• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

My official predictions for season 1 of DLC (aka the first 9) are:

Constantine
Starfire
Static

Red Hood
Black Manta
Ares (releasing right around the time WW release in theaters)

Spawn
Sub-Zero or maybe Johnny Cage
Dr Manhattan

Replace Ares with Vixen and Dr. Manhattan with Katana and we'll basically be in agreement.

Speaking of Injustice 1, most of the Injustice 2 newcomers make cameo appearances in some form or another.
  • Robin - Nightwing’s alternate Regime costume is Damian Wayne
  • Black Canary - Green Arrow has a picture of her in story mode (and there’s concept art of her, possibly suggesting that she was going to be playable)
  • Doctor Fate - his costume is on display in the Hall of Justice
  • Poison Ivy - her cell is in the Arkham Asylum stage
  • Mr. Freeze (premier skin) - his cell is also in the Arkham Asylum stage
  • Scarecrow - he’s in an Arkham Asylum stage transition and in a few of the S.T.A.R. Labs missions
  • Atrocitus - he’s in the background of Metropolis and in a S.T.A.R. Labs mission
  • Gorilla Grodd - he’s in the background of Stryker’s Island
  • Deadshot - he’s also in the background of Stryker’s Island
  • Darkseid - he’s in a Hall of Justice stage transition
Only Supergirl, Swamp Thing, Blue Beetle, Firestorm, Brainiac, Cheetah, and Captain Cold aren’t directly referenced in the game, though Supergirl, Swamp Thing, and Brainiac have support cards in the mobile game.

Interesting observations. More interesting is the fact that despite their cameos in the first game, none of the above characters were released via DLC.

sinkfla87

Yo. What systems are you on and can I FR you for all things Injustice? I am XB1 and PS4 for reference.

Absolutely! I'm on PS4 and Xbox also, Sinkfla is my name on both. I guess I'm getting the ultimate edition on PS4 but might go digital on Xbox as well. Always happy to play new people.

Deadshot is the third man in this week's stream? I thought it would have been Brainiac--guess they're saving him for a later stream.

I'll look forward to it either way.

I'm getting excited for this game. I'm excited about gear, just hope it's not lame. I'm afraid people won't take it serious since it won't be usable in tournaments.

However, the people I play with will be online so hopefully some people will actually choose to play with gear. I intend to because I've been wanting a fighting game with RPG elements for a long time and this is essentially just that.
They already basically confirmed there be a mode for people who only want to use gear, nothing to worry about

sinkfla87

Sinkfla, is the community you created on the PS4 for the beta, still up?

Yeah, it is! It's just been competely neglected since the beta ended haha. I need to do more with it and make it not look shitty lol. I think the title is just Injustice 2 GAF, I'll double check tonight if anyone else is interested in joining!

bubumiao

Yeah, it is! It's just been competely neglected since the beta ended haha. I need to do more with it and make it not look shitty lol. I think the title is just Injustice 2 GAF, I'll double check tonight if anyone else is interested in joining!

Sinkfla87, I added you on PSN. I found your group on ps4 "Injustice GAF" but it's locked. Ya might want to add a "2" to the name of the group if you can, or just make a new one altogether.

Anyone here is welcome to add me for Injustice 2 (or any other multiplayer games - I play mostly 2D fighters & RPGs). My PSN ID: Pei-Yu

Haha. You did a great job putting together something for the growing number of beta participants. I'm sure it'll be used more readily once the game launches, especially in order to share our custom characters.

Sinkfla87, I added you on PSN. I found your group on ps4 "Injustice GAF" but it's locked. Ya might want to add a "2" to the name of the group if you can, or just make a new one altogether.

Anyone here is welcome to add me for Injustice 2 (or any other multiplayer games - I play mostly 2D fighters & RPGs). My PSN ID: Pei-Yu

Add me; my PSN ID is: pock3tmonstr

Tyaren

My official predictions for season 1 of DLC (aka the first 9) are:

Constantine
Starfire
Static

Red Hood
Black Manta
Ares (releasing right around the time WW release in theaters)

Spawn
Sub-Zero or maybe Johnny Cage
Dr Manhattan

I thought the exact DLC character list was already leaked, by the same guy who leaked the release roster?

