• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Initial D style Arcade Racers?

Type_Raver

Hi all, so im looking for an arcade experience not unlike Initial D for the PS4.

I like the theme of JDM vehicles, tokyo (or Japan) arcade racing, which doesnt take itself seriously.
Did a quick search but couldnt find anything for the PS4, nor do I know exactly what to look for.

Any recommendations gaf?

Type_Raver

Inertial Drift
reminds me of Auto Modellista back on the PS2.

What about the Midnight club style racing games? More traditional racing (not drifting)
I havent played anything of the sorts tbh and dont know much about them.

The other day I saw Midnight Maxmimum Tune 6 at the local arcades, and is basically what im after but a home version.

Guilty_AI

reminds me of Auto Modellista back on the PS2.

What about the Midnight club style racing games? More traditional racing (not drifting)
I havent played anything of the sorts tbh and dont know much about them.

The other day I saw Midnight Maxmimum Tune 6 at the local arcades, and is basically what im after but a home version.
The first ones in that style to see would be Need for Speed Heat or The Crew 2. Opinions on those are rather mixed though.
Next option would be Assetto Corsa with mods. But its a sim.

If not that, you'd be stuck waiting for titles like CarX Street or Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown to release. Either that or really just go back to the classics titles from the 2000's.

Not a whole lot to choose from, racing scene is kind of weak these days. You can find some good stuff but you can't be picky.

Last edited:
Top Bottom