• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Info via billbil-kun] Partial PS Plus Game Catalog additions for September

Bernoulli

M2 slut
explains the price bump

EMMcEbk.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Some very good games. I own the top 3 already, which is the issue I usually see for PS+. If you don't buy a lot of games though, you're in for a treat this month.

I played Unpacking on GP and it's alright. Nothing that amazing, but worth a shot if you want something different.

Last edited:

SSfox

Yeah.........

I'll give them until December. If they don't put Online for Free. Or at least create a brand new PS+ for Online play only for like 20-30$/Year, then i'm out and i'm going all out on PC, and all my games purshases will be all on PC.

Aenima

Pretty good game selection.
Still havent played Nier Replicant, one of the game that was on my wishlist. And will give Star Ocean a try despite not so great reviews.

And to everyone that havent played 13 Sentinels yet. DO IT!

Robbinhood

Banned
I almost bought 13 sentinels. Too bad I have NO TIME. My backlog is crazy. Maybe I'll get to it one day. WIsh we had these services back in the PS3 days when games were 10 hours.

Drive-by review of 13 Sentinels:

Too many character storylines by the end, but great sci-fi for 2/3 of the game. The RTS is pretty half-baked, it’s all about the visual novel aspects, IMO.

MarkMe2525

Not bad at all. I never got around to playing Neir Replica but I loved autonoma (I don't remember if this is the name). Unpacking is a surprisingly pleasant and engaging puzzle lite.

Neolombax

Real solid if true. I hope it is. And I hope its the same games for SEA region, we have a tendency to get shafted when it comes to PS Plus games.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Surprised to see people take these games so well. Are they really good?
Yes.

They are also the type of games that I think most people would have had on their wishlist. At least I have. They're high-quality games, though.

1XRaNAz.jpg
8wuXqRD.jpg
znebRzv.jpg
m5oxfCq.jpg

And there will likely be ~12 more games in addition to the 6 mentioned above. And that makes it a very good month, in my opinion.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Just a heads up :

Nier replicant, while nice, looks very rough on a 4K screen, jaggies and blur-o-vision everywhere since it didn't receive a patch on PS and renders at 1080p.

Not bad. We'll see if the full additions reflect better quality after the price hike.
There is practically zero chance the price hike will result in any change of the content.
Practically every significant game was or is on the service. Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raider, Mafia, Metro, Avengers, AC, RDR2, Borderlands 3, much of the Bethesda catalogue...
The only missing major pieces are GTA 4 and 5, and the CoDs.
Almost all first party games are on the service and the price hike itself proves that Sony is already in the milking phase and not in the MAU acquiring phase like MS still is, so they want that sweet 70+ per purchase. And a day one fantasy is more unlikely than ever before.

The thing I don't get though is why they did not at least bundle the price change info with the start of PS5 streaming, which is about to arrive soon (-ish?). Sure, streaming will only be Premium, but at least they could have said this one thing. Maybe even throw in a free trial week each quarter of Premium for subscribing to Extra, and a some single weekends now and then for Essential users to make a half assed attempt on justifying higher prices with certainly big investment costs that streaming has.
They could also have waited a bit longer with R&C, Horizon, Returnal, Spiderman etc a list of their first party games and released it now to soften the blow.

I am not really upset about the new price but marketing wise just saying it costs more without anything is just bad.

No idea why people feel the need to leak such infos, apart from feeling important with their internet egos. If true, sort of meh month for me I guess. So more important and interesting will be which games are leaving for me.

Top Bottom