• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward wants Infinite Warfare to become an established CoD ‘sub-franchise’.

Bolivar687

Banned
Maybe they should have created a new IP then. It's counterproductive to try to shoehorn this game into a franchise where a demonstrably large cross section of the fan base doesn't want this.

Already announcing that you intend to further divert resources into this direction is tone deaf.

Huh...ND to COD, that's something alright. Guess that great showing during E3 wasn't a fluke.

Of course you do.
Ghosts was my second favorite CoD game and the cliffhanger REALLY stuck with me all these years. After Advanced Warfare (my least favorite modern Era CoD game) and BO3 (which I haven't played yet but plan on it but am not excited about it because I wasn't thrilled about BO2), I was SO down for a Ghosts 2. Oh well

With Titanfall 2 feeling like a big mess, they may get a chance to grab the future FPS crowd with Battlefield 1 taking the other big chunk this fall.

I hope they do a massive MP beta, every FPS game really needs one now to ensure it can handle a real 500k simultaneous player base.

Duxxy3

We still have yet to see multiplayer and it's nearing the end of august.

As far as I'm concerned the only "safe" COD developers are Treyarch and Raven. And that's just the multiplayer side. Campaign doesn't have any safe developers.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I know that. I'm saying would activision mind having two COD sub brands that are somewhat similar in name and scope

Black Ops is off and doing its own thing in a sense, where as AW and IW look to be more similar to each other

Not really...

One takes place in a time within our lifetieme, using many technology concepts that exist today, the other is a distant future scifi where interstellar travel and and super tech is common place.

They are further apart than Battlefield 1 is to Battlefield 4 in terms of timespan and difference in tech.

Consumer

Good, maybe the IW2 trailer can get even more dislikes than IW.

Seriously, we never asked for this. We wanted boots on the ground.

StereoVsn

I would but them two Naughty Dog lead designers hnnngggg!!!
I absolutely didn't realize that and was wavering on he pre-order. Now, between this and the MW remaster I am getting my first COD game since OG MW (got MW2 on sale years post release).

SP campaign looks pretty good and spacecraft arcade type fighting is always fun. Plus throw in BestBuy GCU (or say CDKeys) discount I am in. Heck, latter has the double pack for $55 I think.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I absolutely didn't realize that and was wavering on he pre-order. Now, between this and the MW remaster I am getting my first COD game since OG MW (got MW2 on sale years post release).

SP campaign looks pretty good and spacecraft arcade type fighting is always fun. Plus throw in BestBuy GCU (or say CDKeys) discount I am in. Heck, latter has the double pack for $55 I think.
I fucking have to pay $130 total in Canada 😂😖😭.
It's worth it for Modern Warfare alone, and Spaceland Zombies looks epic. If Infinite Warfare has a good campaign and good multiplayer maps, that's the cherry on top.

Blam

Game does look amazing imo, dont understand all that hate at all, I guess it's cool to bash on CoD nowadays.

Oh because they bundled COD4 with the $80 version of the game. Once again like you I don't get the hate, you are getting 2 Triple AAA games for the price of one and $20 over.

It's an amazing deal.

I fucking have to pay $130 total in Canada 😂😖😭.
It's worth it for Modern Warfare alone, and Spaceland Zombies looks epic. If Infinite Warfare has a good campaign and good multiplayer maps, that's the cherry on top.

Yeah seriously if the campaign is good then it's going to make everything just that much better.

Game does look amazing imo, dont understand all that hate at all, I guess it's cool to bash on CoD nowadays.

The severe dislike campaign was unwarranted, but the game made by the Ghosts team doesn't exactly instill confidence. They should've made Infinite Warfare instead of ghosts.

Fury451

Banned
What sub-franchises do they have going right now?

Ghosts seems DOA.

Advanced Warfare finished pretty closed-ended for the most part.

Black Ops' story needs to step away from the keyboard after 3.

This seems like the only contender for a new sub-series anyways.