1. Darkseid
2. Starfire
3. Black Manta
4. Spawn
5. Terra
6. Katana
7. Klarion The Witch Boy
8. Static Shock

One missing though... Red Hood?

I thought the exact DLC character list was already leaked, by the same guy who leaked the release roster?

1. Darkseid
2. Starfire
3. Black Manta
4. Spawn
5. Terra
6. Katana
7. Klarion The Witch Boy
8. Static Shock

Klarion? Hell yes. Though if true, I have to wonder why NRS is so obsessed with cat companions.

Compbros

1. Darkseid
2. Starfire
3. Black Manta
4. Spawn
5. Terra
6. Katana
7. Klarion The Witch Boy
8. Static Shock

It'd be 2 missing since Darkseid isn't part of the 9 but I don't believe it. 1 guest character and no MK? Nope.

Yeah, Klarion would make me pretty happy though. Especially if Teekl goes beast mode for some of his attacks.

Klarion is an unusual choice, that's for sure, but definitely an exciting one. He's the last character I'd have expected to make the roster. Beast Mode Teekl would be crazy.

Tyaren

Edit: Also, Darkseid is not part of the 9.

It'd be 2 missing since Darkseid isn't part of the 9 but I don't believe it. 1 guest character and no MK? Nope.

Darkseid is a DLC character though... Back then the leaker didn't know Darkseid would come out with the game for people that preodered the game. He only knew he was not part of the initial roster. Which remains true.

He also got the initial roster and premium costumes right, so I think this isn't fake.

J-Tier

Darkseid is a DLC character though... Back then the leaker didn't know Darkseid would come out with the game for people that preodered the game. He only knew he was not part of the initial roster. Which remains true.
Regardless, we know for sure that there are 9 more DLC not including Darkseid, so assuming the supposed leak is true, there's still two on the table.

EDIT: Would you mind posting the source? We've been vigilantly following the game since it's initial announcement and have known about the full roster leak from the start--but the "DLC leak" doesn't ring a bell for me.

If
Red Hood
is DLC, then I'd wager he'll be the first DLC character announced, given it's likely he just made an appearance in Injustice 2 #2;
disguised as Batman.
To elaborate,
Batman supposedly tracks Harley Quinn to wherever she's being held by Amanda Waller and Rick Flag, then kills both with two guns.
Of note is
Batman's red eye lenses and pose, both of which echo Red Hood.

Tyaren

EDIT: Would you mind posting the source? We've been vigilantly following the game since it's initial announcement and have known about the full roster leak from the start--but the "DLC leak" doesn't ring a bell for me.

There was apparently a Reddit post in January that got quickly taken down. People copied the list though and it was posted on several others forums, such as Gamefaqs:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191336-injustice-2/74866872

Here the full list from over three months ago:

Full Roster + Costumes:

1. Superman
2. Batman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Supergirl / Power Girl
5. Atrocitus
6. Gorilla Grodd
7. Blue Beetle
8. Harley Quinn
9. Deadshot
10. Aquaman
11. Joker
12. Bane
13. Poison Ivy
14. Swamp Thing
15. Black Canary
16. Catwoman
17. Cyborg
18. Hal Jordan / John Stewart
19. Cheetah
20. Firestorm
21. Flash / Zoom
22. Scarecrow
23. Green Arrow
24. Captain Cold / Mr. Freeze
25. Brainiac
26. Damian Wayne
27. Black Adam
28. Doctor Fate

DLC Characters:

1. Darkseid
2. Starfire
3. Black Manta
4. Spawn
5. Terra
6. Katana
7. Klarion The Witch Boy
8. Static Shock

J-Tier

Ah, I see... So that list was already there in December. Yeah, could be fake then. :/

It's cool. To entertain the list--it's a pretty fun list. I got excited for a second at the prospect of Klarion being in the game.

