• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 - Fighter Pack 2 Reveal Trailer

Ryce

So what if the non-MK guest character silhouettes actually are red herrings?

”Constantine" silhouette -> smoking occult detective -> Hellboy (”Hellblazer")
”Azrael" silhouette -> edgy ‘90s religion-themed antihero -> Spawn

Q8D3vil

Probably similar to the male female ratio in everything else. I get what you're saying. But I'd say Hawkgirl, Zatanna, Batgirl, and Raven prob deserved to come back from the first game. I also would've loved some lesser known characters like Big Barda, Huntress, Jade, Mera, Stargirl, etc. Anyway I'm just bummed we didn't get a lady.

Fuck, I'm going to think of this every time. Blouse.

I'm all in for Mera in this game, best DC girl by far.

Khezu

Black Lightning was the first black character to headline his own DC comic. He means a lot more to DC history than you're giving him credit for.

That doesn't mean anything if he is boring and the average person would still rather have Static.

Maybe if his show does well people will care about him.

vg260

Considering the Spawn silhouette was modified to look more like Azrael, I'm thinking the final character is Rorschach. The silhouette looks a lot like him if you add a brim to the hat.

uXVXUpR.png
Are you sure that Rorscach one isn't really Hellboy just slimmed down and/or slightly altered? It could be. I haven't compared super closely, but I think it's a possibility. I think any of the nondescript ones could be anybody at this point.

Ryce

Are you sure that Rorscach one isn't really Hellboy just slimmed down and/or slightly altered? It could be. I haven't compared super closely, but I think it's a possibility. I think any of the nondescript ones could be anybody at this point.
It's definitely not an actual silhouette of Hellboy, but you're right in that it might be intended to represent him anyway.

So what if the non-MK guest character silhouettes actually are red herrings?

“Constantine” silhouette -> smoking occult detective -> Hellboy (“Hellblazer”)
“Azrael” silhouette -> edgy ‘90s religion-themed antihero -> Spawn

To that end I'm hoping the Atom teases are a herring for Dr. Manhattan

Perfect tie-in for whatever nonsense DC is doing this Fall

mas8705

I guess if you are going to have "plain looking" characters like Raiden and Black Manta, you need to follow it up with a mic drop. Hellboy can certainly get that done.

Mind you though I haven't really seen Black Manta in action all too much, so it will be fun to see what kind of moveset he will have.

Cool, Raiden default gear is garbage tho.

Still hopin' for a Shazam premium skin. Most of his moves in IJ1 were similar (projectile lightning, teleport, a full screen charge).

Neoxon

I have to guess that there's a good chance Black Lightning or Static Shock will be revealed as a Premier Skin for Raiden.
- People are not happy about Raiden to begin with and this relieves some of that sting.
- Either of them brings so much needed diversity to the lineup (though locking Cheetah, John Stewart and one of these two behind premium skins feels wrong).

That said, like I alluded to earlier, if Raiden gets some Big Trouble In Little China gear, all is forgiven for me.
It's not Static Shock, just Static.

Between the Milestone legal issues and Raiden's lack of a flying saucer, a Static premier skin doesn't seem likely. I'm praying for Black Lightning, though. It's so perfect that NRS would be stupid not to do it -- there's a Black Lightning TV show in the works, and Black Lightning and Raiden have practically identical power sets.
Milestone is in good graces with DC, hence Static in Young Justice Season 3.

DMVfan123

Banned
I guess I gotta spring for the season pass
don't even know why because I know I'm gonna suck at the game and have nobody to play with

Zetta

Black Manta looks perfect and Hellboy is a welcomed character but damn I wish Raiden wasn't in this. Hopefully he is the last unlock on this pack and when he does release they give him a Static or Black Lightning skin.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Heaven to fuck, please don't put Watchmen characters in this game, NRS. I would have to play as them and it would feel wrong and icky.

Slime

Banned
Great, now I want a (good) Hellboy game.

The swagger didn't really ring true, though. That rocket should have blown him through the wall, then the floor, then he should have said "Oh crap," gotten back up, and punched Black Manta in the face.

Top Bottom