He sounds like he wants what they should have been when 3 studios took the name, instead of what actually happened...stealth sequal after stealth sequal. Everything the same just a different skin. Nobody took a new path, and at the same time, nothing stuck to the original either.

KDC720

I wish them the best of luck, IW does look really interesting but they shouldn't count their chickens before they hatch, otherwise things like Ghost's ending happen.

Even then, the third entry in each CoD sub series so far have been the weakest. CoD 3, MW3, and Blops 3 are bottom tier CoD games imo, so maybe Infinity Ward should just cap it at 2.

Ensoul

Well I hope they can pull it off. Ghosts was easily the worst COD since the franchise because such a Juggernaut. IW, or what saved from the scrap heap, has not made a good COD game online since MW2 which was 7 years ago. I really couldn't care less about the single player aspect either. The last time I seriously played the SP for a COD game was in 2009.

I will buy COD as I always do. Hopefully I won't be let down by the MP aspect.

I hope they can deliver.

But... isn't it time to show some multiplayer footage?

Almost a year ago the black ops 3 beta was out. Now for whatever reason IW hasn't shown a second of the MP. I don't understand why they are showing everything but that. Maybe they don't have confidence in it?

IW looks good and the remaster looks great.

But Im not going to buy another game where I have to wait an extra month to get content others get. It killed BO3's longevity. It will do the same here.

FeD.nL

I love everything that they've shown so far of the campaign. Hopefully it lives up to the promises, but I cannot wait to dive into the SP of this one.

SpartanN92

Banned
For the love of god just make MW4

I'm getting so sick of futuristic bullshit shooters with thrusters and wall running and robots and other shit.

Falchion

As long as it's fun I'm fine with that. Advanced Warfare's world was awesome so I want more from them and Black Ops 3 was absolutely miserable so I hope they bury it.

Kalentan

Almost a year ago the black ops 3 beta was out. Now for whatever reason IW hasn't shown a second of the MP. I don't understand why they are showing everything but that. Maybe they don't have confidence in it?

We get the MP reveal this next month and their twitter said there would be a beta. (Granted it was deleted but I imagine that is because they weren't ready to announce it.)

blakep267

Not really...

One takes place in a time within our lifetieme, using many technology concepts that exist today, the other is a distant future scifi where interstellar travel and and super tech is common place.

They are further apart than Battlefield 1 is to Battlefield 4 in terms of timespan and difference in tech.
I meant in terms of gameplay. Not story

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Good luck with that. If you want COD to become a success, you have to start pushing some boundaries of storytelling, and your too afraid to do that.

These games are too afraid to humanize the enemy, too afraid to be anymore more than one note romps that are too up their own asses. BO2 was the only one that came close, and that one i think was most ambitious as a story telling device.

I want W@W 2 that actually humanizes the pacific campaign on both sides, and shows a side of the civilians turning soldier, and the allies confronting those civilians and soldiers alike in a nuanced way beyond the barrel of a gun, to tell a real war story, not just a shooting gallery

I wanted the same for ghosts:/

But I trust infinity ward will make an enjoyable cod for me. Can't wait to see what the multi looks like.
Same.

Never did play MW3, but besides that I've always preferred IW titles to Treyarch's by quite a margin.

I prefer modern military and historical shooters (two settings that are in scant supply this gen), but I'll give this a romp.

Good luck with that. If you want COD to become a success, you have to start pushing some boundaries of storytelling, and your too afraid to do that.
I'll take a good story if they actually have one to offer up, and it doesn't get in the way of the action and replayability, and elevates it, but story is the last thing on the list I look for in a COD. Its the scenarios themselves that have to deliver, not necessarily how they come together.

They said the same thing with Ghosts.

Though, this looks miles ahead of it. So it'll probably be a sub series.

Ghost's universe was fucking stupid,
They had to leave the MW universe so they could just rehash with a similar situation but with South Americans invading instead of the Russians.

Multiplayer was decent, but that campaign felt so small even compared to their bad MW3.

Top Bottom