• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inhumans Cancelled – No Season 2 Already? ABC Promotes ‘Complete Series’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
I didn’t see that coming.

giphy.gif

abundant

Iron Fist would like a word.

Iron Fist was a misstep. They'll still salvage the character with other shows. Inhumans on the other hand is a big L for MCU because there's no chance any of these characters will pop up in another show without it getting the reboot treatment.

Bladelaw

I do feel sorry for the actors. For the most part, they seemed really passionate about the series and seemed really excited about being involved. Can't help but think about Anson Mount learning 30 pages of an imaginary sign language for something like this.

I'm with you here. All the interviews were really interesting and you could tell they might actually give a damn. Either that or their interview acting is Emmy worthy.

hamchan

No surprise from the people responsible for Dexter post season 4 and Ultimatum, the event that killed the entire Ultimate universe line.

I do feel sorry for the actors. For the most part, they seemed really passionate about the series and seemed really excited about being involved. Can't help but think about Anson Mount learning 30 pages of an imaginary sign language for something like this.

Iwan Rheon too deserves better than this. He was incredible in the Misfits, and obviously in GoT.

I'm convinced the Jeph Loeb who wrote great comics like Batman: The Long Halloween and Spider-Man: Blue isn't actually the same Jeph Loeb who does all this TV stuff.

It's the only logical explanation.

Marvel should just play nice with Fox and do good Xmen shows. Do people really like the Inhumans because they've been trying to push them for years.

Marvel should just play nice with Fox and do good Xmen shows. Do people really like the Inhumans because they've been trying to push them for years.
They actually are doing X-Men shows with Fox. Legion happened and it was damn good television. They've also got a show called Gifted coming up and its first episode had positive reception from critics, I believe.

Dunno how involved Marvel TV are, though. At least enough to get credited.

berzeli

Banned
Oh, so we did have a thread.

This is a stupid article. And anyone whose reaction isn't "Hey isn't that literally how they have promoted the show from the beginning" is also stupid.
Complete refers to it not just being a cut-down version of the two first episodes showed into a cinema.
Don't worry, it will still suck and very likely to get cancelled but fucking hell this stupid article is not evidence of it.

They actually are doing X-Men shows with Fox. Legion happened and it was damn good television. They've also got a show called Gifted coming up and its first episode had positive reception from critics, I believe.

Dunno how involved Marvel TV are, though. At least enough to get credited.

I'm aware of Legion, but even as good as it is, it would never be as popular as an X-Men live action show, assuming they could do it right.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I feel like this is a non-story

The show was announced as a limited series and probably using the "Complete Series" tag since it officially already had its episodes debut in cinemas.

Now see the whole thing.

That said, I don't expect it to last more than this season, but I don't think this is anything

If it had gotten great reviews and high ratings, the suits would have made sure it got a season two.

A cancellation is a cancellation.

Penguin

If it had gotten great reviews and high ratings, the suits would have made sure it got a season two.

A cancellation is a cancellation.

And I don't disagree with that

What I'm saying is this isn't a cancellation.

This is how it's been marketed. I don't expect a second season, but this isn't a confirmation of that one way or another.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
And I don't disagree with that

What I'm saying is this isn't a cancellation.

This is how it's been marketed. I don't expect a second season, but this isn't a confirmation of that one way or another.

True, it's not an official cancellation, but it's a glimpse at what the thinking is behind the scenes.

Cancellation is just a network saying "we don't want to make more of this show." This isn't like the old It miniseries where they're adapting a novel over several hours of television and once they're done they're done. Inhumans clearly has enough material to go on for several seasons. But after the low ticket sales and bad critical reception from its Imax debut, the marketing is pushing the TV debut as "the complete series," and I don't feel like those things aren't related.

Penguin

True, it's not an official cancellation, but it's a glimpse at what the thinking is behind the scenes.

Cancellation is just a network saying "we don't want to make more of this show." This isn't like the old It miniseries where they're adapting a novel over several hours of television and once they're done they're done. Inhumans clearly has enough material to go on for several seasons. But after the low ticket sales and bad critical reception from its Imax debut, the marketing is pushing the TV debut as "the complete series," and I don't feel like those things aren't related.

But again

1)This isn't a NEW poster

2)We are also in uncharted territory where a show has premiered in another format before premiering on TV so we can't even point to another series to be like this is how ABC traditionally words these type of shows and the likes

KonradLaw

Terrible news. I was hoping for many seasons, because they would make Scott Buck busy and thus save any other potential Marvel show from him

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Penguin is right and this is a total bullshit clickbait story.

They've advertised the show for months using "complete series" as a way to differentiate from the IMAX debut. It's as simple as that. It has nothing to do with reaction to the IMAX run or anything. It doesn't say a damned thing about whether or not the show will continue. This is a fabricated story with fabricated headlines.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
The source in the OP is literally the equivalent of a forum post. It's not even 100 words. This seems extremely premature, even if it's likely.

Plus all the stuff Penguin has already pointed out.

Sober

That's Black Bolt. When he speaks, it's super destructive.

I think after getting hit with the nightstick, he cries out in pain or something and that's the force coming out of him.

Except Black Bolt is supposed to also be super strong and tough, so a cop's nightstick should do nothing to him. Also, there's no reason for him to squat like he's taking a shit when he uses his power.
At least if he was nerfed I would get it, but it's not like the direction in the scene is "strain as hard as you can in pain to stop yourself, but something slips through." Looks more like popping a casual squat and grunting.

watership

why the fuck would you make Inhumans on a network TV budget

This was a power struggle thing between Kevin Feige and Perlmutter. I'm thinking that when Marvel Studios decided to postpone or cancel the Inhumans movie, Perlmutter thought he could cash in on something a bunch of people were excited for, with minimal effort. Perlmutter has always been strict on budgets and spending, and it's why Fiege fought to get out from under his thumb and under Disney directly. It's also why the Marvel TV properties, Netflix and ABC, still had much smaller budgets than the WB stuff like Arrow and Flash etc.

Kevin Feige's battle against Perlmutter came to a head during filming of Captain American: Civil War

But again

1)This isn't a NEW poster

2)We are also in uncharted territory where a show has premiered in another format before premiering on TV so we can't even point to another series to be like this is how ABC traditionally words these type of shows and the likes

Didn't Buck Rogers (fron the 1970s) premiere in theaters as a movie first before the television series aired? Not exactly uncharted territory.

Let us forget about this show

bad-inhumans.gif

try again in 10 years

In the show's (very minor and completely undeserved) defense, this is just super sloppily cut for the trailer. In the actual scene he gets beaten like a chump then tazed, thus resulting in the squeak.

Why am I even explaining this?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
At this point, I think Marvel would be smart to not release this. Don't taint the Inhumans with a trashy Scott Buck shitshow. Don't put it out. It's not like ABC will lose from this. Just cancel that shit ASAP, and delete it from the MCU, and start over eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom