• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

RED HOOD.

DLwBCdx.gif

SWAMP THING

4753536-swamp+thing.jpg

Glorious, you really caught the character's personality. And man, that Superman burn to Red Hood was a really low blow.

Speaking of Red Hood, vote for your Robin(former or not).
Didn't Nightwing get killed by Damian in an accident in the Injusticeverse?

Aw c'mon Boon, Jason already won a poll already.

And yes, Dick died in the Injusticeverse but according to the comics, he's Deadman now.

Gotta say, it's becoming really tiring to see ed boon just doing twitter polls for I2 characters and nothing else. Even an announcement for an announcement would be nice at this point.

delSai

At this point i have little to no doubt that Red Hood is in.

Kinda weird that Ed is doing all the PR right now lol, i guess thats one way to keep people talking

I just want Batwoman in at the most. Unfortunately I think she'd be relegated to DLC at best, but I'd love to be wrong. Aside from that, other newcomers I'd be down for are Red Hood, Poison Ivy, Captain Cold and Beast Boy. I think they could have some pretty neat movesets.

Also Condiment King or riot.

I just want Batwoman in at the most. Unfortunately I think she'd be relegated to DLC at best, but I'd love to be wrong. Aside from that, other newcomers I'd be down for are Red Hood, Poison Ivy, Captain Cold and Beast Boy. I think they could have some pretty neat movesets.

I would love to see Batwoman make the cut but I think the chances are slim. I'd be happy with a skin for another character even if her fighting style is distinctively military.

I would love to see Batwoman make the cut but I think the chances are slim. I'd be happy with a skin for another character even if her fighting style is distinctively military.
I think she's in. The comics ended with a "she's most likely alive" scene.

Khezu

Idk, nothing they've shown of I2 so far has done anything for me and I enjoyed the first one quite a bit

The armor system sounds like unecessary bloat designed to sell DLC armor that will make online players overpowered (yes, I know there is going to be a no-armor mode but the game is being designed with the armor as the main focus which bothers me). The game looks straight-up ugly, which is weird considering MKX looked great and had Netherrealm's best art design by a country mile.

I hope they've retooled some of it when they eventually show it again

Kinda in a similar situation.

I'll play it anyway since it's going to be more Injustice, but with good netcode.

I think the "newer" shown characters Harley, Deadshot, and Wonder Woman look much better then the characters from the initial reveal. Hoping the rest of the roster is more like them, and less like Superchucky and Atrocitus.

The stages and color is good, and the lightning got significantly improved in the Harley build.

Biggest problem is the facial mocap looking weird, and animations being reused, mostly because I thought they improved a lot with MKX, so it's a shame they are using old shit.
Oh and some of the characters defualts and gear being way to damn overdesigned.

And Blue Beetle being the ugliest thing ever put into an NRS game.

Flowmoney

It would be awesome to have Static and Black Lightning's Daughters. (Thunder and Lightning)

Lightning could just be in her fathers place as potential rep. Not saying that even he would get in with Cyborg being character that NRS likes.

Thunder can create shockwaves and increase her density to reduce her vulnerability.

With Static , it would be cool for him to have flight mode on his disc and him having ability to control interactables without approaching them. I thought he would have been in at mention of them in first Injustice but turns out he wasn't in. I am sure that his moveset can be different from Lightning.

delSai

I think we're going to get 3 DLC Packs, with 4 characters each. Basically one Mortal Kombat Pack (Sub-Zero, Reptile, Raiden, Johnny?), Guest Character Pack (Hellboy, Spawn and whoever else) and 4 more DC characters. Probably mixed up so 2 DC Characters, 2 Guests and so on.

I think we're going to get 3 DLC Packs, with 4 characters each. Basically one Mortal Kombat Pack (Sub-Zero, Reptile, Raiden, Johnny?), Guest Character Pack (Hellboy, Spawn and whoever else) and 4 more DC characters. Probably mixed up so 2 DC Characters, 2 Guests and so on.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they do even more!

Though I REALLY wish they'd tone down the guest characters for this game.

delSai

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they do even more!

Though I REALLY wish they'd tone down the guest characters for this game.

I dont mind other Comic Characters that have crossed over with DC before.
MK Characters im not a huge fan of, i would probably still buy all of 'em, but they have their own game and should stay in that one. And yea, i know that Scorpion was the most downloaded character in the first game :p

I dont mind other Comic Characters that have crossed over with DC before.
MK Characters im not a huge fan of, i would probably still buy all of 'em, but they have their own game and should stay in that one. And yea, i know that Scorpion was the most downloaded character in the first game :p

Yeah, I should have specified that I specifically meant the characters from MK or from the WB movies and stuff.

Comic characters should be fair game.

delSai

I'm wondering how WB/NetherRealm is going to handle Costume DLC. Now that Costume Pieces are really important and change your character, it would be really unfair to lock 'em behind DLC.

And i'd like new stages after release, even if they're just remasters or whatever of Injustice 1 stages.

Their massive hard-on for guest characters is the one thing I will neither understand nor ever like about NRS. I really would prefer this being a pure DC game, and no guests from video games, TV shows, movies or anything. The only characters I could somewhat tolerate is other comic book characters, but even that would only be grudgingly.

Their massive hard-on for guest characters is the one thing I will neither understand nor ever like about NRS. I really would prefer this being a pure DC game, and no guests from video games, TV shows, movies or anything. The only characters I could somewhat tolerate is other comic book characters, but even that would only be grudgingly.
It's due to them selling the best out of all DLC characters. People are more likely to buy Buffy than they are to pick up Mera.

delSai

Plus having those Non-Gaming Guest characters might be the only way to ever have 'em in a Fighting Game.

Just dont throw in 30 MK characters as DLC and keep out characters that wont make much sense like i dunno, Mad Max or something. Stick to Comics.

Ross61

Oh wow, i totally didnt expect Red Hood to win this vote!

CzGiA-FUcAAxtes.jpg:large

Red Hood has to be the most favorite Bat Family member for casual fans. Did Under The Red Hood have that much of an influence? Or is it contrary to GAF and actual people outside the forum prefer angst ridden anti-heroes.

delSai

Here's some interesting stuff from an Interview Gamereactor did in September. I dont think i have seen this one before.

Interesting parts:

"There's going to be definitely an opportunity to go through the story mode, and we're definitely going to leave them wanting to go through it perhaps a second time."

Play as the Good or Bad Guys? Maybe some kind of New Game+?

"We're going to have a number of single-player modes; we're really trying to round out our offerings for people who enjoy our games as single players. Of course, a whole suite of online modes as well, both competitive and potentially some co-operative modes as well."

I guess Star Labs Missions are coming back as well as the different Battles and of course the Story Mode. The Coop Part is interesting. Irrc, Tag Team was already denied. So what could it be? Some kind of Faction Battle thing? Maybe the Scarecrow Test Your Luck Mode that was in the first game for Multiplayer this time?

Sorry if i'm the only one who didnt read this and it's old news for ya'll.

Here's some interesting stuff from an Interview Gamereactor did in September. I dont think i have seen this one before.

Interesting parts:

Play as the Good or Bad Guys? Maybe some kind of New Game+?

I guess Star Labs Missions are coming back as well as the different Battles and of course the Story Mode. The Coop Part is interesting. Irrc, Tag Team was already denied. So what could it be? Some kind of Faction Battle thing? Maybe the Scarecrow Test Your Luck Mode that was in the first game for Multiplayer this time?

Sorry if i'm the only one who didnt read this and it's old news for ya'll.
The Towers from MKX seems to have been received well so they might be back as well. The game got surges in popularity when different holidays happened and everyone wanted to see what crazy things happened.

delSai

They could also put some season specific gear as rewards in the DC equivalent of the Towers. For Halloween especially there could be awesome gear pieces.

"As I was walking down the street one day...."

Ed with a new tease.
Honestly, i dont know that guy :/ Maybe one of you guys can tell me who that is, what he does and all that. Feeling like such a noob right now lol. He looks pretty cool tho.

That's Hourman. He is a member of the JSA. He derives his powers from Miraclo pills that grant him super strength, durability and speed for an hour. He also has an hourglass that shows him visions of the future (an hour later).

delSai

That's Hourman. He is a member of the JSA. He derives his powers from Miraclo pills that grant him super strength, durability and speed for an hour. He also has an hourglass that shows him visions of the future (an hour later).

Thanks, i havent heard about him before. Sounds like an interesting character tho!

delSai

Soo... what do you guys think? Are they gonna throw us one more reveal trailer for the year, a lil X-Mas Gift, or will they drop all the surprises starting next year, with a shit ton of content up until april, where the game hopefully launches?

Soo... what do you guys think? Are they gonna throw us one more reveal trailer for the year, a lil X-Mas Gift, or will they drop all the surprises starting next year, with a shit ton of content up until april, where the game hopefully launches?

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think we'll see new information until next year. I honestly cannot wait for this, one of my most wanted titles of 2017.

vg260

I'm not expecting anything until next year.

J-Tier

Its hard for me to get excited for this game again after no reveals for so long, and MvCi stealing all the thunder.

They really need to do something.

delSai

Its hard for me to get excited for this game again after no reveals for so long, and MvCi stealing all the thunder.

They really need to do something.

Why cant you be excited for both? Different types of fighting games, one very likely releasing in Q1 and the other late in the year. Just curious.

Top Bottom