• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

That's not the narrative that NRS fans have created.

And I'll never agree that game balance should be dictated by people who don't even care about learning how to play.

But maybe NRS will patch lol.

There's a balance to be struck when making a game accessible to newcomers.

I agree that dumbing down a game too much would be detrimental, but it's also good for the long term health of the game that newbies be provided a gentler learning curve.

At some stage, every fighting game player needs to learn to accept that in a well designed fighting game, their losses are entirely their fault. But I don't think throwing newbies immediately into the deep end and insisting they internalize that mindset immediately is the best way to do it

tragic

Developer
Outside of the drops/Mother Boxes, you also receive an ability when a character reaches Level 10 and Level 20.

These are from the Beta (it's possible there have been changes):

Thanks a bunch. I knew I saw a list somewhere. Damn, got Robin to 20 but didn't get the Ability I wanted =(.

Xeteh

Is the ability rewarded random? I haven't levelled a single character to 20, let alone 10 yet. I assumed it was a specific ability.

I'm willing to bet it is set and not a random ability.

If anyone else has hit 10 on Harley or Black Canary

Harley: He Loves Me
BC: Air Canary Cry

ajanke

Yea I have Black Adam at 20, zoning won't really work on it that well I think.
Watching you play and getting those two diamond mother boxes was nuts haha. You destroyed that boss. Haha. I feel like it's taking forever to level up my main. Got to level 10.

FYI be careful if the severs go down. I lost 2 entire levels of progression earlier.

Perineum

I would hate to try to play this game seriously at a high level. It can literally be 2 combos with some characters who have 1 meter, and boom you just lost the first round.

On top of that the chip damage is WAY too high for my liking. You block a string and still eat 10% of a health bar...wtf.

Sheroking

Since I feel like I'm the only Joker player on Earth, I'll leave some of my findings here for new players trying to pick him up. Though I'm not expert here, I did start from nothing and have beaten some decent players on the way to a 55+% ranked win-rate.

Best buttons are:

Low-1 - a six frame crouch jab
Back-1 - a deceptively rangey nine frame low that is special cancellable. Leads to a very unsafe, but very fast, low-overhead string.
Forward-2 - a mid with good range. Strings into 1, which is a safe on block overhead and into 3, 2 crowbar for 25% damage.
BNB combo is 2 -1 - 3. It's safe on block. Can be meterburned for 30+% damage and a set-up with teeth.

Trait has potential, but only in match-ups where you can't be punished full screen. Joker has access to new juggles with trait level 2 or 3 because he can clear the distance faster, but I haven't maximized any of them yet.

Best punish combo I've found is: 2 - 1 - 3 meterburn down-2, jump-2 step forward a bit, 2 into gunshot. You may want to forego the damage and stay on top of characters like Black Adam or Deadshot, though. Haven't done the work.

Any tips for fighting game noobs like me? I feel like I'm mashing buttons rather than actually input proper combo. The frame for input combo is too short for me

VLEXP

Can anyone recommend me a good fight stick for PS4? Not that expensive but decent maybe below 100 US dollars, if possible.

Thank you

ajanke

Any tips for fighting game noobs like me? I feel like I'm mashing buttons rather than actually input proper combo. The frame for input combo is too short for me
Been practicing hard. Thumb feels dead and haven't made much progress. Hope I get passed this wall lol.

wrongway

Been practicing hard. Thumb feels dead and haven't made much progress. Hope I get passed this wall lol.

sup tired thumb bro. I've spent the evening trying almost everyone out in practice mode, and my thumbs are toast. I don't know how the dedicated pad players do it lol. If I get deep into this and/or Tekken I'll want a stick just for egonomics.

Magwik

Banned
reboot-png.12976

huh

Xeteh

sup tired thumb bro. I've spent the evening trying almost everyone out in practice mode, and my thumbs are toast. I don't know how the dedicated pad players do it lol. If I get deep into this and/or Tekken I'll want a stick just for egonomics.

You get used to it.

Xevren

Watching you play and getting those two diamond mother boxes was nuts haha. You destroyed that boss. Haha. I feel like it's taking forever to level up my main. Got to level 10.

FYI be careful if the severs go down. I lost 2 entire levels of progression earlier.

Glad you got some boxes! For whatever reason I thought the guild as a whole got one whenever I'd beat it and that's not how it works, I'm dumb. Will have to try and arrange some kinda sessions to help people get some diamond boxes.

I usually use a stick but decided to play with a controller comfortably on my couch and I couldn't even use my thumb 2 hrs into the campaign.

Sheroking

Strings are weird.

You mostly just have to get your head around not timing your button presses based on your character, and enter your strings like 1, 2, 3. It will all come out.

Once you figure that out, it's just about committing your combos to muscle memory.

Certain combos have faster inputs than others, if your having trouble I suggest trying a different combo or a simpler one. Or try a different character in general. Other than that, you just have to keep trying until it starts working for you.

Strings are weird.

You mostly just have to get your head around not timing your button presses based on your character, and enter your strings like 1, 2, 3. It will all come out.

Once you figure that out, it's just about committing your combos to muscle memory.
Certain combos have faster inputs than others, if your having trouble I suggest trying a different combo or a simpler one. Or try a different character in general. Other than that, you just have to keep trying until it starts working for you.

Thanks for the tips. Guess I need to practice more

Naite

Just restarted my ps4 and noticed that all the XP I earned in multiverse mode is gone, but all the progress and gear I got remains. I need a break.

Xeteh

Just restarted my ps4 and noticed that all the XP I earned in multiverse mode is gone, but all the progress and gear I got remains. I need a break.

So yesterday I got DC'd from the servers pretty early in to playing. Played through the story and did all the tutorial stuff so I opened a shitload of boxes and got a bunch of gear. Finally decided to restart the game to see if I could reconnect. I lost some 15kish gold and ~3500 source crystals once I connected. All my gear and exp was the same, it was just the currencies that were fucked. Randomly today while playing I suddenly had it all back again, so hopefully yours comes back.

J_Viper

Wanna fite irl

1v1 me bro

But really, it's just too much. She's doing the Bubbles voice times a hundred and it just isn't working. It's too bad, because this is the GOAT Harley design.

They should've gone with a Margot sound alike instead

ajanke

Strings are weird.

I'll try this out. Need to get the speed down. Sometimes I'm too fast and sometimes too slow

Just saw the
Constantine assist
on the Multiverse thing.
There's no way he won't be a DLC character (his icon with the lighter it's so cool)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm surprised how much I've been liking Black Canary so far, didn't care at all when I saw her in the game but her moveset is pretty damn fun.

Top Bottom