blow to Microsoft if true. I'm rather skeptical to say the least.

Vol5

I don't believe it's 720p on XB1

Thuway could very well have been trolling

Although I have no idea what the news actually is

I don't personally want to believe as it's pretty fucking terrible, but Thruway has repeatedly stated that when the XB1 hits people will see the problems MS / Devs are having with it.

And prior to that, he nailed the specs so in this case, I believe it.

GodofWine

I don't believe it...I'd just delay it and get it right if that was the case.

I just can't see this happening.

God this is exciting...its like watching a high wire act, if they make it, its awesome, if they fall (and dont get hurt), its awesome.

still not believing it.

...oboy. Fuck it, I'm out. See y'all later. It's been real.

*closes fallout shelter door, locks it firmly*

Oh damn

PaNaMa

Banned
If only Major Nelson or someone had a GAF account, and kept abreast of XBOX 1 related issues. I bet he'd chime in and set the record straight.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
...oboy. Fuck it, I'm out. See y'all later. It's been real.

*closes fallout shelter door, locks it firmly*

iOBlX6U.gif

The resolution wouldn't be an issue as TV isn't broadcast at 1080p

Yep. Even BBC HD is still only 1080i

So why people are going out and buying 4K tvs is anyones guess. We are a good ten years away from 4k tv. Just like high speed internet, its not a tech problem, its an infrastructure one.

what is going own here.... what is this madness
insiders?
chaos?

we need ORDER!

but if this is true then I am guessing it is more of a harder to port scenario where they haven't fully learnt how to optimize the XB1 hence making it a rushed product

in no way is it XB1 can't handle 1080p COD... right?

Dahaka

I think it's about trapping everybody, turning the lights off with us panicking like crazy and finally about God sorting us out. :(

Top Bottom