Though Terra is anti-hype. That bitch.

EDIT:

Identifying a Fake Injustice 2 Leak
By Ryce

1. Search the list for Klarion the Witch Boy.
2. If he is present, the list is fake.

LOL

But sadly most likely true.

Ryce

By Ryce

By Ryce

Hahaha. This much is true. Aside from giving them another opportunity to create another cat companion, Klarion is the absolute last character NRS would sell as DLC to a mainstream audience.

J-Tier

Well, then there are still chances Nightwing is a DLC character. :)

Klarion would've been cool though...
From that list, Black Manta and Starfire are probably the most likely. With Static following not too far behind--though Black Lightning could steal his thunder since he's getting a tv show soon.
Regarding the panel I was referring to a few posts back, is this the Red Hood?
Damn, haven't followed the comic honestly. But that does seem like Red Hood. Chances are he'll be DLC too. Meh. Another shoot bang dude.

From that list, Black Manta and Starfire are probably the most likely. With Static following not too far behind--though Black Lightning could steal his thunder since he's getting a tv show soon.

Damn, haven't followed the comic honestly. But that does seem like Red Hood. Chances are he'll be DLC too. Meh. Another shoot bang dude.

Thinking about it now, we know NRS are going to be announcing some of the DLC characters before the game launches. We also know that Joker is the final reveal for the launch roster. Given the characters shared history, it wouldn't surprise me to see both revealed at the same time, or Red Hood at least announced alongside the Joker.

Neoxon

There was apparently a Reddit post in January that got quickly taken down. People copied the list though and it was posted on several others forums, such as Gamefaqs:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191336-injustice-2/74866872

Here the full list from over three months ago:

Full Roster + Costumes:

1. Superman
2. Batman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Supergirl / Power Girl
5. Atrocitus
6. Gorilla Grodd
7. Blue Beetle
8. Harley Quinn
9. Deadshot
10. Aquaman
11. Joker
12. Bane
13. Poison Ivy
14. Swamp Thing
15. Black Canary
16. Catwoman
17. Cyborg
18. Hal Jordan / John Stewart
19. Cheetah
20. Firestorm
21. Flash / Zoom
22. Scarecrow
23. Green Arrow
24. Captain Cold / Mr. Freeze
25. Brainiac
26. Damian Wayne
27. Black Adam
28. Doctor Fate

DLC Characters:

1. Darkseid
2. Starfire
3. Black Manta
4. Spawn
5. Terra
6. Katana
7. Klarion The Witch Boy
8. Static
FTFY

Ryce

Sub-Zero and Captain Cold don't really have much in common. Sub-Zero, Captain Cold, and Killer Frost could theoretically all coexist in this game with little gameplay overlap.

J-Tier

Sub definitely strikes me as the most likely rep, especially after Scorpion made an appearance in the last game. As you noted though, with Captain Cold, he might be redundant. Maybe Cage? Cassie Cage even?

Shao Khan could be cool. We could revisit the whole Dark Khan thing.

Sub-Zero and Captain Cold don't really have much in common. Sub-Zero, Captain Cold, and Killer Frost could theoretically all coexist in this game with little gameplay overlap.

True, their use of powers and consequently move sets, would be radically different, not unlike the differences between Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing.

GrayFoxPL

Sub definitely strikes me as the most likely rep, especially after Scorpion made an appearance in the last game. As you noted though, with Captain Cold, he might be redundant. Maybe Cage? Cassie Cage even?

I'm a Cage fan and he's my main, but I'm not seeing him fitting the I2 cast. I also don't want him donning ridiculous costume like Scorp did in I1, hated that design.

I'm a Cage fan and he's my main, but I'm not seeing him fitting the I2 cast. I also don't want him donning ridiculous costume like Scorp did in I1, hated that design.

Jim Lee's Scorpion design was over the top, but I didn't mind it. I'm not sure whether he'd be asked to design Sub-Zero though, if he makes the roster. It'd be nice to have some consistency, but I'd love to see someone else's interpretation.

Top Bottom